Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

galen2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason to keep Hermes cIOS now it´s karaoke or intrument games.

davebaol perpahs you could find time to improve this on d2x, fixing lag issues and adding "plug and play" support.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
Supercool330 said:
Huh, you are correct, I didn't even look at it (just saw the name and that it was posted by the same person as posted version 1.1). In that case the latest version is still 1.1, and still it would be nice to update the link on the front page. If I have some time this afternoon I will compile an updated version of the installer for v5 and v6b1
Ho do you read the thread ? v1.2 is already in test and we work on v2.0 !
People can't wait or use Modmii ?
unsure.gif

Here is a link for v1.1 + valid sources : http://www.mediafire.com/?8xuwahrrji1m7j9

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
NutNut said:
Supercool330 said:
Huh, you are correct, I didn't even look at it (just saw the name and that it was posted by the same person as posted version 1.1). In that case the latest version is still 1.1, and still it would be nice to update the link on the front page. If I have some time this afternoon I will compile an updated version of the installer for v5 and v6b1
Ho do you read the thread ? v1.2 is already in test and we work on v2.0 !
People can't wait or use Modmii ?
unsure.gif

Here is a link for v1.1 + valid sources : http://www.mediafire.com/?8xuwahrrji1m7j9

why do you put your source ?

google your know ?

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
D2x cIOS Installer v1.2

This is the official D2x cIOS Installer created by Dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team.
This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to the ModMii method to install the D2x cIOSs.
It's especially helpful for people without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii.

d2xciosinstaller.png

Features
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003), v4 (rev21004), v5 (rev21005), v6 beta1 (rev21006).
  • IOS bases supported: IOS37 v5662, v4123 IOS38, IOS53 v5662, v5662 IOS55, IOS56 v5661, v5918 IOS57, IOS58 v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot.
  • Ability to perform online and offline installations.
  • Support for Classic Controller, Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.
For the next release Dragbe plans to improve the interface a bit (not a priority for the moment). He is already working on D2x cIOS Installer v2.0
happy.gif

Changelog
Installer v1.2:
- Added D2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1.
- Implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)

Installer v1.1:
- Replacement of cIOS v4 beta4 by cIOS v4 final.
- Small corrections

Installer v1.0:
- Initial release

D2x cIOS Installer v1.2

Source Code v1.2

Dragbe's release page

Enjoy everybody !!!
yaywii.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NutNut said:
D2x cIOS Installer v1.2

This is the official D2x cIOS Installer created by Dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team.
This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to the ModMii method to install the D2x cIOSs.
It's especially helpful for people without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii.

d2xciosinstaller.png

Features
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003), v4 (rev21004), v5 (rev21005), v6 beta1 (rev21006).
  • IOS bases supported: IOS37 v5662, v4123 IOS38, IOS53 v5662, v5662 IOS55, IOS56 v5661, v5918 IOS57, IOS58 v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot.
  • Ability to perform online and offline installations.
  • Support for Classic Controller, Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.
For the next release Dragbe plans to improve the interface a bit (not a priority for the moment). He is already working on D2x cIOS Installer v2.0
happy.gif

Changelog
Installer v1.2:
- Added D2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1.
- Implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)

Installer v1.1:
- Replacement of cIOS v4 beta4 by cIOS v4 final.
- Small corrections

Installer v1.0:
- Initial release

D2x cIOS Installer v1.2

Source Code v1.2

Dragbe's release page

Enjoy everybody !!!
yaywii.gif

is there anyway to create a forwarder channel so that we wouldn't have to install a new version of the cIOS Installer every time it's updated? thanks

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
davebaol said:
@damysteryman
I've looked into ios code and actually those patches are for the IOP module which is in the kernel .app file along with ES and FFS modules.

Anyways, here is a new ESP module which applies those patches to IOP: http://www.multiupload.com/3L23RGFBFG

It should work for bases 37, 53, 55, 56, 57 and 58.

Just replace the old module in d2x v6beta1.

EDIT:
Forgot to say thanks
biggrin.gif

EDIT 2:
Module link replaced with a new one that supports more bases.
OK, I just tested this modified ES.app inside cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6-beta1 with both NeoGamma R9 beta 49 and CFG USB Loader 69b1, and.... did not work. Korean games still fail, and make the Wii hang...

...is there any way to actually check if the patches are being applied correctly (Such as a USB Gecko debug output or something)?

jcsaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use the D2X installer (D2X v5), but keep getting this error:

Current IOS: 236 v65535

ES_Decrypt returned-1017

hash BAD

What cIOS base and slot should I be using?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jcsaxx said:

ES_Decrypt returned-1017

hash BAD

Just got same thing, Use a cIOS instead of 236, 236 failed for me while 249 did not

Just wanted to try the installer out, and i think ill be sticking to Modmii, it works better IMO. But the installer is good too just prefference i guess

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
jcsaxx said:

ES_Decrypt returned-1017

hash BAD

Just got same thing, Use a cIOS instead of 236, 236 failed for me while 249 did not

Just wanted to try the installer out, and i think ill be sticking to Modmii, it works better IMO. But the installer is good too just prefference i guess

I thought the installer was utilizing AHBPROT (or am I just imagining that?). If so, you shouldn't need to select an IOS at all, since an IOS reload would kill AHBPROT...
unsure.gif

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
bnm81002 said:
is there anyway to create a forwarder channel so that we wouldn't have to install a new version of the cIOS Installer every time it's updated? thanks
unsure.gif
Your request is not a forwarder channel... In v2.0 you will be able to update to new cIOS without changing the installer
happy.gif

Skater4599 said:
jcsaxx said:

ES_Decrypt returned-1017

hash BAD

What cIOS base and slot should I be using?Just got same thing, Use a cIOS instead of 236, 236 failed for me while 249 did not
This is strange, I tested with my 236 and It works for every bases. Which base did you choose ? Is your IOS236 made by IOS236 Installer v5 ?

QUOTE(qwertymodo @ Jun 5 2011, 08:36 AM)
I thought the installer was utilizing AHBPROT (or am I just imagining that?). If so, you shouldn't need to select an IOS at all, since an IOS reload would kill AHBPROT...
unsure.gif
No, Installer is not using AHBPROT even if I told Dragbe to do it because he considers it too buggy for people without internet connexion. I will try again if you want to
happy.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
NutNut said:
No, Installer is not using AHBPROT even if I told Dragbe to do it because he considers it too buggy for people without internet connexion. I will try again if you want to
happy.gif
AHBPROT is really buggy without an internet connection... cosider as example that IOS236 installer v5 always gives errors with no internet connection, unless you are faster than light... IOS236 installer v5 mod works since it asks nothing and install the IOS236 suddenly before reaching the internet connection error...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jcsaxx said:

ES_Decrypt returned-1017

hash BAD

If you really use IOS236, this is a really strange bug, you should get this error if you use something else.

@Dragbe:
Didn't i tell you how to fix this? Using the IOS to decrypt stuff only works on with certain IOS bases.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know if somebody wrote it already, but We Dare (PAL) is working on d2x v6 beta 1 with IOS block reload on cfg Loader v69b1 started from USB with FAT partition.
Great work and thanks again to the whole team!

Btw: Installed d2x v6 beta with d2x installer 1.2 using IOS236 (236 installer v5) and it worked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....