Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just here playing 3DSCraft. It's running pretty slow. This might be an old version though. I have a ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics Card with OpenGL 3.3.
hYzLC5o.png

Anyone notice how most emulators are targeted for first-party games and just NVIDIA and Intel Graphics Cards? Show some love for AMD too. :P

Reactions: AsPika2219

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Generally nvidia is the best.every single thing they put on their VGA boost up prformance. Even their entry level gpus are very good.also all Fermi and newer cards support ogl 4.5 and d3d11 and 12(when win 10 comes out)

Blobx1

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally nvidia is the best.every single thing they put on their VGA boost up prformance. Even their entry level gpus are very good.also all Fermi and newer cards support ogl 4.5 and d3d11 and 12(when win 10 comes out)
You can post your advertisement somewhere else.

Also I don't think It's a good idea to discuss the hardware requirments for the emulator. It's far away from being complete but It's also a huge step forward for a working 3ds emulator. I check the repo around once a week as I'm often curious how an emulator is written(I'm a developer myself). Lioncash does a great job completing and fixing the skyeye arm emulator. And the rest of the team is also doing a great work and It's freely available.

But actually you need also to consider that all system calls are actually written in c++ so those don't have to be emulated. As seen in the hardware rendering fork of citra It gained a huge speed boost. In backend you can analyze yourself how much processing is spent on emulating. Maybe Vulcan can put another good influence here who knows.

What I actually wonder is... could It be possible to use citra as some kind of framework and recompile application into your target platform(llvm can do this) with linking external functions properly to the framework. That's just a small thought so far I found no barriers by doing this but there could be some I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.