Gaming Club Nintendo points...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I specifically meant the fact a Wiimote is dangling from the controller is what makes it repulsive, not the fact it's wired. So you want a controller that came out years ago long before the Wii U was a thing and still is a better controller than the Club Nintendo SNES controller with a better design and straight plugs into most Wiis? How about this one, which I also have, which is absolutely fantastic: http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/03/05/hori-digital-controller-for-gamecube. If you're in the US you had a chance to get that 10 years ago.

And now the Wii U GameCube adapter gives this Hori controller a new lease of life, making it even better than the SNES controller. Sure, you can buy this adapter to make the SNES controller connect to a PC, though since it was designed like a Classic Controller it has a short cord length, so forget the casualty of sitting on the couch to play games a ten feet away from you.

That first controller is not ideal for games like Mario World. I love the layout of the gamecube buttons on the actual gamecube controller for gamecube games, but whenever I try to play certain SNES games with a GC controller, it just doesn't feel or work properly with how the buttons were mapped in those classic games. I honestly have no preference in a wired gamecube controller over a classic controller pro connected to a wiimote, as they both have their drawbacks. The wiimote "dangling" off isn't a problem, it just sits in my lap or to the side of me, and I can be playing the games from a ways away. The gamecube controller is wired to the console and has a button layout that isn't ideal for many classic games.

My point still stands, at the time, I truly envied that official SNES classic controller, in fact I still think it's nice, maybe you don't appreciate it, but its a cool little exclusive you guys got. Don't get me wrong, I love the selection of games we can download as NA club nintendo members. I was only pointing out that in the past you've gotten some things that we didn't, that were pretty nice at least for some people.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Have you actually tried the Hori Digital Controller? It sounds to me like you've tried playing SNES games with an actual GameCube controller, which is no wonder why it feels wrong to you. The SNES controller is a cool item, I'll give you that, but you're making it sound like it's the answer to cure cancer, which it isn't. Club Nintendo in Europe and US has generally been sloppy to begin with, so what if there were a handful of okay to good items on there? Trust me, the current selection says plenty and we only have crappy digital wallpapers and stuff like that. You're probably getting a gold Mario amiibo as a platinum reward. Apples to oranges, maybe? I don't know. I just never felt Club Nintendo in Europe ever had anything good, well, maybe with the exception of the Mario themed GameCube controller. That was kick ass.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you actually tried the Hori Digital Controller? It sounds to me like you've tried playing SNES games with an actual GameCube controller, which is no wonder why it feels wrong to you. The SNES controller is a cool item, I'll give you that, but you're making it sound like it's the answer to cure cancer, which it isn't. Club Nintendo in Europe and US has generally been sloppy to begin with, so what if there were a handful of okay to good items on there? Trust me, the current selection says plenty and we only have crappy digital wallpapers and stuff like that. You're probably getting a gold Mario amiibo as a platinum reward. Apples to oranges, maybe? I don't know. I just never felt Club Nintendo in Europe ever had anything good, well, maybe with the exception of the Mario themed GameCube controller. That was kick ass.

No, I'm not making it sound like the cure to cancer, if you read my posts, its very clear what I am saying, its a nice product you got that we didn't. I've used that Hori controller before, its nice, but it also just doesn't work properly for certain SNES games, simple as that. The button layout, just doesn't quite work as nice as the standard 4 button diamond all same shape type of controller. I'm not saying either service was fantastic either. Just that in the past, Europe did get some nice things that NA never did, even though yes, NA typically got better club nintendo rewards. Simple as that.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I scored myself this Messenger bag with my 800 coins. :)

gotit.jpg

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Why would iQue even have an iQue club... Lol.

Seriously though, what the hell is going on with iQue nowadays? Nintendo had this joint venture with them for over a decade and they never made something out of it. Nintendo actually had game consoles in China during the Chinese ban of video game consoles that was lifted until recently. And now even Xbox is a bigger thing than Nintendo in China. Who is responsible for being so stupid not to take into account the world's biggest market?

No one knows, probably Iwata.

Reactions: shinkodachi

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna open the messenger bag, gonna keep it safe with my other unopened items that are rare, and no longer being produced. :3

Yeah, I may not open mine, either

Then again, a framed version of that puzzle does sound kinda sexy:
600_ZELDA_JIGSAW_PUZZLE_PIECES.jpg
Edit: Although its only 10" x 14.5", which kinda sucks... All the same, maybe I can make a collage of puzzles if there's similar stuff in the new loyalty program ^_^

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope they still offer cool collectable stuff with their loyalty program, and I wonder if it will only be NNID-linked stuff, like downloaded games you buy... because I always buy retail, so that model would suck!

Reactions: HNKii

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I hope they still offer cool collectable stuff with their loyalty program, and I wonder if it will only be NNID-linked stuff, like downloaded games you buy... because I always buy retail, so that model would suck!

Yeah me too... I only earned one eshop $5 during the DDP period.
I only buy digital when:
1. This game is digital only
2. This game is a club Nintendo gift or free
3. The digital version is way cheaper( last september, SM3DW $40)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For those of you who consider Club Nintendo of Europe as crap, have a look at the rewards catalog of iQue club:

From left to Right:
iQue DSLite poster cost:1500pts
iQue cap cost:10000
Nintendogs bags cost:2000
I do not know how many points is a game/console eligible for since I never registered any.
(Can gbatemp add a function of uploading image from the computer directly? That will help!)

Some thing about iQue club:
1. You can transfer points to your friends.
2. Free wallpapers(about iQue player games, GBA, and iQue player console) are avaliable for members. If anyone is interested in those wallpapers, I'll upload them.
3.iQue player users can download manuals from the club for the games they own if they have a club account.
4. The login page of iQue Club REQUIRES A CAPTCHA.:ohnoes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-