Cliffy B: Games Industry in "State of Turmoil"

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Nintendo are doomed, Michael Patcher reckons they can have 20-30 years of losing money before they're in trouble. Remember his words usually mean that the opposite is going to happen unless he is stating the obvious like "the next CoD" will sell well...

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196873

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I agree I'm sick and tired of nothing but fucking shooters and those lame button mashing beat em up games with their lame combo counters being made there's no variety these days.

Actually Nintendo are doomed, Michael Patcher reckons they can have 20-30 years of losing money before they're in trouble.

yeah everything that fuck-tard has predicted has certainly came true right?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo will ever go software only. They like to do things their own way, and to do that they need to control the hardware. They'll go under completely before going software only (not that I think they're going to wind up going under, either).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isn't clear enough for why you will pass. :P

Well it was also posted by you and to be blunt your track record for posted videos has been rather awful. It's usually just basement dwelling shitnerds getting buttfurious over the flavor of the week in irrelevant gaming news.

A strawman said Nintendo is dying! Better stand in front of my camera and record it even though I have no experience in the field!

Reactions: Gahars and gamefan5

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>sees title
>sees preview image

I'll pass.
It wasn't that bad
Here are his points though:
*A lot of people think Nintendo is losing money
*Nintendo actually has Billions
*Sony is selling property and laying off workers to make up for the VG loses.
*People think the Wii U is the next Dreamcast
*Most people don't realize that Sega went 3rd party after the Dreamcast because of loses before that system (32x, CD, Game Gear, need I say more?), so Nintendo won't be heading that way any time soon.
*Nintendo is hiring people and buying new properties
*Wii U is selling better that Wii at launch
*3DS is the fastest selling console of all time

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't bad
Here are his points though:
*A lot of people think Nintendo is losing money
*Nintendo actually has Billions
*Sony is selling property and laying off workers to make up for the VG loses.
*People think the Wii U is the next Dreamcast
*Most people don't realize that Sega went 3rd party after the Dreamcast because of loses before that system (32x, CD, Game Gear, need I say more?), so Nintendo won't be heading that way any time soon.
*Nintendo is hiring people and buying new properties
*Wii U is selling better that Wii at launch
*3DS is the fastest selling console of all time

So basically crying about strawmen and stating facts everyone knew to make Nintendo an electronic Jesus and Sony to be the electronic Judas?

Well I guess I didn't miss anything. I could've written the whole thing before I even saw it.

EDIT: Also Sony's video game division has been rather profitable. Their other divisions (like televisions) are money bonfires.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically crying about strawmen and stating facts everyone knew to make Nintendo an electronic Jesus and Sony to be the electronic Judas?

Well I guess I didn't miss anything. I could've written the whole thing before I even saw it.
Yeah, my life hasn't change much because I watched it. I've seen worse points just here on the Temp, however.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it was also posted by you and to be blunt your track record for posted videos has been rather awful. It's usually just basement dwelling shitnerds getting buttfurious over the flavor of the week in irrelevant gaming news.
I know who are talking about. :lol: That's been one person.
Link

EDIT: Also Sony's video game division has been rather profitable. Their other divisions (like televisions) are money bonfires.
Two other points.
-Not saying Sony is Doom
-Showing people hypocrisy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two other points.
-Not saying Sony is Doom
-Showing people hypocrisy

But like literally no one goes "NINTENDO IS BLEEDING MONEY THEY'RE DOOMED." It's a victim complex. Like it's not a widely held belief that Nintendo are dying, numbers show they're not, but he's arguing against the small minority who say this and blowing it out of proportion.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's a pretty stupid response. Of course there are more smartphone users then 3DS owners, Apple alone has sold what, over 30 million iPhone's since it's original debut? I doubt Nintendo has sold 30 million 3DS systems yet, but they could do so easily this year.
Just wanted to point out that Apple has sold 250 million iPhones from debut to June 2012. That would equate to roughly 300-350 million to this day. Revenue is around $200 billion. Not bad :3

I'd see Nintendo growing, but just the same can be said about Nokia. It still has quite a bit of cash in reserve, but compared to the levels of a few years ago, it's pennies. I'd love to see all companies thrive, but then again, we've had quite a good run for this gen consoles already! If the next one is even close to this, we're good to go.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Cliffy B :rofl2:

Phones will never gain any major ground in the handheld industry imo.

Gaming industry is fine, games are good, stop being a douche.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games aren't "good". There are too many games riddled with bugs and there are too many games that are poorly designed.

That's nothing new. There have always been tons of bug-riddled and poorly-designed games. Always. Sturgeon's Law and all that.

These days, you don't have to look very hard to find quality games, whether they're from an established or independent developer.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks to the actions of facebook and apple the game industry is going to have to adapt like everyone has said.

In last 2 years I've heard a bunch of game companies try and get rich quick by making dumb, forgettable mobile games.

They wanna get it in, I understand that. Angry birds and those other trash 5 min games made em say "ooh we can make money like dem pplz".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8