Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for V4 it looks great!

One question, Until WiiFlow gets updated/fixed up for this cIOS am i still safe to use the EHCI module from v3 when building v4 or will cause any negative side effects?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiBricker said:
Will there be an update to the d2x cIOS Installer that supports v4 final? Most probably, I know dragbe intends on keeping the installer up to date with the cIOS
Noobs cannot use IOS modules with source without installer.
Ummm, yes they can, you can use the ModMii Installation method instead of the cIOS Installer

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak and davebaol are you around on any irc channel? Not i have something in particular to talk about, just asking.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't know about davebaol, but I'm never on irc unless I am looking to speak with someone I can't reach any other way. But if you (or anyone) has something important to discuss, you can pm me (or email [email protected]) with instructions to logon to your fav irc channel and I'll try to free up some time to chat
biggrin.gif

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm able to run mighty channel with CIOS 17 (base 38) installed on slot 248 but I decided to use last CIOS 21 d2x v4 on slot 251 (base 38) and mighty channel starts but the nand emulation doesn't work anymore :

- I got one game not working : jungle speed
- I got one game reporting NAND corruption : Dr Mario

Back to the use of CIOS 17 solved it.

In both case mighty channel .xml has been updated to launch the proper cios.

Any idea ?

Something I miss on CIOS 21 d2x V4 ?

By the way is there a specific version to define when d2x is installed (as I installed it with Pimp My Wii I choose 65535) ?

Remark : I posted that too on mighty channel thread too.

Regards

Olivier

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OlivierTheBest said:
Hello,

By the way is there a specific version to define when d2x is installed (as I installed it with Pimp My Wii I choose 65535) ?

Olivier, I think that your problem is the version number. For mighty channels to work properly, I think that the version number needs to be 21004.

Thanks again dave for v4!

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@WiiPower
XFlak said:
I don't know about davebaol, but I'm never on irc unless I am looking to speak with someone I can't reach any other way. But if you (or anyone) has something important to discuss, you can pm me (or email [email protected]) with instructions to logon to your fav irc channel and I'll try to free up some time to chat
biggrin.gif
Same here.
smile.gif

I'd be happy to discuss with you and XFlak.

@OlivierTheBest
xfcrowman is right, MightyChannels v11.1 recognizes d2x cios correctly only if its version is between 21 and 30000.

dragbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
I also updated the meta.xml so it reflects the new version # and new date (dragbe musta forgotten to do that).
yes, I forget all the time to update the meta.xml file. Thanks Xflak.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks for all the good work. I have one of those drives that had the delay, but that's all good now.
I do still have problems with wiimote de-syncs though. I happens with games that require you to hold both the 1 and 2 buttons (like New Super Mario Bros) - any suggestions?

I know IOS reload blocking is already on your list of todos (that's really great). Could you also consider adding support for the Playstation USB SingStar Microphones SCEH-001?
It would be great to be able to play my few multi-player Karaoke games using just the one USB port for both mics (no I don't have a USB hub and I don't want to have to keep buying multiple mics for each system).

Keep up the great work.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bobthebigbat said:
I know IOS reload blocking is already on your list of todos (that's really great).
Yep, I'm investigating but it doesn't necessarily mean I'll come to a solution.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davebaol said:
@WiiPower
XFlak said:
biggrin.gif
Same here.
smile.gif

I'd be happy to discuss with you and XFlak.

[...]

Ok, why not just try it, we'll see if something comes out of it or not. You'll find me on freenode, efnet and quakenet. I can't really recommend an irc client, i'm using ChatZilla(FireFox Addon), but i can't say if it's good.

We could hijack Waninkoko's old channel:
irc://freenode/cIOS

But i'd really like to discuss with oggzee and Clipper too, so why not meet in their channel?
irc://quakenet/USBLoaderCFG

@Everybody else: If you want to come too, don't bug the CFG devs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1