Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Make sure you have game_config.txt in the root of the SD card. I think I had a link to that in the main post, let me double check though.

I followed the tutorial exactly as described.

Here's my layout:

SD:/3ds/CitrAGB/CitrAGB.3dsx
SD:/game_config.txt (the one provided in the OP)
SD:/gba_bios.bin (Tried both the open source one and a proper one)

Running 9.2.0-20E, if that helps. Maybe it could be my SD card? I doubt it is. It just freezes on a white screen and does nothing - I can exit with "X" though.

My SD card max read/write speed is about 88MB/s (Yeah - fast or what? Using the "professional" SD cards that are used in pro camera gear - bit over kill for the 3DS, as it can't even take advantage of such speeds -_-)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the tutorial exactly as described.

Here's my layout:

SD:/3ds/CitrAGB/CitrAGB.3dsx
SD:/game_config.txt (the one provided in the OP)
SD:/gba_bios.bin (Tried both the open source one and a proper one)

Running 9.2.0-20E, if that helps. Maybe it could be my SD card? I doubt it is. It just freezes on a white screen and does nothing - I can exit with "X" though.

My SD card max read/write speed is about 88MB/s (Yeah - fast or what? Using the "professional" SD cards that are used in pro camera gear - bit over kill for the 3DS, as it can't even take advantage of such speeds -_-)

Hm, that happens on Ruby if the save file type is incorrect. Is this a New 3DS? I've noticed that it seems to be that on mine it won't read game_config.txt for some reason, but it will on my old 3DS.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a few blackscreen lockups when starting CitrAGB, but trying enough times gets it working. Guessing it's libkhax related, and I'm planning to try the advice from one of the cfw threads (ntr I think) about waiting a few seconds before starting Cubic Ninja, because I'm probably normally hammering the A button like an impatient twat.

e: I'm using a new3ds, if it helps with testing, what's an easy way to tell if the game_config.txt is being loaded?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Hm, that happens on Ruby if the save file type is incorrect. Is this a New 3DS? I've noticed that it seems to be that on mine it won't read game_config.txt for some reason, but it will on my old 3DS.

Nope, I'm using an O3DS. I'll see if I can delete the save and reload it. Hang on...

Edit: Deleted the save. Still doesn't load.... Tried FireRed and not even that works...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a few blackscreen lockups when starting CitrAGB, but trying enough times gets it working. Guessing it's libkhax related, and I'm planning to try the advice from one of the cfw threads (ntr I think) about waiting a few seconds before starting Cubic Ninja, because I'm probably normally hammering the A button like an impatient twat.

e: I'm using a new3ds, if it helps with testing, what's an easy way to tell if the game_config.txt is being loaded?

For Fire Red, it shouldn't complain about the 1M circuit board being missing.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
For Fire Red, it shouldn't complain about the 1M circuit board being missing.

Strange. I tried loading the games with an older version of CitrAGB and they worked. The latest version just doesn't work for me.... I'll rename FireRed and see if it will still boot on the latest version...

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Nope. Still doesn't work. (Sorry for posting straight after my previous one. Had to make sure you got a notification :P)

Edit:

This is the sha1sum of my files (might help with debugging or whatever):

dd5945db9b930750cb39d00c84da8571feebf417 J:\PokemonFireRed.gba
5b64eacf892920518db4ec664e62a086dd5f5bc8 J:\PkmnRuby.gba
dcaafb93ea420f77155850f1039b5d30b7f5f643 J:\game_config.txt
300c20df6731a33952ded8c436f7f186d25d3492 J:\gba_bios.bin
3929c9dacd255916b2048dd72413b6b85855e906 J:\3ds\CitrAGB\CitrAGB.3dsx

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will wait till the .3ds or .cia comes out. Cant seem to use NinjHax anyway. Even on my O3DS. Dont want to chance it on my N3DS since it is a pain to get the WiFi On and Off. Unless there is a App on Google Play like the 3DS X-Loader that loads it, a lot of the Homebrew that is strictly .3dsx cant be used by a lot of ppl. Always getting lockups, and Update nags

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lost Vikings works perfectly B-) Which is nice as blargsnes won't run it yet.

Also fwiw I haven't yet had any more blackscreen freezes when starting CitrAGB, since I started waiting a few seconds before running Cubic Ninja. Try it if you're having that trouble.

Reactions: Idaho

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Very nice work. I have tried over ten games. Dr Mario & Puzzle League runs near perfect! :)

There are a some work left to make most games near perfect. But I'm very happy with the progress so far! :)

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for launching citragb fbi have libkhax integred or i do have to make and it work on sysnand pbt cfw?thanks and sorry for my noob question

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I had it blackscreen inconsistently a few times with latest ninjhax on 9.0 sysnand, but as I said it's consistently worked fine if I wait a few seconds before starting cubic ninja.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1