Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
I tried reading through the thread a bit but there is a lot of Pokemon discussion that I couldn't find a clear answer for my question. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm just gonna leave it here in case somebody feels kind enough to answer it one more time. Are there any games that are currently fully playable on a Citra build?

Thanks!
Rune Factory 4.

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh god i really want to play this game;)
The Master build, as well as Leo121's builds, are already capable of running both Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission and Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2. To what extant, I'm not sure, but I know you can get in game and play the first few levels at least. You might be able to finish the game, or you might not. I have not tested it all the way to the end. It runs too slow on my machine right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried reading through the thread a bit but there is a lot of Pokemon discussion that I couldn't find a clear answer for my question. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm just gonna leave it here in case somebody feels kind enough to answer it one more time. Are there any games that are currently fully playable on a Citra build?

Thanks!

Try looking at this site.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OuFvvTp_vW7ibatBAAbwwXo-g/edit#gid=1611272375
It's not always up to date, and sometimes includes custom builds, but it may give you a better idea what is playable and what is not.
As far as I know Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D "SHOULD" be. I've never heard of anyone having problems with it. Sonic Generations might be too.
Best thing to do, is try them your self. Maybe you might find one that's fully playable that no one else knows about yet.

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
There is no fullscreen, only layouts (as far as I know from my tests). For fullscreen recording you first run the game, run fraps (press F12 to see the framerate inside the window of the game for confirmation). Then just press F9 do record, the final video would be like a fullscreen (the best results are with "Top Only" layout).
I know about fraps but afrer his recording you must compress the video use some codec than bandicam and shadow play already compress the video.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
The Master build, as well as Leo121's builds, are already capable of running both Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission and Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2. To what extant, I'm not sure, but I know you can get in game and play the first few levels at least. You might be able to finish the game, or you might not. I have not tested it all the way to the end. It runs too slow on my machine right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try looking at this site.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OuFvvTp_vW7ibatBAAbwwXo-g/edit#gid=1611272375
It's not always up to date, and sometimes includes custom builds, but it may give you a better idea what is playable and what is not.
As far as I know Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D "SHOULD" be. I've never heard of anyone having problems with it. Sonic Generations might be too.
Best thing to do, is try them your self. Maybe you might find one that's fully playable that no one else knows about yet.
yea. i already have this game and i played first few levels and after that i love this game^_^ (Ultimate Mission 2 is way better because it has more characters,transformations and even having the avatar transformations to SSJ3)

likea24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i'm very new to citra, can anyone tell me how to get super mario 3d land to the save file screen? I pressed all the buttons but doesn't go to the save file screen. PLZ HELP

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone tried to load/play Hyrule Warriors Legends? My decrypt version doesn't boot with citra - windows gave me the normal error and shutdown the program. "A error has occured"..
It were really nice if is were bootable or semi-playable (shit for fps), but it would make a lot things easier with my saveEditor to test the functions...an not transfer anytime via ftp my saves and import them :D

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone tried to load/play Hyrule Warriors Legends? My decrypt version doesn't boot with citra - windows gave me the normal error and shutdown the program. "A error has occured"..
It were really nice if is were bootable or semi-playable (shit for fps), but it would make a lot things easier with my saveEditor to test the functions...an not transfer anytime via ftp my saves and import them :D
Hyrule Warriors used to be booted in Citra. But on the recent custom build, nothing.
But the other version(Geometry Shader), it boot only in the Title Screen and Main Menu similarly to Attack on Titan.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
How does the future look for Citra? Will full compatibility at 1080p@60 + online multiplayer ever be realistic?
Hope so. Since Texture Forwarding break the limits of a regular 3DS, I think 1080p + 60FPS is possible. But online support, let's wait till Citra try to verify NetPlay(alternate server where most people use it for Smash Bros Melee and Project M Online Battle).

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Anyone following the git repository ? how close are they to correctly implementing or renewing CROs ? and did they finish with audio ?
Last time the CRO branch was updated was in January. The only people who can answer your question are the devs. If you want, you can ask them on IRC or at their forums but I think it's going to be rewritten. As for audio, it might come sooner since commits from that branch are being merged with the master branch.

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Subv will rewrite CRO but currently has no interest in doing so.
Merry has open PRs which will implement (= finish, to some degree) audio (use google and the github search.. how lazy are some of you? )
I also have some geometry shader features as PRs but it will still take some weeks because review is slower than expected.

Also have some common sense..
Of course 1080p, 60Hz and network play will be possible someday. However, don't expect it anytime soon.
Why would you think that we just stop at some point?

And before anybody complains about the development speed: Citra is a community effort. I can't say that often enough.
If you can code or you are able to do anything you should try to help. However, that is going to waste if you are only going to complain and ask here.
Instead try to get in touch with the core developers on IRC or their forums and try to coordinate your work.
- There are so many bug and regression reports in this thread which could have prevented merge disasters or helped fix bugs that it was reason enough for me to register; just so I can get back in touch (which I wouldn't have to do if you used the offical channels for good bug reports).

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subv will rewrite CRO but currently has no interest in doing so.

- There are so many bug and regression reports in this thread which could have prevented merge disasters or helped fix bugs that it was reason enough for me to register; just so I can get back in touch (which I wouldn't have to do if you used the offical channels for good bug reports).
Totally understand although most bugs often reported here are just from custom builds and if it is about the regression of hyrule warriors noted on the other page yeah that is already reported to github a year ago regarding the heap address to the GPU. For master build i try and create an issue if the log and info is helpful enough to come down to a solution

Though really to get constantly the same questions i'd imagine how annoying it is. 32x support, pokemon won't boot, ect. Surprised how people don't understand the emulator is still in development. I've been here since the emulator only booted homebrew a while back and to see it come this far is absolutely incredible!

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Hyrule Warriors used to be booted in Citra. But on the recent custom build, nothing.
But the other version(Geometry Shader), it boot only in the Title Screen and Main Menu similarly to Attack on Titan.
Okay, so normally it will boot, but maybe nothing more. dammit.
I always take the normal builds, maybe I should compile citra myself ^^.
But thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys