Hacking Clean Slate

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a older Wii (non LU64) that has been updated to 4.1u. It has homebrew installed and has been partially soft modded. I say partially because my friend has tried to mod it but never got it to work with his USB HD so he passed it on to me.

Is there a way to completely wipe all installed IOS and patches that have been installed on this Wii so a fresh new softmod can be put on it?
Or
Is there a homebrew program out there that will show the versions and all patches that have been applied to this Wii?

If I could see what was on it and the versions I could update them but at this point I am a bit nervous of bricking the thing.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dabonez said:
Is there a way to completely wipe all installed IOS and patches that have been installed on this Wii so a fresh new softmod can be put on it?

If you wipe out all your installed IOS your Wii says "" ... well, nothing.

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are things that'll make all your Nintendo IOSes stock (and then also update the wii to 4.2).

As for just seeing what IOSes you have on there you could use DOP IOSv8 or DOP IOS Modv6 (if you don't have cIOS on for some reason) to see what version of all the IOSes you have.

It'd let you see if you have IOS222, 223, 249 (cIOS and what revision it was), and I guess 250 and 254 and stuff.

As for other things like the homebrew channel and bootmii and stuff, you just have to update those with the latest hackmii installer (assuming it's on the wii and not already updated).

Also I think he meant "wipe out all of the custiom IOSes"

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...sigh...

Just look if the truchabug is enabled, install cios, get wiiware custom channels dvdloaders and last but not least the USB loader. Nothing can go wrong!!!
Oh, and a look in the wiki if his HDD is supported, and if he has a WBFS partition!

I HELPED YOU, BUT THE NEXT TIME: ...SEARCH!!!

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
...sigh...

Just look if the truchabug is enabled, install cios, get wiiware custom channels dvdloaders and last but not least the USB loader. Nothing can go wrong!!!
Oh, and a look in the wiki if his HDD is supported, and if he has a WBFS partition!

I HELPED YOU, BUT THE NEXT TIME: ...SEARCH!!!

Sorry to bug you but what you posted didn't help me
wink.gif
Thanks for the effort though.

The HDD is supported but that is not the issue. It seems that the mod he tried to follow the Yafaze MEGA Soft-Mod Guide and it did not work. So he tried to fix it but never could.

I modded my wii ages ago and it was pretty simple process (even for a novice like me) but things have been updated a lot since then. There are tons of guides out there on how to mod your wii but most of them are for virgin wii's. I just do not want to install over anything that will cause his wii to brick.

PS Tried searching but didn't word it right I guess because I got nothing that seemed to help.

QUOTE(MagusDraco @ Oct 8 2009, 04:50 PM) There are things that'll make all your Nintendo IOSes stock (and then also update the wii to 4.2).

As for just seeing what IOSes you have on there you could use DOP IOSv8 or DOP IOS Modv6 (if you don't have cIOS on for some reason) to see what version of all the IOSes you have.

It'd let you see if you have IOS222, 223, 249 (cIOS and what revision it was), and I guess 250 and 254 and stuff.

As for other things like the homebrew channel and bootmii and stuff, you just have to update those with the latest hackmii installer (assuming it's on the wii and not already updated).

Also I think he meant "wipe out all of the custiom IOSes"

I went to the Homebrew channel installed in his system and it said that an update was out. When I tried to install it Hackmii said it said "no vunerable IOSes" and would not update.

I installed cIOS rev14 and had it use IOS249 to do a network installation. Then when I used DOP IOSv8 I was a bit nervous on what to update or install. I am afraid to install something in the wrong order and brick the wii.

Would it be ok to follow one of the other guides out there on how to softmod a 4.1 wii? Without restoring everything?

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could simply update to 4.2 and start from scratch ... remember, an official update kind of completely whipes your wii clean
wink.gif
(it updates all your IOSes to Nintendo standards)

I'd recommend using DOP IOS MOD, since at least you can't accidentally install a stub
wink.gif

Second, if you've installed cIOSrev14, you should be ok, don't worry about DOP IOS (it was merely suggested for you to use to check what IOSes you have installed
wink.gif
) and just continue with whatever you like to do...
I recommend using USB Loader GX. Worked straight out of the box
wink.gif

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arendo said:
You could simply update to 4.2 and start from scratch ... remember, an official update kind of completely whipes your wii clean
wink.gif
(it updates all your IOSes to Nintendo standards)

I'd recommend using DOP IOS MOD, since at least you can't accidentally install a stub
wink.gif

Second, if you've installed cIOSrev14, you should be ok, don't worry about DOP IOS (it was merely suggested for you to use to check what IOSes you have installed
wink.gif
) and just continue with whatever you like to do...
I recommend using USB Loader GX. Worked straight out of the box
wink.gif

OK I was not sure that updating via Nintendo would be ok or not. Did not know if it would be ok to do a 4.2 update and still be easy to mod.

I installed cIOSrev14 but Hackmii still will not update Homebrew. Something is messed up, I just do not want to install something and brick it because I didnt know better
wink.gif

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what Signcheck found out. Great app.

SignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"
IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS249 (ver 14) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS201 (ver 3094) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 65535) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS57 (ver 5661) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS50 (ver 65535) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS37 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS21 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS15 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS12 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS11 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagusDraco said:
dude...that's a lot of "highest version ever" IOSes.
Is that bad
wink.gif
No clue whats up with this thing, except is not working (modded that is)

Wonder if I should just update to 4.2? Would it be easier to just re-softmod it after 4.2 update?

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DopIOS to update....well at least put different version besides 65535. Going to try it and see if maybe I can use another method to mod it.

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using DopIOS to restore all the IOS's it could the wii rebooted to Bootmii and I can't get anything to load ;( No homebrew or wii. Just gives me the broken fonts saying the system is corrupted. The same error you get that can be fixed by reinstalling preloader. The problem is without homebrew I cant ;(

So the only thing to do is restore the NAND. The downside to this is the NAND was backed up before I got started with the system already partailly modded. So I am back to square 1.

I have read that allowing the Wii to upgrade to 4.2 will fix this and I have read it will not. Any ideas? I know DopIOS isnt the fix I hope for.

I have read about a cIOSCORP uninstaller but can only find "cIOSCORP v3 4 Uninstaller LU64" and this wii had 3.3 installed and its not LU64. Think it is ok or will it brick it?

dabonez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I restored the NAND I ran SignCheck again to see how the versions were of the IOS and I got this.
IOS249 (ver 4)
IOS61 (ver 4890)
IOS60 (ver 65535)
IOS55 (ver 65535)
IOS53 (ver 65535)
IOS50 (ver 65535)
IOS38 (ver 65535)
IOS37 (ver 65535)
IOS36 (ver 1042)
IOS35 (ver 1040)
IOS34 (ver 1039)
IOS33 (ver 1040)
IOS31 (ver 1040)
IOS30 (ver 1040)
IOS28 (ver 65535)
IOS22 (ver 65535)
IOS21 (ver 514)
IOS20 (ver 12)
IOS17 (ver 512)
IOS15 (ver 257)
IOS14 (ver 65535)
IOS13 (ver 10)
IOS12 (ver 6)
IOS11 (ver 10)

Not all them are as screwed up as before. Just need to find away to restore them so I can update via nintendo or totally remove this cIOSCORP crapp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=12&pp=8AUB