OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How's it going
tongue.gif

I've been away from the site for quite a while now, and have therefore gone from informed to becoming completely clueless about anything related to Wii hacking (obviously a lot of progress has been made).

After looking at the sticky topics I can't find anything that will answer my question in a basic manner, or otherwise I completely missed it somehow, and if that's the case I apologize in advance.

So at the risk of looking like a total noob, I'm asking for a bit of clarification with regards to WiiWare and VC games:

- My Wii was bought on launch day, and has a drive chip. I updated it to 4.0 through the normal/legit method, but still have an updated Homebrew Channel as it was already installed prior to updating. Can I install and play "backup" WiiWare/VC games that I've downloaded without any further modification?
- If not, are there any expected hacks I should be waiting for to do this with as little modification as possible?
- If not again, what modifications do I need to do to be able to play backup WiiWare/VC games (nothing else), again preferably keeping things as "virgin" as possible?
- Once any required softmods have been performed, I take it I just load up the latest version of WAD manager in the HBC and install the games I want?

Thanks
tongue.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
No mods are needed to run pirated WW/VC from internal NAND. If you however wish to be able to move WW/VC out to SD(HC) card and run them from there with the new SD menu, you have to patch ios60 to include the trucha bug. There should be a few guides for this lying around.

Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok, I just attempted to install a WiiWare game using WAD Manager 1.4 (loaded through the HBC) and I get a "-2011" error when trying to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8