Hacking Code dump on previously working games

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very strange and i didn't see it posted before (sorry if it has)

I can install games fine to the ext hdd and they play fine.

but after adding about 5 or more games, old ones stop working and give a Code Dump on boot.

Now the only reason for this is if the installing of new games corrupts old ones.

Any suggestions.

eg, I have Mario Galaxy, CSI, Mario Kart, Cod5, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles all installed and tested working.

i install say Dogz and then Mario Galaxy no longer works. I reinstall Mario Galaxy and then Final Fantasy stops working.....!

I am confused.

Btw, I'm using the PC tool to put games on the hdd

Boss351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the exact same issues, funny thing is I havent added any games since the initial ones I installed and they all ran fine the other day, I didnt use the Wii for a couple of days till today I tryed some games and I started off getting random errors like retry -1, -0 and -16/-17 and now I get a heap of code dumps.

I thought it might have been because of my usb remote charging base station even though that was plugged in the other day when all the games installed worked, i removed the usb remote charging base station and I still had the same issues with games no longer running and getting the random errors retry -1, -0 and -16/-17 and now the code dumps.

got me stuffed what has caused the games to no longer run

PS I'm using the PC tool to put games on the hdd and also dumped a few of my originals via the disc drive

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having same problem. I install Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario stops working. I install Super Paper Mario again and another game stops working. kongsnutz, are your games on partition 2 or partition 1 of your usb. I heard that partition 2 causes problems. I'm going to switch partitions and i'll post back.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
bluebird12 said:
I'm having same problem. I install Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario stops working. I install Super Paper Mario again and another game stops working. kongsnutz, are your games on partition 2 or partition 1 of your usb. I heard that partition 2 causes problems. I'm going to switch partitions and i'll post back.
I have the same problems and i'm using partition 1 on my Elements Western digital 400GB.I've got about 20 games on a 160 GB partition but one game always gives me the error seen on the screencap.If i copy the game again it works ok but another random game gets the error.Im going to format again and try out WBFS Gui rev7 to see if that makes a difference.
20090403-185352.jpg

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I'm having the same problem.
My game Zelda and Game Party used to work, but no longer do.
I figured its something to do with my HDD being partitioned.
frown.gif

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I re-formated/re-partitioned my drive so that the wii one is first. I'm currently dumping the games on the wii and instead of formatting the drive on my pc I formatted it on my wii (will see if this makes a difference, probably not).

EDIT: Maybe many people are having this problem, but since a random game gets corrupted each time, most people don't realize until they try to load that game.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can confirm the same : madworld worked, then stopped working after copying 5 other isos using calimero's gui.
I didn't notice any problem when using the command version of the .exe. To be confirmed though...

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, i'm having the same problem with a lot of code dumps occuring about a minute in to the game, it seems to happen less when i installed USB loader1.1 dol onto Preloader 0.29 and boot from that. I was wondering, could the disc updates still work and bypass the hacks if booting off wbfs images?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is not partition related. I was wondering about that.....Can have something to do with how this drives were formatted (what metode)? Have you guys used USBLoader to formate or wbfs? I am just trying to help if you guys post more information maybe we can point it down to one thing. So far it looks that is not partition related as even people with only one partition have this problem.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay
Originally:
120GB Hammer MoreSpace USB 2.0 Harddrive
Partitioned into 2 drives, First one was 40gb for personal files. Another was 70 gb for Wii games.
Formatted the 2nd partition on PC with WBFS tool. Then installed games onto it from both wii and PC. Eventually after about 5th game, realized some weren't working (Ret = 0 or codedump). Re-installed non-working one, and another one then started not working.

NOW:
Changed partitions so that 1st one is for Wii. Formatted to WBFS on wii this time. Installing games on the wii currently, installed about 3. After each installation, i will check to make sure each previous game is working.

Will come back with results.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This problem occured for the first time today on my Wii. Had Rayman RR TV Party installed on Hard Drive and it ran absolutely well without any problems for several days now. But today, something got corrupted, throwing a code dump every time I try to start the game. All other games are still working so far (besides errors in Okami and Overkill). It's definitely important to keep the original ISOs somewhere save.
wink.gif

I also tried to read the game back to ISO (extract command of wbfs tool). When trying to reinstall the extracted Image onto the HDD it just says "Not a Wii disk: Success", so the file is really corrupted, I think.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting.
Update:
I installed 6 games all from the wii. Using the right usb port instead of the left (probably doesn't make a difference). And this time none of them messed up . I'm now going to try and install a game from my PC, if that causes one of the games to code dump or rev=0, that means that adding iso's from computer corrupts some of the files on the usb.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for all of you: Did you guys formatted these partitons to FAT32 before you use wfbs tool? Also I want to mention that a tryied a different s\w on my USB 8GB stick that I use for testting (formatted by wsbf) and I coruppted so bad that I could not read or write to it anymore so I had to formated back to FAT32 to bring it back to life. I found that Maximillions WBFS Gui.exeworks the best so I am wondering as well if some of you may uses some of these guis that are not fully tested and can corupped your ISO or\and HD.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
I have a question for all of you: Did you guys formatted these partitons to FAT32 before you use wfbs tool? Also I want to mention that a tryied a different s\w on my USB 8GB stick that I use for testting (formatted by wsbf) and I coruppted so bad that I could not read or write to it anymore so I had to formated back to FAT32 to bring it back to life. I found that Maximillions WBFS Gui.exeworks the best so I am wondering as well if some of you may uses some of these guis that are not fully tested and can corupped your ISO or\and HD.

I am using Maximillion's GUI. And the first time I did it, my USB was formatted to NTFS. Then after i got corrupted games. I repartitioned/formatted. I started at Fat32 and then went to WBFS. This time so far I have no corruptions.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebird12 said:
Sorry for double posting.
Update:
I installed 6 games all from the wii. Using the right usb port instead of the left (probably doesn't make a difference). And this time none of them messed up . I'm now going to try and install a game from my PC, if that causes one of the games to code dump or rev=0, that means that adding iso's from computer corrupts some of the files on the usb.

I have 30 games and 25 were added using my PC, but read my above post.

For XP users: You can not format a larger disk the 32 GB (FAT32) so use fat32format.exe to do it.

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have just tested 43 games on my External HD (Imation Apollo 320GB usb2.0) installed over 3 days. Used a renamer and a gui through windows vista. Just installed one game throught the Wii just to see how fast it was.

Yesterday I had one codedump with scarface, reinstalled today and it worked just fine. This all was before I read this post. After reading this post I went testing all the 43 games I had installed on the HD. Just one game codedumped on me (Rockband 2). I dunno if it worked before I didn't test. Even with Scarface I started it for the first time so dunno if it worked before.

Its wierd to read and not having this major problem. That's the same thing with reading that people have freezing problems. Are your suffering from that problem to? I can play games from the HD without any freeze.

I hope Waninkoko is obsurving these simptoms/problems to make the USB loader even better. As for now in my situation its working as it should. But maybe the problems wil come later. If someone want help with testing I be glad to help you guys.

My system: Wii bought december 2008, D2Pro hardmod, System 4.0E (official update), IOS 249 rev9, Patched IOS60, Backup Launcher Channel 002 fix, USB Loader Channel with changed background.

EDIT: Useing maximillion's GUI, my HD came out of the box and directly on the WII and formatted it through USB Loader 1.1, so dunno if it was FAT32 of NTFS, or just unformatted. My first guess would be NTFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2