Coldboot with 4.1 ever?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by akira022, Oct 3, 2019.

1. akira022
    OP

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Anyone know if there is a coldboot currently in works for ipatched running on 4.1? Maybe something that will make it like autorcm without the risk of brick.

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's already Deja Vu for 4.1.

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    well that's a warm boot and not a cold boot exploit

Hayato213 likes this.
  4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    From what I can tell the likelyhood of getting a coldboot exploit other than FG is slim to none, especially on patched units.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    An untethered coldboot exploit is theoretically possible on 3.x and lower, although it's probably going to be a very long time before it happens. A coldboot exploit of any kind on 4.1.0 is highly unlikely.

6. akira022
    OP

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Just makes me paranoid a little that I have to connect to the internet just to use caffeine. Wish there was a version that I didnt have to use internet on sysnand just to get to cfw.

7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Yeah kinda reminds me how Henkaku started out on the vita. Had to go into the Henkaku url just to prompt cfw mode. Then they made an offline version, but was tedious b/c you had to use the email app for that. Then again these things always start out slow till we hit mid-end of the lifespan of a console.

8. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    I had the same thought on caffeine until I just went for it and tried it. Sysnans 4.1.0 to Emunand 9.0.1. It works amazingly well. If you have a phone with a mobile wifi hotspot set the switch to connect to it through the modified DNS and you're good to go almost anywhere you have cell service.

I have Rekado on my Pixel so will be picking up a jig for the edge case of having no cell service but otherwise works great for me.

9. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Tedious? It took no more than a few seconds and it was only necessary when you rebooted.

10. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Clicking another app to get something to work becomes tedious over time. Also the email- offline method didn't always work on the 1st or 2nd attempt. Atleast not for me anyway

11. akira022
    OP

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, I just try to not turn the switch off. It bothers me less then having to coldboot. If they could just make something like ninjahax for caffeine that would make me happy ^_^. I know they are busting their butts trying to find a way and I am thankful for it.

12. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Untethered coldboot is impossible on all hardware types and firmwares (modchips on FG consoles, and pk1ldrhax (which realistically won’t ever be usable) being the only exceptions)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted