Hacking comex's brawl haxx

sevast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, umm, I thought twizzlers were against showing all their cards... What's up with this coming out when bannerbomb's still working?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
bannerbomb can be fixed with the next systemmenuupdate

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually it´s more difficult to patch this exploit as the bannerbomb, because it´s a file that is only loaded from the game not like the bannerbomb or TW hack which are save files

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sevast said:
So, umm, I thought twizzlers were against showing all their cards... What's up with this coming out when bannerbomb's still working?
Bannerbomb isn't Twizzer's exploit, I don't think.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladexdsl said:
they can still block this all they have to do is make an update that deletes the hbc itself and any other custom chans. this hack might actually make nintendo to start getting serious.

Illegal. At least here in Germany. They are not allowed to change the in that way.

Even those PSP games deleting specific directories on your MMS do illegal operations.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most comparable to Agent under fire for xbox, the hackers that did that one had a buffer overflow in a "rain jacket" in the game u put on the rain jacket and it booted Evox up lol

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is awesome. Nintendo can't patch it, so we could be looking at an undefeatable exploit here. Unless they make a new system menu which checks Brawl custom stages, but i can't see them doing that as i believe that'd slow down the system menu for people, which would make people unhappy.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SifJar said:
Unless they make a new system menu which checks Brawl custom stages, but i can't see them doing that as i believe that'd slow down the system menu for people, which would make people unhappy.

I would trick it with only inserting the SD card after I started the game. System Menu has no controls there and fails.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FenrirWolf said:
This exploit, however, depends entirely on code that runs from the game disc and that can only be updated by Nintendo sending out armies of ninjas to steal your Brawl and replace it with a bugfixed version.
Thank you for that awesome picture that's forming in my mind! ^^

However I'm pretty sure they can fix it by apllying a patch to the IOS Brwl runs on. The SD-access is handled by that IOS, so you can just put a check in there that looks for irregular data.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, someone mentioned that they might be able to have IOS36 updated to stop the stack smash. I didn't know that an IOS could be made to do that.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Det1re said:
I would trick it with only inserting the SD card after I started the game. System Menu has no controls there and fails.
Good point. Never thought of that.

And the IOS thing. They can't stop brawl booting without new IOS, so as long as we dont update that IOS we're fine. That may still mean new people with fully updated wiis soon won't benefit, but i'm sure there'll be a workaround or something.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
Yeah, someone mentioned that they might be able to have IOS36 updated to stop the stack smash. I didn't know that an IOS could be made to do that.

Should be doable. For Example they could add a check, so files on SD get checked for a specific signature when beeing executed.

[NO NINTENDO. STOP READING HERE AND DON'T COPY THIS IDEA! :P]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-