Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

KnightBearGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, RAM is slightly significant, in that if (and I mean if) smea allows RAM pages to be executable in ninjhax 2.1, that can increase the performance significantly.

Also, I get pissed when people flock to devforms to complain about something that's damn near impossible atm. You want it working, do it yourself instead of yelling at people to do it for you.

To be fair, a lot of people using this don't exactly know the limitations or even why its so slow until they do come here. Cut 'em some slack.

All of you need to cool off.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, someone else has a GBA Emu and it seems very similar to CitraGB but it has no Sound and the Screen is on the bottom Screen. Tried it out last Night and I prefer Citra.

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By the way, someone else has a GBA Emu and it seems very similar to CitraGB but it has no Sound and the Screen is on the bottom Screen. Tried it out last Night and I prefer Citra.
AFAIK there is 3 GBA emulators for 3DS, CitrAGB, the Retroarch one and mGBA. You must be talking about mGBA.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the mgba emu has a habit of rondomly crashing no matter the game you play. While the speed is several games is better then on citragb, the sound is quit corrupted and the crashes. It is still in alpha1 though so who knows maybe in time they fix it.

ZHODY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so, Homebrew newb here. I originally only downloaded/did the Tubehax thing so I could edit my Animal Crossing town, but there were some default applications that were in the download and this (or possibly an altered/older/newer version of this) was included. It took me a while to find this while searching for the bios, so then I find this thread, which I hope is by the original maker, and I see a bios in the first post, I use it, only for it to say it's incorrect. And then I tried to play Pokémon Fire Red, which is what looks to be the game in the screenshot on the first post, but it only gave me a white screen.

So, long story short, how do I get this thing working with as basic words as possible.

(Ugh, I'm someone that loves keyboard shortcuts to death, but I'm actually clueless about coding stuff. It irks me.)

Last edited by ZHODY,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Alright, so, Homebrew newb here. I originally only downloaded/did the Tubehax thing so I could edit my Animal Crossing town, but there were some default applications that were in the download and this (or possibly an altered/older/newer version of this) was included. It took me a while to find this while searching for the bios, so then I find this thread, which I hope is by the original maker, and I see a bios in the first post, I use it, only for it to say it's incorrect. And then I tried to play Pokémon Fire Red, which is what looks to be the game in the screenshot on the first post, but it only gave me a white screen.

So, long story short, how do I get this thing working with as basic words as possible.

(Ugh, I'm someone that loves keyboard shortcuts to death, but I'm actually clueless about coding stuff. It urks me.)
Take a look at my guide where I wrote step by step how to find the original bios. You could also check out mGBA (Also in the guide) which is a new gba emulator that does not require a BIOS, supports save states and has great compatability and speed even in it's alpha release. You'll find anything you need on my guide. Hope it helps.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...n-one-noobs-guide-snes-gb-gbc-gba-nes.395961/

Shady1578

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and downloaded the thing but then it says that im am in need of a image of something but I don't know what it is??:(:nds:

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I went and downloaded the thing but then it says that im am in need of a image of something but I don't know what it is??:(:nds:
Take a look at my guide where I wrote step by step how to find the original bios. You could also check out mGBA (Also in the guide) which is a new gba emulator that does not require a BIOS, supports save states and has great compatability and speed even in it's alpha release. You'll find anything you need on my guide. Hope it helps.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...n-one-noobs-guide-snes-gb-gbc-gba-nes.395961/

Reactions: JJTapia19

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once mgba is developed further, it'll have features virtual console won't.

Unless Virtual Console developed fast forward/savestates/codebreaker when I wasn't looking.

Use Virtual Console if you need something RIGHT NOW, wait for mGBA otherwise. There's no point to anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff