City of Heroes

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Brandenevans86, Aug 8, 2010.

Aug 8, 2010

City of Heroes by Brandenevans86 at 2:37 AM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Brandenevans86
    OP

Newcomer Brandenevans86 Member

United States
    Does anyone still play City of Heroes or Villans?? and if so are you gonna buy the Going Rogue expansion?

2. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    How are these games? I remember played city of villains a long time ago very briefly. What is it like?

3. Brandenevans86
    OP

United States

I wouldn't say it's one of the best MMO's out there because it's far from it, but it does give you a different experience that you can't get from other games. That and if you're a superhero/comic fan like me, it brings out some of your fantasy superhero dreams, with limitations of course.
    That's one of my biggest gripes about the game and that's customization your limited too, sometimes you may feel like you have control over your character creation but then you realize your held down by power restrictions and locked to certain power sets when you might want something else. All in all though it's still a great game and with the new expansion coming out in two weeks it adds even more content to the aging MMO, worth a second look at least. lol

4. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Yeah I remember not playing for long. I played Halo 2 instead after a few minutes [​IMG] lol
    The graphics were mediocre too.

5. Brandenevans86
    OP

United States

Yeh graphics could be a little better, and who would pass up the opportunity to play Halo. [​IMG]

6. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I'd just play Champions Online.

So much better. I love that game. Plus my guy looks badass >_>
    I spent a nice chunk of time making him at launch. Haven't changed a damn thing since launch on his looks either, except dual sword skins.

7. Brandenevans86
    OP

United States

Oh i know!, i really wanna play Champions but my computer is so craptacular that I cant run it yet at full speed. Gonna take me at least 6 months to save up enough money to upgrade. Im still working off a basic 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 with a sorry Nvidia graphics card and a broken PCi express slot. lol. pretty bad lol.