Hacking Question Clean Switch - EmuNand and the safest way to play backups

ImFlux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. My Switch is currently on 7.0.0 and I've been waiting for SX OS to fully work on this version to buy one for me.
I'm looking for the "safest way" to be able to use SysNand (for online play with legit games) and EmuNand (100% offline using backups).
a) How should I proceed to leave the least traces possible? b) Is there a tutorial for EmuNand setup? c) Which kind of backups format should I be looking for? d) Should I update to 7.0.1 right away? e) Emunand should use one SD and SysNand another one? f) Can I bot with the jumper so I don't need to use AutoRMC?

Thanks and sorry for opening a new thread. I've far away from hacking scene since 3DS/Wii U and didn't found a tutorial for this specific case

Last edited by ImFlux,
Reactions: geoGolem

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Did you create a backup pre-cfw? Then you are good to go.
Use SysNAND as it is (assuming it is clean and CFW has not been used).
Other restore using Hekate. Backup everything from fuses to keys and emmc and boot0/1.
Install EmuNAND via SX OS bootloader then you get the option to enable/disable EmuNAND.
Enable and launch it. You can check for SX OS EmuNAND in homebrew menu below the version number.
Safest way possible is this. There is also 90DNS which can be used in AMS but still better safe than sorry.
and answers to the questions
a) Yes install Emunand. Don't boot up any kind of cfw on ofw. If you have backup and restore
b)Yes there is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-emunand-keep-sysnand-online.520471/ btw the clean sysNAND setup? Just do a Hekate Backup and Restore Pre-CFW. If you do not have a backup then follow the exact step of clean SysNAND.
c)You can use XCI format (takes more space and takes longer to load but does not need installation) or NSP format (Less space, more time to install, faster boot)
you can also install dlc and updates for nsp or xci regardless (there titleID has to be the same).
d)You can if you want then SX OS released there beta then create EmuNAND (or just create EmuNAND on 6.2.0) then update SysNAND to 7.0.1. *REQUIRED FOR ONLINE.
e)Its a personal choice. I've seen most people have 2 seperate SD cards but the Nintendo folder is seperated for EmuNAND called the Emutendo folder. I do not see a reason to use an extra SD card unless you want to install lots of things to both SysNAND (eshop) and EmuNAND (Any HB App,NSP etc). So getting 2 SD cards can be the better option.
f)I didnt quite understand but I think you mean boot with payload? Switch still needs RCM jig (or any other thing for shorting pins). So no coldboot methods yet.
AutoRCM enables us not to use the jig and press power and volume+ button everytime but it still requires a payload weather its from NS,TX etc or use a PC.

Reactions: geoGolem and ImFlux

ImFlux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you create a backup pre-cfw? Then you are good to go.
Use SysNAND as it is (assuming it is clean and CFW has not been used).
Other restore using Hekate. Backup everything from fuses to keys and emmc and boot0/1.
Install EmuNAND via SX OS bootloader then you get the option to enable/disable EmuNAND.
Enable and launch it. You can check for SX OS EmuNAND in homebrew menu below the version number.
Safest way possible is this. There is also 90DNS which can be used in AMS but still better safe than sorry.
and answers to the questions
a) Yes install Emunand. Don't boot up any kind of cfw on ofw. If you have backup and restore
b)Yes there is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-emunand-keep-sysnand-online.520471/ btw the clean sysNAND setup? Just do a Hekate Backup and Restore Pre-CFW. If you do not have a backup then follow the exact step of clean SysNAND.
c)You can use XCI format (takes more space and takes longer to load but does not need installation) or NSP format (Less space, more time to install, faster boot)
you can also install dlc and updates for nsp or xci regardless (there titleID has to be the same).
d)You can if you want then SX OS released there beta then create EmuNAND (or just create EmuNAND on 6.2.0) then update SysNAND to 7.0.1. *REQUIRED FOR ONLINE.
e)Its a personal choice. I've seen most people have 2 seperate SD cards but the Nintendo folder is seperated for EmuNAND called the Emutendo folder. I do not see a reason to use an extra SD card unless you want to install lots of things to both SysNAND (eshop) and EmuNAND (Any HB App,NSP etc). So getting 2 SD cards can be the better option.
f)I didnt quite understand but I think you mean boot with payload? Switch still needs RCM jig (or any other thing for shorting pins). So no coldboot methods yet.
AutoRCM enables us not to use the jig and press power and volume+ button everytime but it still requires a payload weather its from NS,TX etc or use a PC.

Hi shado. Thanks a lot for the help. My Switch never saw anything that Nintendo doesn't approve lol
So just skip to "CLEAN UP SYSNAND" or is there a prior step to backup the original NAND?
XCI and NSP have the same level of "safety"?
By the way, doing this process, do I lose my legit saves (that are probably on Nintendo Online Cloud too)?

Last edited by ImFlux,
Reactions: geoGolem

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the exact same boat as the OP, so I appreciate this thread and the response. I have had the SX Pro dongle for a while now, but haven't bothered to use it yet. Its still in its package.

I might give all this a try later this weekend. Look forward to hearing your results as well.

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi shado. Thanks a lot for the help. My Switch never saw anything that Nintendo doesn't approve lol
So just skip to "CLEAN UP SYSNAND" or is there a prior step to backup the original NAND?
XCI and NSP have the same level of "safety"?
By the way, doing this process, do I lose my legit saves (that are probably on Nintendo Online Cloud too)?
If you have a Backup of your Original SysNAND before any CFW activity then Restore it. If you do not have a backup follow this method.
XCI are basically cartridge dump using a specific cert.
NSP are downloadable/installable files. They insert a fake ticket into your system which nintendo can detect and ban. Thats why it is safe to create a backup.
BUT SINCE you want to install EmuNAND. Just use anything.
You can do anything to EmuNAND without getting banned USE MODS CHEATS GAMES INSTALL HACKS ANYTHING.
Just do not go online EmuNAND.
Also when you restore sysNAND to a pre-cfw state you can go online on SysNAND.
That is what I do.

Reactions: ImFlux

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I did was activate the sxos license without starting the cfw on sysnand then make the emunand and start cfw on there that is the more clean solution you can find for now , so far no bans (is useless if you want emunand for online use)

Reactions: ImFlux

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I m lucky i guess i restored my olds nand 4.1.0 i remember i did it asap that you could backup of your system but since that was so long ago i was unsure if it was clean or not but it was my best bet. so i restored it then offline updated with homebrew (I know i broke clean sys right there but alwell)

now to boot into the os i use the hetea payload to boot with stock so its stock while igore the fuse count and i ve manage to download youtube and pokemon quest. that's fine then i created a dummy Nintendo account and addrd a prepaid MasterCard and test brought a game and i manage that.

so now i m just going to play it cool and see how it last

Last edited by pcwizard7,

ImFlux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I did was activate the sxos license without starting the cfw on sysnand then make the emunand and start cfw on there that is the more clean solution you can find for now , so far no bans (is useless if you want emunand for online use)

FYI, did the same thing installing mine.
Used their website to get the license file, so my OFW is pretty much clear
Using CFW hidden on SD and different SDs for OFW/CFW
So far, so good

Reactions: Nezztor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: