Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

toberkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I copied my user folder from version 9/15 to the 11/21 release and no more freezes....

But I have another question:

Im Running the Emulator on an SSD with:
- Intel Core i7 6700K
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
- 24 GB RAM (DDR3)

IM ONLY GETTING 30 FPS! WHY?
I've seen other users with crap computers getting 50 or 60 FPS constantly... Whats going on there?

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have copied my user folder, and it loads up exactly where it should be, but it freezes after a few seconds.

It also happens if i delete the save file and start fresh, it doesn't freeze during the intro or cutscene, but once it gets proper in game, it freezes.

I have tried all sorts of combinations, it will never freeze on the game intro (Press Start), or on the menu (Settings, Continue), once you get in game, it takes just a few seconds before it freezes.
what do you mean by freezing, does the fps go to like 1000 and it freezes and the music keeps playing really fast? i dont know what to tell you, just use a build that works for you, maybe you have older specs, idk

Vaskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what do you mean by freezing, does the fps go to like 1000 and it freezes and the music keeps playing really fast? i dont know what to tell you, just use a build that works for you, maybe you have older specs, idk

It does more or less that, the music continues playing after full speed (doesn't get faster though)

I have a i7 6700K and a 970, i highly.. highly doubt i don't have the specs needed.

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied my user folder from version 9/15 to the 11/21 release and no more freezes....

- Intel Core i7 6700K
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
- 24 GB RAM (DDR3)

I've seen other users with crap computers getting 50 or 60 FPS constantly... Whats going on there?
that makes no sense since i also have an i7 6700k, i dont have citra on ssd, just hhd, and only using integrated graphics right now and i get lots of fps, and citra isnt heavy on ram or drives, mostly on cpu and gpu if you dont have newst open gl or if your in full screen with scaled res on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does more or less that, the music continues playing after full speed (doesn't get faster though)

I have a i7 6700K and a 970, i highly.. highly doubt i don't have the specs needed.
ok what game are you trying to play?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only ^ way to push up the speed, depending on Cpu Processor Speed cadge, some have like 1 to 4MB cage.
mine can only go up to 3200Mhz pushed max
6JmTVBA.jpg

And even then it ant all that fast.

Vaskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Might be worth mentioning that, before it freezes, it plays ridiculously well, even with all the settings up including texture filtering.

I have Citra on my SSD, but the games are on a 2nd HDD, gonna test with the game on the ssd.

It wasn't an issue on previous versions though, the game works great on 24/10, but.. the FPS do drop after a while.

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only ^ way to push up the speed, depending on Cpu Processor Speed cadge, some have like 1 to 4MB cage.
mine can only go up to 3200Mhz pushed max
6JmTVBA.jpg

And even then it ant all that fast.
how do you push the cpu speed like that without going into the bios? i have 8mb cache

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone tell me how to do the no line hack on pokemon sun?

The one i'm using doesn't seem to work
put this

1041B748 0000F000
1041B74A 0000E320
D2000000 00000000

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

- Intel Core i7 6700K
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
- 24 GB RAM (DDR3)

- "On SSD" <--- Don't even makes sense, you're only getting a VERY LITTLE speedup on loading a ROM (not even enough to bother using it). Doesn't matter at all in-game performance wise
- What is the core clock ? ...
- GPU (when working as intended) is almost never the bottleneck, so this don't matter
- 24 GB RAM <--- 100% pointless, take a look at how much RAM the 3DS has https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS. I can run Citra even when using 100% physical memory (by using the virtual memory cache)
Your system is a bit of overkill, so the problem is:
A. Your Citra build
B. You, for making something wrong
And you've said your framerate, but not game, so...

Reactions: ileikoranges

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay.. What do I need to do to run the game on fullspeed with my gaming pc?
You can't make it fullscreen, but you can change the "Emulation/Configure/Graphics" to use another layout with a bigger screen and a little one.
Edit: Sorry, I misread it. But still: you can't, wait for future builds from the OFFICIAL team.

Last edited by LG_,

nikolai131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying for a couple of hours the 11/21 and the 11/20 version of Citra, but it always seems to freeze on Pokemon Moon for me after a few seconds, but on the 24/10 it works great (except the FPS drop after some time)

People seem quite happy with the 11/21 and 11/20 but it just doesn't work for me (freezes after a few seconds).

I have a similar problem and have zero idea what to do...
When in battle or menus game has way too many 1~2 second freezes. Never had this kind of problem with previous gdmk builds. Excluding the freezes, Sun/Moon run way better than before when Frame-limiter is on.

toberkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- "On SSD" <--- Don't even makes sense, you're only getting a VERY LITTLE speedup on loading a ROM (not even enough to bother using it). Doesn't matter at all in-game performance wise
- What is the core clock ? ...
- GPU (when working as intended) is almost never the bottleneck, so this don't matter
- 24 GB RAM <--- 100% pointless, take a look at how much RAM the 3DS has https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS. I can run Citra even when using 100% physical memory (by using the virtual memory cache)
Your system is a bit of overkill, so the problem is:
A. Your Citra build
B. You, for making something wrong
And you've said your framerate, but not game, so...

I'm sorry, My game is Pokemon Moon, noline patched.

I tried every citra build i found out there....

Base Clock (MHz) 1127

I haven't changed any option in the emulator

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry, My game is Pokemon Moon, noline patched.

I tried every citra build i found out there....

Base Clock (MHz) 1127

I haven't changed any option in the emulator
Wait a minute, this can't be your clock. If your real clock is even near that value, just forget about Citra forever (but I guess this is not the correct value)

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he ment that core clock is his gpu's, no way that is for any modern cpu

You'd be surprised. If he's playing it on an ultrabook with no active cooling, thermal throttling can be a MAJOR issue.

I can't find it, but there was an image of someone trying to game on a MacBook Air and it's CPU was 750mhz due to thermal throttling so it's entirely possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol