Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend to be ported to PC and mobile this fall

Last year saw the release of a collection of old-school Game Boy RPGs on the Nintendo Switch. Now, Square Enix is bringing that port to more platforms, with the announcement of Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend for Steam, Android, and iOS. It packs together the first three Final Fantasy Legend titles, with extra features like a high-speed mode, wallpapers, and a playstyle optimized for mobile phones. You'll be able to pick up Collection of SaGa when it releases digitally on the App Store and Google Play Store on September 22nd, or on Steam for PC on October 21st.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TBH, I literally NEVER played any FF game, do you guys think I should start with these and follow the games order?
As the thread title implies, the Final Fantasy Legend games are actually part of the SaGa series. They were not released under the Final Fantasy name in Japan and are generally completely unrelated to the other Final Fantasy games: they're quite difficult and have very different gameplay.

Frankly I think Final Fantasy (the original NES game) had some highly questionable game design which was never really remedied in its various remakes. It's kind of hard to say where you might want to start. Depends on how much time you have and how much you're willing to punish yourself.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Noctosphere

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Love it when games your planning on getting eventually get dropped on PC~ Never beat these and have been on a JRPG kick this year. Let's go!

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, but GB games have NOT aged well. The DS remakes or WS remakes would have been a superior choice, but you know, SE's gonna SE.
It will interesting how many digital copies will sell. My bet will be a total failure for lauching the original gb games,if only launch the wondersman or ds games remake it will have good sales..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bet will be a total failure for lauching the original gb games,if only launch the wondersman or ds games remake it will have good sales.
Eh, at this point regardless of what they do, I expect the vast majority of purchasers won't play the games for more than an hour (if at all) and Square will get the same amount of money in any case.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will interesting how many digital copies will sell. My bet will be a total failure for lauching the original gb games,if only launch the wondersman or ds games remake it will have good sales..

They port this to PC, but not the Pixel Remastered games to consoles. Makes sense to me. not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay