Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
There are people on the net who record soundtracks from games by a real 3ds. Can citra play these music pieces instead of audio emulation. My idea is just a temporary solution until people are able to play 3ds game perfectly.
Well. If you try to dump the roms with Braindump(requires Homebrew 3DS on a real 3DS) and convert .bcstm to .mp3 OR use some music from Youtube and edit it, then you can. However, Citra cannot play music pieces. You can mute the audio.

rleo_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well. If you try to dump the roms with Braindump(requires Homebrew 3DS on a real 3DS) and convert .bcstm to .mp3 OR use some music from Youtube and edit it, then you can. However, Citra cannot play music pieces. You can mute the audio.

does nullifying the audio increase performance

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are people on the net who record soundtracks from games by a real 3ds. Can citra play these music pieces instead of audio emulation. My idea is just a temporary solution until people are able to play 3ds game perfectly.

I think this is out of my bounds, I hope someone can answer this for you.
To separate, would be a big issue, source code is not taken lightly.

I was upsetting too many behined the scenes, I will do no more until understanding the source code in a much better manner!

I'll leave it at this, it will be the end of me for now, I'll still replay, but no updates for modifications of me.

Cheers all if anyone supported it guys! :) , best to you all and support of all the Citra Team!.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just drop this here:
What you see is not always real.

say what... lol

Last edited by drwhojan,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
How are going to use this ? There will be a problem as we won't be able to run foobar and citra simultaneously. Also when the game reaches another place we'll have to go to foobar and change the soundtrack.
Ahh! I see what you mean.
The real answer is Video Editing. As wwylele stated,
Just drop this here:

What you see is not always real.
I did this often when I'm too lazy to use Audacity(just to change the tempo and sync it at the same time) or the emulator doesn't emulate sounds at all like Virtual Consoles and Pokemon X and Y.

Nakul

Trophies
XP
Country
India
From memory:
http://i.imgur.com/ZMrydpV.png
Use a max repel for the grass and water
Teach a pokemon surf.
Hack your badges up to 8. Surf across the red arrow. Trigger May/Brendan event. Go to Mauville and disable your pkHex'd badges and remove surf. There's probably an easier way.

Other than that route, quintuplets there's no other bug worth mentioning.
You sir Helped me a LOT

Earthfireblazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I found this Chinese build on the video below (links in description) and it gives me significantly better frame rates compared to other CRO builds I was using.
I thought the video was sped up, but was pleased to find actual speedups in game.
Don't trust the video, just try it for yourself.

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I found this Chinese build on the video below (links in description) and it gives me significantly better frame rates compared to other CRO builds I was using.
I thought the video was sped up, but was pleased to find actual speedups in game.
Don't trust the video, just try it for yourself.

Old build. Did you see the dates? 6/29. I'm still sticking with the 7/05 build with the batching fix. Best and fastest build by far (and I try them all).

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's okay. Anyways, did Tex Forwarding added to the Master Build or the Unofficial Builds? Try use that Hex Hacking of yours.

OK no problems.

I had this PM to me

It's also obvious you don't understand any of what you do. You don't even realize that the tex-forwarding branch was already merged which just shows how few you understand about programming and working with the source code.
As such you are unable to comply with the license = you can't release stuff.

Please learn; then come back in a year or something. Otherwise leave it to people who understand what they are doing.
Again: Thanks.

About tex-forwarding: It's mostly correct (we can't fix it further probably) and has even been explained in layman terms on the official homepage ( https://citra-emu.org/entry/texture-forwarding-brings-hd-output-to-citra ).
Tex-forwarding is also only used in hardware rendering. The software renderer is the only accurate renderer offered by Citra (and unfortunately it's currently somewhat less efficient and complete than the GL renderer).

So it's added to the Official Master build, maybe the chinese did not add it to frankens/sandy build, I can really see much differs on each side of the HD and non HD screens ?

I did Not make compile, Frankens build, I just edited the part that helps the GPU/CPU run faster, but can have heart-ing effect between each game, some work better some not.

I seems to now agree with that the github/citra team are saying, People help fix one things, you get pounded of people, thinking one can fix all issues....
Well they say it takes time to understand these things.

I can merge it, if only the chinese release the safe non error source code they had built up, it means no errors when compiling that is.

Last edited by drwhojan,

KeshavTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Found a non-sandy build that was released on 18/08/2016. It has given a boost in Pokemon ORAS's performance. I haven't tried booting X yet, will try it later. Hopefully, it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol