Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, gotcha, only problem is, I'm not uh, well, up to date, no $$ to upgrade, heh. But I can't imagining Citra having exorbitant requirements.

I'd imagine that the first release builds of Citra would be pretty unoptimized (compared to after a year or two of refinements) so having stronger hardware would be a benefit.

Reactions: Margen67

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is going to be a good reason to get anything more than an intel 4670k cpu until full speed ps3 emulation becomes a thing. Anything between that and a $1000 cpu is probably not worth it until then.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but Cubic Ninja is able to boot this far, plus the next loading screen after before eventually crashing. I don't know when this happened, I haven't tested Cubic Ninja for a while.
NC6XqBS.png

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
What about this?
SdGefx5.png

I really don't know what happened here, I booted up Cubic Ninja with my latest build then left to go eat. When I came back, this is what I saw. I took the screenshot and cropped it, and when I came back Citra had froze up. I restarted the game, and this time, I got "Segmentation fault: 11" like I did before. I'll try to get the game running again, and if I do, I'll see how far into it I can go!

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about this?
SdGefx5.png

I really don't know what happened here, I booted up Cubic Ninja with my latest build then left to go eat. When I came back, this is what I saw. I took the screenshot and cropped it, and when I came back Citra had froze up. I restarted the game, and this time, I got "Segmentation fault: 11" like I did before. I'll try to get the game running again, and if I do, I'll see how far into it I can go!

What OS is that? Mac with some theme or GNU/Linux?

LuigiBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about this?
SdGefx5.png

How do you put Citra files into a exe?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
What OS is that? Mac with some theme or GNU/Linux?

Can't see it mattering too much, but it's Mac OS X 10.10.2, no theme. Sometimes I wish it wasn't Mac though; after seeing the hardware I could've got with the money I used to buy this overpriced thing, I almost died. For now, I'm stuck with this crappy Intel integrated GPU and a now outdated processor. Oops, I kinda got off-topic, didn't I. :P

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see it mattering too much, but it's Mac OS X 10.10.2, no theme. Sometimes I wish it wasn't Mac though; after seeing the hardware I could've got with the money I used to buy this overpriced thing, I almost died. For now, I'm stuck with this crappy Intel integrated GPU and a now outdated processor. Oops, I kinda got off-topic, didn't I. :P

I was just curious. I like the 'simplistic' design of your DE windows. I may remake it for my GNU/Linux box. I have mine set like this.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I set my refresh rate back to default, as I had it at 10, and that allowed the game to not crash. That, or it was coincidence. The game seems fully working aside from the white lines that plague anything rendered in 3D. Eventually it froze again. It usually freezes when I click out of the Citra window, click on the terminal window and then the Citra one right after. I clicked on the wrong window... :D One time it actually unfroze after a while in OoT, but I didn't wait as I saw enough evidence that the game worked.
ZRvyfQV.png

VMj54X8.png

t13ngYG.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated