Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Muyfa666 said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy PAL works flawless with blocking set to auto. Lovely. One question: if I want to create a ciosx for lot 245, which base would be best to use?

Whichever base you don't already have installed and need.

eg. I have:

slot 245 - rev20b base 57 for black ops
slot 246 - rev21 base 58
slot 247 - rev21 base 37
slot 248 - rev21 base 38
slot 249 - rev21 base 56
slot 250 - rev21 base 57

rev21=d2x ver 3. I will be updating to v6 final soon. But in essence, you install what you like.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
waninkoko said:
It's really nice to see how some coders have been able to fix rev21 final issues and even develop complex and hard solutions for some problems!

Since now I have more free time, I want to tell davebaol that, if he wants, he can count with my help if he needs something, even new code. I want to give official support to this cIOS.

Glad and caught at once.
Good luck to all.
grog.gif

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
D2x cIOS Installer v1.3

This is the official D2x cIOS Installer created by Dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team.
This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to the ModMii method to install the D2x cIOSs.
It's especially helpful for people without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii.

d2xciosinstaller.png

Features
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003), v4 (rev21004), v5 (rev21005), v6 (rev21006).
  • IOS bases supported: IOS37 v5662, v4123 IOS38, IOS53 v5662, v5662 IOS55, IOS56 v5661, v5918 IOS57, IOS58 v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot.
  • Ability to perform online and offline installations.
  • Support for Classic Controller, Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.
For the next release Dragbe plans to improve the interface a bit (not a priority for the moment). He is already working on D2x cIOS Installer v2.0
happy.gif

Changelog
Installer v1.3:
- Replacement of cIOS d2x v6 beta1 by cIOS d2x v6 final.
- Added support of Korean Common Key on cIOS d2x v6 for all bases (except IOS38) (Thx Damysteryman
happy.gif
)
- Extended support of Korean Common Key to previous version of d2x cIOS (v3 v4 & v5).

Installer v1.2:
- Added D2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1.
- Implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)

Installer v1.1:
- Replacement of cIOS v4 beta4 by cIOS v4 final.
- Small corrections

Installer v1.0:
- Initial release

D2x cIOS Installer v1.3

Source Code v1.3

Dragbe's release page

Enjoy everybody !!!
yaywii.gif

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that Amazing Race is in the known issues list now. I'm able to play from usb (d2x6, usb loader gx 1087) this no problems and I thought some others had posted that they had as well. The one caveat is that I do have a modchip installed. Is that the difference? Did the other person that reported it working have a modchip also or is there still some question about this one?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@doncaruana
Good, so it's not a cIOS issue.
Maybe just a bad dump or some kind of loader detection (for example We Dare detects a certain asm pattern in the apploader).

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following the thread religiously so I have a question. Well two actually. Does the block ios reload option work with patched games? If not, is it easy or at least possible to unpatch it?

My second question, I'm not even sure if it is a cios issue. I've got a Seagate FreeAgent Goflex drive which can be upgraded to usb 3.0 with a proprietary cable. With the 3.0 cable plugged in CFG fails to mount the drive every time. If I recall correctly HBC did read it once or twice (This was months ago, I should probably try again). HBC is running on IOS58, CFG 249 (d2xv2 base 56). Can something be done cios wise to make the drive mount when the 3.0 cable is used? Or is it something else entirely?

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yaywii.gif
Simply awesome - no issues at all here. Thanks for all your hard work and patience davebaol. May the force be with you and good luck your future projects.
grog.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DGenerateKane said:
I haven't been following the thread religiously so I have a question. Well two actually. Does the block ios reload option work with patched games? If not, is it easy or at least possible to unpatch it?
[...]

If you mean IOS Version patched games, then they should work. But you might get 002 errors with those, if that that happens, get to know which IOS the game should be wanting and patch it to want it.

alwyzstyln

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using d2x cIOS Installer v1.3 and installed cios base 56 on cios slot 249 but when i tried to install base 57 on cios slot 250 it gets stuck on getting cetk file ..... any help would be appreciated.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
alwyzstyln said:
im using d2x cIOS Installer v1.3 and installed cios base 56 on cios slot 249 but when i tried to install base 57 on cios slot 250 it gets stuck on getting cetk file ..... any help would be appreciated.
sounds like an internet connection issue. Just try a 2nd time, if it fails again, try resetting your router

alwyzstyln

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on the same internet connection right now.... the connection is fine.... ive tried 3 times already and it gets stuck on the same spot every time

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
alwyzstyln said:
I have had a similar problem with installer v1.3... I installed cios base 57 in slot 247 with no problems at all... then I tried to install cios base 56 in slot 246 ... error checking file tmd.5661 (which was already in the SD)... trying again some more 3-4 times... at the end I have been able to install it....

folders "0000000100000038v5661" and "0000000100000039v5918" were already present in sd:/nus/ (I used the installer v1.1) , but 1.3 downloaded again the IOS...

I hope this may be helpful to dragbe for the next version of the installer...

EDIT

By the way, I use the installer loading IOS236 as current IOS

TheLiNkMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Install waninkoko's cIOS rev17/19 and try again, it works for me.
Same issue exist in Hermes' cIOS installer.

- Edit -

Or simply use Modmii & MMM, it's faster and easier
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't the cIOS installer allow you to select an IOS to use during the installation? Using the cIOS to install the cIOS is stupid. There are no issues when overwriting the currently used IOS, the problem is that the cIOS is crap for ES stuff, IOS236 is way better for it.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
Doesn't the cIOS installer allow you to select an IOS to use during the installation? Using the cIOS to install the cIOS is stupid. There are no issues when overwriting the currently used IOS, the problem is that the cIOS is crap for ES stuff, IOS236 is way better for it.
+1 IOS236 is recommended because it works well !
The decryption method will normally change in v2.0 and these errors will not occur anymore
closedeyes.gif

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
alwyzstyln said:
Just updated to d2x(v6) today using v1.3 installer - no problems.
Ios reloaded to 236 at start. Base ios was 57. Target slot 249 occupied by Waninkoko v19 (base 57 too).
It was network install - no 'nus' directory on sd/usb.

Btw, new cfg usb loader was released today and looks great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.