Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just got my CoD 4 torrent to work and I started playing. I went on the first level (the training one) and I noticed a little jerkiness, it was still playable but I wanted to make it as smooth as possible so I put it on medium and it was working nicely but you could barely see the choppiness. (the cut scenes were nice and smooth) I was very happy but then on the boat level, BOOM I was raped by choppiness. I had to put all the settings on low and now it was playable. it was still choppy but playable (and this was NOT on multi)

I saw that CSS on medium had better FPS and better graphics even in multiplayer, than CoD 4 on all low in single player. Maybe because CoD had more particles (dust, fog, water, etc) or maybe because it had more details but CSS looked way better.

Your opinion on why you think that is? (don't say "it's cus your crappy video card" or something like that because I know my v-card is crappy but that's no reason to why CoD is worse than CSS (ok, maybe it is but just don't say that)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um CS:S was released in mid 2004, CoD4 was released in late 2007
thats pretty much the reason

CoD4 is a gfx heavy game

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, you already came up with the reason yourself, you're just in denial. Source engine games run really well on older graphics cards. And if you can only crank a Source game up to medium, you won't be able to play any modern games with good settings.
Time for a graphics card upgrade
wink.gif
. They're pretty cheap if you know where to look, so I wouldn't worry too much.

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was playing CS:S once at my gparents house (I was addicted so badly at this house that it's my only place to play), and it ran pretty much perfect, and they have an old Dell, and those things always suck.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, I know that I's my v-card but I'm just saying that I'm surprised that if you put the settings on low in CoD, you get very crappy graphics. I expected ok graphics and see a lot of choppiness but nnnnnoooooooo instead you get bad graphics and a so-so FPS. Ether way, I'm still playing this game and it's fun.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's optimisation. Valve has done an amazing job doing it. I can run Half Life 2 on high detail on my laptop at 33-45fps constantly at 800x600... which has an Intel X3100. Not the greatest (probably the worst of all IGPs at the moment) of graphics cards. Whereas, running CoD4 on 640x480 at minimum details (except for textures) would be around 15-25fps, and it looks far worse.

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol find a cracked server and go play online, you can most prob turn you're settings back to medium or so
i dont know what it is, but when my pc crashed i installed it on my parents pc, wich really coundt handel the offline singe player
but the multiplayer was playable at lowest settings, don't ask me how though!
and try www.canyourunit.com
really helpfull website!

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
This probably is a joke topic cause when we are the ones which make graphics low then why is the game to blame which has to be played on high details to fully see the graphics.
We can't judge a game's graphics by trying it's lowest settings can we.........?

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
lol find a cracked server and go play online, you can most prob turn you're settings back to medium or so
i dont know what it is, but when my pc crashed i installed it on my parents pc, wich really coundt handel the offline singe player
but the multiplayer was playable at lowest settings, don't ask me how though!

I'm pretty sure there's an oversight here. Though I guess you could say your computer will be doing a little bit less in multiplayer, as the AI, events and such won't be running like in singleplayer.
Shouldn't make much of a difference though.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I understand what the Op means, at the very least, he expects "low" settings on CoD4 shouldn't be THAT crappy, I use 7200 SE (crappy, I know), and not only it's crappy, at some point it screws up. I was surprised too, I never thought when everything is low, it will be that bad, I was expecting something like Devil May Cry 4. Put everyhting in low and you can still see the great graphics

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Well, I understand what the Op means, at the very least, he expects "low" settings on CoD4 shouldn't be THAT crappy, I use 7200 SE (crappy, I know), and not only it's crappy, at some point it screws up. I was surprised too, I never thought when everything is low, it will be that bad, I was expecting something like Devil May Cry 4. Put everyhting in low and you can still see the great graphics

exactly

7200 SE? mine's a 6150 LE, you wanna trade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1