Hacking Coldboot with 4.1 ever?

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there is a coldboot currently in works for ipatched running on 4.1? Maybe something that will make it like autorcm without the risk of brick.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An untethered coldboot exploit is theoretically possible on 3.x and lower, although it's probably going to be a very long time before it happens. A coldboot exploit of any kind on 4.1.0 is highly unlikely.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just makes me paranoid a little that I have to connect to the internet just to use caffeine. Wish there was a version that I didnt have to use internet on sysnand just to get to cfw.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just makes me paranoid a little that I have to connect to the internet just to use caffeine. Wish there was a version that I didnt have to use internet on sysnand just to get to cfw.
Yeah kinda reminds me how Henkaku started out on the vita. Had to go into the Henkaku url just to prompt cfw mode. Then they made an offline version, but was tedious b/c you had to use the email app for that. Then again these things always start out slow till we hit mid-end of the lifespan of a console.

axiomjunglist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thought on caffeine until I just went for it and tried it. Sysnans 4.1.0 to Emunand 9.0.1. It works amazingly well. If you have a phone with a mobile wifi hotspot set the switch to connect to it through the modified DNS and you're good to go almost anywhere you have cell service.

I have Rekado on my Pixel so will be picking up a jig for the edge case of having no cell service but otherwise works great for me.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah kinda reminds me how Henkaku started out on the vita. Had to go into the Henkaku url just to prompt cfw mode. Then they made an offline version, but was tedious b/c you had to use the email app for that. Then again these things always start out slow till we hit mid-end of the lifespan of a console.
Tedious? It took no more than a few seconds and it was only necessary when you rebooted.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tedious? It took no more than a few seconds and it was only necessary when you rebooted.
Clicking another app to get something to work becomes tedious over time. Also the email- offline method didn't always work on the 1st or 2nd attempt. Atleast not for me anyway

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just try to not turn the switch off. It bothers me less then having to coldboot. If they could just make something like ninjahax for caffeine that would make me happy ^_^. I know they are busting their butts trying to find a way and I am thankful for it.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untethered coldboot is impossible on all hardware types and firmwares (modchips on FG consoles, and pk1ldrhax (which realistically won’t ever be usable) being the only exceptions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup