Code Isn't Property; Therefore it can't Be stolen

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see the problem, I mean to steal is to take the product away from another person while code, ISO, ROMs and so forth aren't stolen but copied so its neither a counterfeit or theft since the original product is still there and haven't gone anywhere so by technicality like I said this isn't theft but alot of companies are becoming more strict regardless.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to track off from the piracy debate (which this topic wasn't originally about but hey, GBAtemp). I wonder if plagiarism laws would cover code if you'd publish purely code. Following this logic the original author of the code would at least have to get a mention in the developing credits.

D

Deleted User

Great! Let me go pirate some games then! That's code, so im not stealing it! -_-

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't it bill gates who said in the movie Pirates of silicon valley ..... " Change it just enough to call it your own " ....... here are other quotes from the movie

Steve Jobs: What is this? This is like doing business with a praying mantis. You get seduced, and then eaten alive afterwards?
Bill Gates: Get real, would ya? You and I are both like guys who had this rich neighbor - Xerox - who left the door open all the time. And you go sneakin' in to steal a TV set. Only when you get there, you realize that I got there first. I got the loot, Steve! And you're yellin'? "That's not fair. I wanted to try to steal it first." You're too late.

Bill Gates: There may be a few... similarities.
Steve Jobs: Similarities? Similarities? Try theft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill