Hacking CiTRUS development

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems strange that the mods haven't jumped all over this thread and are almost protecting it. Perhaps the OP has given the mods some sort hint or proof of concept.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems strange that the mods haven't jumped all over this thread and are almost protecting it. Perhaps the OP has given the mods some sort hint or proof of concept.
Perhaps. Maybe the mods can enlighten us?
How would I give the mods something I don't have?

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

How would I give the mods something I don't have?

raulpica already claimed he was moderating this thread, and I already alerted them.

I am quite surprised a moderator hasn't posted here stating s/he is watching this topic. I think I'll alert them, just in case.

Anyways, I hope this isn't a full-blown hack yet...It just feels wrong to invade something less than a year old...

:tpi:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do not understand the excitement, the page clearly suggests that this will be a new feature of CiTRUS. This means that:

1. It's not "Teh Uber Loader 4 Teh Romz!"
2. It's not a "Haxxor 2 Run Teh Unsignezed Codez!"
3. It's not a "Rom Dumpher 4 Teh Massez!"

It's likely another module for the ripping tool. No more, no less.

Reactions: 2 people

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not understand the excitement, the page clearly suggests that this will be a new feature of CiTRUS. This means that:

1. It's not "Teh Uber Loader 4 Teh Romz!"
2. It's not a "Haxxor 2 Run Teh Unsignezed Codez!"
3. It's not a "Rom Dumpher 4 Teh Massez!"

It's likely another module for the ripping tool. No more, no less.
The thing that gets me excited is that he "will revolutionize the scene"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure I can. It looks that it's a feature for dev-units (from what I've heard).

So:
  • No super awesome 3DS hax
  • No 3DS rom loading
  • No 3DS homebrews on your SD card
  • No 3D stuff on your 3DS or whatsoever
We need an exploit for that. And there's nothing in sight, for now.

I might be wrong though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

So:
  • No 3DS rom loading

Summary:
No 3DS mode shit!

MarianoReggiardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I guess I can use my reputation to say that it's NOT fake and it's NOT a hack so you can change the title of the thread and calm down..
It's still in the works and it has nothing to do with hacking the device's hardware or software it's just a future 3ds homebrew project ...
research about it at 3dbrew...

Let's try to understand what elisherer try to say

The screenshot said:

CFA Writer
CIA Write

CFA = Externalized ROM-FS. CXI data and ROMFS data can be separated into a list of external files instead of compiled into just 1 CXI image (Normally not used). Lib states this is similar to a CIA, a little like an archive of a CIA. Fortunately lib has some info on this format. CFA files are basically multiple packed CIAs. CFAs are used when the CCI file includes the child device distributed with download play.

CIA = (CTR Importable Archive) It is the application compiled into an archive, ready to be installed to a designated location. A .CIA file can be extracted to install applications to the, CTR NAND, TWL NAND (part of the NAND used by DSi applications), and the SD card.

I guess that CIA Write shold be some way to inject custom code to a cartridge. For example package a 3dsHBC into a ROM and let it install in the in the NAND.
So maybe finally elisherer is not talking a scene project per se, but he is talking about building the tools needed to let the scene grow.

Then is only time to TeamTweezer to build the HBC and some custom launcher to play 3ds roms.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

So:
  • No 3DS rom loading

thank you :-)

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting but why a cxi writor if no way to run them, unless it will only be for dev units, since from what I read on 3dbrew then can be run on dev units as a hello world, so maybe it wil "revolutionize" the scene by giving us the inner working of how code runs on the 3DS?

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Twiizers come up with an exploit, I highly doubt they will make a ROM loader... It goes against their policies, and Ninty is watching them. The first time pirate pops into their mind, Ninty will try to sue, even if it's Jack Sparrow.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Twiizers come up with an exploit, I highly doubt they will make a ROM loader... It goes against their policies, and Ninty is watching them. The first time pirate pops into their mind, Ninty will try to sue, even if it's Jack Sparrow.
Once they have a homebrew channel up, I'm pretty sure people will be making romloaders.

NipponRyan97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want is the ability to get homebrew on the 3DS which enhace the system's capabilities and a way to bypass region locking. I don't want roms. This probably won't happen though, so no KH3D for me for a while. :(

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want is the ability to get homebrew on the 3DS which enhace the system's capabilities and a way to bypass region locking. I don't want roms. This probably won't happen though, so no KH3D for me for a while. :(

Yep, region free > romloader.
So many awesome PAL/JPN 3DS games without a current NA release. D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.