Hacking cold-boot kernel hacks?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a complete and utter noob to the PS4 hacking scene and I just found out I have to run an exploit every time the ps4 boots in order to play the backed up games. which is fine but it is going to be annoying as hell. since i am lazy dude im just wondering if there is some sort of cold boot thing in the works.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am a complete and utter noob to the PS4 hacking scene and I just found out I have to run an exploit every time the ps4 boots in order to play the backed up games. which is fine but it is going to be annoying as hell. since i am lazy dude im just wondering if there is some sort of cold boot thing in the works.

You’ll have to wait for it.
Recently a rest mode exploit has been discovered and shown, but we have no idea yet where this will lead to, so until then it’ll have to be the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember a method on wii u (that I dont think worked out) to contain the exploit file within a selfhostable web link. Like encoded into the url or something..

Was it @vgmoose ? Sorry if it wasnt, my memory is crazy bad right now..

Makes me wonder if we could cache something to a bookmark (somehow), or do something like contenthax (haxchi) on wii u.

Perhaps websploit>kernel>ftp payload>drop a file on local internal hdd> Somehow load it via web browser/userguide.... maybe registry edit user guide to look internally?

Idk just thinking out loud.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
We need master key. What is? İts decyrpt the all files in the ps4 system. Why did I say that? Because you looking for a cfw like me. THE PS3 HACKİNG SCENE! Rebug cfw patches the lv memories and other stuffs, add more thing,add etc and done. But we only have temporary debug settings :/

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We need master key. What is? İts decyrpt the all files in the ps4 system. Why did I say that? Because you looking for a cfw like me. THE PS3 HACKİNG SCENE! Rebug cfw patches the lv memories and other stuffs, add more thing,add etc and done. But we only have temporary debug settings :/

Wii U didnt rely so much on keys. Just clever exploitation. Websploit > kernel escalation.

CBHC is an incredible example and haxchi was very clever contant hacking.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’ll have to wait for it.
Recently a rest mode exploit has been discovered and shown, but we have no idea yet where this will lead to, so until then it’ll have to be the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember a method on wii u (that I dont think worked out) to contain the exploit file within a selfhostable web link. Like encoded into the url or something..

Makes me wonder if we could cache something to a bookmark (somehow), or do something like contenthax (haxchi) on wii u.

Perhaps websploit>kernel>ftp payload>drop a file on local internal hdd> Somehow load it via web browser/userguide.... maybe registry edit user guide to look internally?

well if i was the one who made you start thinking nd you ultimately came out with something id be honored

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Huh? I've never been tagged in the ps4 section before :P

Here's my thread on the data-uri stuff for Wii U: https://gbatemp.net/threads/storing-webpages-for-offline-in-the-browser-html-and-images.441629/

Worth noting none of it panned out, I think mostly due to the exploit being in the media player, which refused to pop up from a data URI. As far as the ps4 goes, I don't know anything about that, but if people want to experiment with data URIs, I have some examples in that thread on how to use and make them.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh? I've never been tagged in the ps4 section before :P

Here's my thread on the data-uri stuff for Wii U: https://gbatemp.net/threads/storing-webpages-for-offline-in-the-browser-html-and-images.441629/

Worth noting none of it panned out, I think mostly due to the exploit being in the media player, which refused to pop up from a data URI. As far as the ps4 goes, I don't know anything about that, but if people want to experiment with data URIs, I have some examples in that thread on how to use and make them.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I think my understanding of what it did is incorrect. But its an avenue worth exploring even if it doesnt work out either.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really the person to implement this, who can we tag in to take a look?
you know better than me im just a complete noob but i am full of ideas and recommendations

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not really the person to implement this, who can we tag in to take a look?
looking downloading games it is made hard and confusing for doom i have to download 90 FILES!!!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well