Hardware cleaning a dusty ps3

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
I'd like to clean the dust out of my ps3 cecha01, launch model. What is the best method of removing dust(original has huge holes for heat expulsion) without opening the ps3? Thanks in advance.

I enjoy using compressed air to get things done. Comes in a can with a straw to push out the pressurized air and gets dust out pretty well.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
DigitalDeviant said:
I'd like to clean the dust out of my ps3 cecha01, launch model. What is the best method of removing dust(original has huge holes for heat expulsion) without opening the ps3? Thanks in advance.

I enjoy using compressed air to get things done. Comes in a can with a straw to push out the pressurized air and gets dust out pretty well.

Do you recommend any specific brand/store to buy one from? Are their different types? Sorry for being a noob about this.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
From my experience, any old can of compressed air will do. You can get it at some local shops (I can get some from my local Walgreens for example), and most larger stores (ie: Walmart and such).

This is all I've used to clean out my electronics though, and it seems to work well.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
From my experience, any old can of compressed air will do. You can get it at some local shops (I can get some from my local Walgreens for example), and most larger stores (ie: Walmart and such).

This is all I've used to clean out my electronics though, and it seems to work well.

Okay, thanks Nathan Drake appreciate the help.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
take it outside with an extension cord, or put it on a window sill with the back facing outside.
then hold down the power or eject (i forget which) and switch the power on at the back.

it will beep and put the fan on full power for a while.
this is used by service centers.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
steve-p said:
take it outside with an extension cord, or put it on a window sill with the back facing outside.
then hold down the power or eject (i forget which) and switch the power on at the back.

I didn't know that one. Kinda cool to know.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
steve-p said:

That only works on pal 80gbs and slims, it also dosn't work on the launch 80gb us model either!

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Nathan Drake said:
steve-p said:

That only works on pal 80gbs and slims, it also dosn't work on the launch 80gb us model either!

Works on my NSTC 40GB model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2