Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, alot of people say that current gen stuff cant run on 32-bit but Citra runs great on 32-bit. With the build that was uploaded not too long ago I get solid 60FPS in some games like Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai and some more. I dont see any problem with people at least trying to compile some open source emulators for 32-bit.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Not everyone will have a 64-bit system.
soon OS developers are going to stop 32 bit OS support.
and also dont sympathize with those who use 32 bit os. every home pc made in the past 10 years are based on the x86-64 instruction set, ie they are 64 bit systems.any cpu that is only a 32 bit cpu is not strong enough to run the emulator, and is outdated, and also legacy support is not fruitful. windows XP is no longer supported by MS, so why try to keep that OS in mind.if you have a special reason for keeping that old OS, then your reason is definately not for gaming. if your are using a 32bit version of a current OS, and your cpu is only 32bit and was released after 2006, then your system is an embedded system, and mini notebook( dont know why you would run a cpu intensive program on this, cause you definately not have 2.0 GHz+ of speed) or a mobile device(if it aint supposed to run a pc OS, then dont run it).otherwise you ignorantly installed a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit system, and dont expect support when you are not running the right OS.
tl:dr; upgrade your OS to 64 bit OS, or buy a 64bit system with good specs, then even if it is a 2006 model, you would have support.

Reactions: drwhojan

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
It would be nice if more people would try for those 32-bit users. Even if it is slow
I would personally like to see someone try to compile Xenia, Decaf or RPCS3 for 32-bit.
all these 3( ps3, xbox360 , wii u) uses custom cpus, even if they are 32bit(xbox360 is 64bit) . some of the instructions may need to use x86_64 instructions, because those instruction may be unique only to that system, and not found on the x86_32 instruction set.they all use the power arch, for the PPC, which cant be directly compared to the x86, even if they are similar.you know the gamecube and wii which use the same cpu family. dolphin dropped support for 32 bit os here , https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/05/19/obituary-32bit/ with very good reasons. even ishiiruka, the legacy build for dolphin for DX9 and depreciated features, dropped 32 bit support in july that year. 32 bit is a bad idea.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the build. Could you add the motion control pr, please? :)

Welcome, I'll look into merging it but it's getting hard to do this by github, some has to be manually by pc and notepad++ , and then re-upload it to the github
Was hell getting cheats,frame layouts,gamepad 1955 to marge well without errors upon compiling it
What dose the motion control do ?, if what i was thinking like a real 3ds I cannot see anyone walking about shaking laptop are PC in hand lol's

edit missing that branch... you mean -
motion sensor - https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1951

on the other hand still more intrested in how too get it compiled in Mingw -
Got it to 100% in codeblocks from made mingw files, then ran into 50 left over errors lol's that had nothink too much to do with the build it self.

but will give this a go tomoz - https://github.com/DaMan69/citra/commit/5ec1f26d2458c20d7ec3653ef34fef6f2ec1a826

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@EdwardElric "...Citra runs great on 32-bit. With the build that was uploaded not too long ago..." - so I understand you tested a 32 bit build on 32 bit PC - could you give me a link or, if it's an illegal build, some pointers as to where can I get it?

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@EdwardElric Oh, it didn't worked for me (something about EtwTraceMessage (missing I guess) in ntdll.dll - trying to download a new dll and swapping it with the old one doesn't repair it) so I assumed this one was broken/not working and you mean some other one. Well, if you know how to fix it any help is appreciated :)

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EdwardElric Oh, it didn't worked for me (something about EtwTraceMessage (missing I guess) in ntdll.dll - trying to download a new dll and swapping it with the old one doesn't repair it) so I assumed this one was broken/not working and you mean some other one. Well, if you know how to fix it any help is appreciated :)
When I downloaded it, it just ran as expected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ