Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Namajnin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions to install this with ModMii. I got to the point where you install the Wads using Multi Mod Manager, but I get an error on four of them, the error is (ret = -1035).

Any help would be appreciated.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Previous installers confounded me a bit, but I used installer 3.1 to install to 249, and things work fine now.
Where Kirby's Return to Dreamland didn't work before, it does now.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Will certain N64 wads (ex. Majora's Mask) work if I install cIOS d2x-v6 on slot 249 as base 38?

This is my current d2x-v6 setup:

IOS247[37] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Will certain N64 wads (ex. Majora's Mask) work if I install cIOS d2x-v6 on slot 249 as base 38?

This is my current d2x-v6 setup:

IOS247[37] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
I don't know, but you should still update 249 to d2x v6 base 38.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why base 38 and not 56?

I followed the instructions to install this with ModMii. I got to the point where you install the Wads using Multi Mod Manager, but I get an error on four of them, the error is (ret = -1035).

Make sure to install\load IOS236 prior to installing those cIOSs\WADs.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Why base 38 and not 56?

Make sure to install\load IOS236 prior to installing those cIOSs\WADs.
Because he has mauifrog's setup. Apps are set to load 248, and you keep 249 for apps that only use 249 (legacy apps) and require the extra patches that go along with it.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a v7 of this cIOS on the wiiflow wiki. [link edited out]
Whats up with that? What is new? Should I use that one? Why isn't it in this thread?

So many questions. :D

bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi

I have juste one question (like, i think, many people here)
When will d2x cios be updated to be more compatible with new usb2/usb3 drives ???
Or it will never be? :)

Thanks a lot for all the dev you are all doing on this cios

ZacRussie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, quick question. I used IOS236 for install, d2x v6, 56 on 249 and then 57 on 250. I've been playing Kirby Return to Dreamland and it runs fine most of the time, but it will randomly freeze when going to a new map or trying to load a challenge. Any idea why this is happening? I'm using 249, and if its a spindown issue I usually used 222-mload to fix it(like with Monster Hunter 3). If this is the case, how can I apply d2x to 222-mload and still allow it to use its spindown fix via constantly sending data to the external hard drive?

EDIT: Also, thanks to all the devs and programmers for being awesome!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, quick question. I used IOS236 for install, d2x v6, 56 on 249 and then 57 on 250. I've been playing Kirby Return to Dreamland and it runs fine most of the time, but it will randomly freeze when going to a new map or trying to load a challenge. Any idea why this is happening? I'm using 249, and if its a spindown issue I usually used 222-mload to fix it(like with Monster Hunter 3). If this is the case, how can I apply d2x to 222-mload and still allow it to use its spindown fix via constantly sending data to the external hard drive?

EDIT: Also, thanks to all the devs and programmers for being awesome!
I don't think you can.Waninkoko was the original creator of 249/250 then davebol and other dev's improved upon it while hermes is the creator of 202,222/223/224 which Rodries improved upon it. You could try using a differ cIOS from hermes if you think this might solve your issue; there are plenty available through modmii ranging from official v4-v5.1 to rodries 5.1mod.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Slowking
you'd better edit your post and remove that link since I've never released d2x v7beta sources.
It means that link is breaking GPL rules and this is not tolerated on gbatemp.
Be patient, I'll release it officialy sooner or later :)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed the ciosx d2x yesterday (because of the new Kirby). So I tried to get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work, to see if it was indeed like this:
Also, other less problematic games like Metroid Prime Trilogy are now fully playable without any restrictions.
Well, not in my situation. The 3rd game still hangs on the loading screen.

I tried to look everywhere for a solution but I can't get it to work on both cfg loader and usb loader gx.

How can I get Corruption to work???

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed the ciosx d2x yesterday (because of the new Kirby). So I tried to get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work, to see if it was indeed like this:
Also, other less problematic games like Metroid Prime Trilogy are now fully playable without any restrictions.
Well, not in my situation. The 3rd game still hangs on the loading screen.

I tried to look everywhere for a solution but I can't get it to work on both cfg loader and usb loader gx.

How can I get Corruption to work???
Buy the game and rip it. Pirated copies are supposedly bad. I doubt you can get the actual game now, since a used copy is more expensive than a new one was, but Corruption alone is pretty cheap.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, thanks for the advice and that. But I still would like to know if there is a solution as I read that many people do get it working.

BUT HOW???
Are you using the LoCAL release? Pretty sure that works fine for all 3 games for me, on cIOSX 7beta r417Wiiflow.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks for the advice and that. But I still would like to know if there is a solution as I read that many people do get it working.

BUT HOW???
i know there's a bad dump of the game floating around on the web....i got my first one from the same crap source you did..... the one i have now plays fine on the same setup that wouldn't play the first one....

...the solutions you read: are you sure those solutions weren't for playing from disc? ...there was an issue some time ago involving playing DL disc games under one of the earlier cIOS versions (v14 IIRC) and the CORP version that drew from that.... just a thouht. ...but i'm positive your issue right now is a bad source.

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have a problem. I got the usb loader installed as a channel and the new kirby game was not loading so I tried to update to ciosx rev21d2x but the update failed. Now i cant acces the usb loader anymore via the channel, i have to launch it through the hombrew channel.

anyone knows a solution to this problem?

thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...