Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the content size in the TMD for the data partition? doesnt that more accurately tell you if a game is dual layer?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
what about the content size in the TMD for the data partition? doesnt that more accurately tell you if a game is dual layer?

Without the info from the update partition, it would be as good as the current method.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
giantpune said:
there is nothing in the GPL that says the end user has to do anything at all with the source code. they are entitled to have it, if for no other reason than just to have it ( you know, a lot like how there are people that download 500 wii games just for the sake of having them ).

maybe he wants to read it. maybe he wants to use it for a personal project. maybe he wants to wipe his ass with it. maybe he just wants to be a dick and complain about source code. maybe he just likes to see that the GPL is respected, no matter what the content of the code ands its intended use is. the reason really doesnt matter, does it?
And there's nothing in the GPL that says that the source code needs to be published immediately. You can can keep the changes private for whatever reason for a limited period of time and publish them later, I think that period is something like a month or maybe even three months (look at what google is doing with the android and yet they still don't break the GPL). Anyway, the latest d2x release contains the sources and the latest alpha contains a patch of which the source has been published right here in this forum a couple of days ago by WiiPower. If anyone would really be interested in that it is already available. I see no harm in not releasing alpha sources.

That "three months" rule is something you made up.

QUOTE said:
If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.
I do see harm in not releasing alpha sources, people don't get to study and modify it. Do you see any harm in releasing the sources? (watch this question get avoided when someone replies)

QUOTE( @ May 24 2011, 04:15 AM)
Uff... I'll release the source with the next beta1.
This isn't going to cut it this time, I want the source to this alpha and all subsequent releases. I'm tired of this attitude of yours where you base your work on the work of others and don't even try to give anything back, you only do it when you are obligated and even then you take more than a months time.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, I found this:
Code:
ÂÂÂÂ/* Read second layer */
ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x50000000); ----> 1
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x46888000); ----> 1

ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x46090800); ----> 1

ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x60000000); ----> 0

ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x70000000); ----> 0

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set disc type */
ÂÂÂÂconfig.type = (!ret) ? DISC_DVD9 : DISC_DVD5;
Just a workaround, how about adding the last 2 checks if the 1st returns 1?

I mean something like that
Code:
ÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x50000000);

ÂÂÂÂif (ret) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x60000000);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (ret)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂret = __DI_ReadUnencrypted(buffer, SECTOR_SIZE, 0x70000000);
ÂÂÂÂ}

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set disc type */
ÂÂÂÂconfig.type = (!ret) ? DISC_DVD9 : DISC_DVD5;

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Omega191 - I like how you post questions and then put after them (Watch this get avoided) yet you have yet to reply countless times, what the hell you even want with the source, are you going to go ahead and contribute something or just complain.... Would it be better if dave just didnt release his work at all. At which point you for sure wont be getting the source then, win win right? .... go ahead and put all these code snipets into the source that him and wiipower have posted and get there current WIP source and be happy. /end rant

Oggzee is right, you can keep source private for a limited amount of time. A day is not too long no matter how you look at it.... as dave said before go ahead and do what you want. dave will give you the source when he is good and ready and not a moment sooner

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
@Omega191 - I like how you post questions and then put after them (Watch this get avoided) yet you have yet to reply countless times, what the hell you even want with the source, are you going to go ahead and contribute something or just complain.... Would it be better if dave just didnt release his work at all. At which point you for sure wont be getting the source then, win win right? .... go ahead and put all these code snipets into the source that him and wiipower have posted and get there current WIP source and be happy. /end rant I don't care if you don't know what I am doing in my personal life, this isn't facebook. And yes, there wouldn't be a GPL violation anymore if he stopped developing.
QUOTE(Skater4599 @ May 25 2011, 02:16 PM) Oggzee is right, you can keep source private for a limited amount of time. A day is not too long no matter how you look at it.... as dave said before go ahead and do what you want. dave will give you the source when he is good and ready and not a moment sooner
No, he is not right. Have you ever read the GNU General Public License v3? Enjoy: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
According to me this workaround is good enough for the upcoming v5beta1 (source included
rolleyes.gif
).
Bug closed!!!
biggrin.gif

CODEÂÂÂÂs32ÂÂ ret, cnt;
ÂÂÂÂu32ÂÂ offset[3] = {0x50000000, 0x60000000, 0x70000000};

ÂÂÂÂfor (cnt=0, ret=1; cnt

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't understand how it works, maybe i got a brick before by head or something. If the 1st read fails, you try a 2nd/3rd read that is even more supposed to fail? And it works with both SL & DL 001 games?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omega191 said:
.... I don't have to tell you anything about what my intentions are, get over it.

You are right you don't have to. But what the harm in telling us ? It might help us understand
why you are so obsessed with getting the source right away.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
It's funny how all these lemming attack me, instead of the person that is violating the GPL. I don't have to tell you anything about what my intentions are, get over it.

Never did i say you HAVE to tell us what your doing with it, go ahead and read my post again. I was calling you out for not answering questions, yet your posting about how your questions aren't getting answered. I'm not posting about this again, for respect to dave/wiipower actually doing some real work on this... So just go ahead and do what you want, as dave told you to do several pages back....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Omega191 said:
.... I don't have to tell you anything about what my intentions are, get over it.

You are right you don't have to. But what the harm in telling us ? It might help us understand
why you are so obsessed with getting the source right away.
I don't know the GPL well enough to judge if releasing the source later or only on request is ok. Which is why i always release the source with the binaries in one package, just to be sure. If i don't release the source, it only needs somebody to tell me and i'll upload it immediately.

Anyways, Omega191 is not alone with this, and i'm tired of all those GPL flame wars. So i hope Davebaol just releases the source with everything he releases, starting the next release, no matter in which alpha state it is. And then hopeully everybody is happy. (or shuts up)

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IceIceBird said:
WiiPower said:
dragbe said:
IceIceBird said:
I agree with WiiPower that the 1st agreement/version should be the FINAL as mentioned before.
Therefore I see no need of the magicword getting used the way you describe, sorry.
I also hope that this structure remains fixed but I prefer a value more consistent compared with the value 0xDeadBeef that I find a little folk. If people want to use the value 0xDeadBeef, so be it, no problems for me.

Maybe a combination of both? One magic word to determine that there is info in the tmd and then one version number.

so, 0xbeeeeeef + 0x00000001 ?

And 0xbeeeeeef is the value i used for testing, it's still just a suggestion until somebody comes up with something better. Like 23*42*X+Y, whatever, be creative. What was the main number of that guy that told the world was going to end?

Maybe 0xc105c105, 0x20121221, 0x20380101 or something like that ?
wink.gif
I'm for 0x1ee7c105
biggrin.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@WiiPower
I need to test cios base 55 from sd card.
Scenario:
- cIOS 249 on base 55
- WBFS formatted SDHC card (8GB)
- In NeoGamma: General Settings (or something like that) --> SD use IOS61
- In NeoGamma: Mount WBFS from SD card

I get an error (not tested with non high capacity sd card).
If I use base 56 it works.
Am I missing something?

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Following a discussion in the Configurable USB Loader thread...
rolleyes.gif

XICO2KX said:
Hello!
smile.gif

When I am playing a game with Configurable USB Loader and pause the game and then turn off my Wii using the Power button (on the WiiRemote or on the Wii itself), my external USB Hard-Drive does some weird sound just like when it is reading/writing something and there's a power failure and it stops spinning abruptly...
blink.gif
unsure.gif

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that would probably damage/corrupt the Hard-Drive in the long term...
frown.gif

So, I would like to know if it was possible for example to "hijack" the Shutdown button (both on the Wii and the WiiRemote) callback function to perform a safe Un-Mount of the hard-drive just before the Wii shuts down!
rolleyes.gif

I think it would be a pretty useful feature to extend the life of the HDD!
wink.gif

Could that be done?
tongue.gif

oggzee said:
About libogc, i doubt that's the problem, the loaders that use a cios don't use the usb storage routines in libogc but implement their own. But maybe libogc is the solution, however that would mean that before a shutdown we would need to reload ios to a standard one, init libogc and then shutdown it, it might be worth a try but sounds a bit complicated.
oggzee said:
digdug3 said:
I have the same problem. Harddisk not spinning down.
The only solution would be loading another IOS before shutting down? Maybe you could make it optional?I think it would need ios reload and some kind of delay as well.
I would like to avoid complicating this further.
QUOTE(oggzee @ Jan 19 2011, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE(x4mer @ Jan 19 2011, 01:03 AM)
Is the above code in Wanin's cios, or is it in the frag modules compiled into CFGUSB?
If it's in the frag modules, any chance of a version of CFGUSB with wakeup disabled, for people with drives that don't go to sleep?

Thanks
The code is in wanin cios in ehc module (usb driver).
frag code gets added to the DI module (DIP plugin)
So you'll have to ask waninkoko about that.
If he exposes some kind of api to controll the watchdog or APM from the loader I could use that, or make it optional, but until then there's nothing i can do.

So, is there any way you could implement this unmount-hdd-on-power-off feature?
unsure.gif
bow.gif

It would be really useful!
happy.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Omega191 said:
I want the source to this alpha and all subsequent releases. I'm tired of this attitude of yours where you base your work on the work of others and don't even try to give anything back, you only do it when you are obligated and even then you take more than a months time.

I'm tired, no, most tempers here are tired of your attitude where you complain about GPL violations in almost every post of yours without contribiting anything usefull at all. Who the heck you think you are? You sir have a serious god complex. Still a kid, huh? It's not like you contributed anything to the source of any cIOS so let the people rant that actually contributed something for it (Waninkoko, Kwiirk, Hermes...). But honestly, I think they dont mind. You are not a copyright holder and therefore you dont have the right to request a takedown, at least not at gbatemp, where none of these files in question are hosted (unlike on a google code repository for example).

So please do us a favour and go rant elsewhere where someone publishes binaries without source that uses some Wii.py or go rant at some warez sites and request a takedown of their warez (good luck there).

@mods: Dont delete this post, I know this is actually off-topic but it's not more off-topic than the many GPL rants of this omega kid.

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, XICO2KX, thanks for finding our old posts again in the CFG thread! I already asked the same question a few posts ago, but have to agree there are other more important things right now...

Besides that, I don't know how many other people have this problem, or if its related to only a few USB drives. I use a WD ESSENTIALS 1Tb (old version).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yea +1