Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='davebaol']

Hey man, how are you? much to do nowadays?
I'm just a little curious as to what is happening and what is in focus with the d2x cIOS development nowadays.
Maybe you could tease us a bit with some information about the progress. :D
I'm dying to know too, but did not want harass davebaol.
However, now that the cryogenic avian has opened the door on this, I'll listen in for an answer and if there are accusations of impatience, I'll blame it on him :P .

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
d2x v8 beta(r42) is out :yay:

See the changelog here.
Download the package from here and use the d2x-cios-installer.
In alternative, you can use ModMii to download the package and create the wads.
For further instructions see the wiki here.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

See the changelog here.
Awesome!
I read the changelog, but don't know what everything means.
What do you consider are the biggest changes in this release, in layman terms?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

See the changelog here.
Awesome!
I read the changelog, but don't know what everything means.
What do you consider are the biggest changes in this release, in layman terms?
This is what the end user can enjoy
  • fixed the 500 games limit on wbfs
  • fixed issue 16

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what the end user can enjoy
  • fixed the 500 games limit on wbfs
  • fixed issue 16
I see. Thanks.

OK, I admit it, I was waiting to see if you said anything about online play for WiiWare games on emulated nand (which works on ISO forwarders), and the problematic N64 VC games.
Did you ever get a chance to look at that?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. Thanks for all your hard work on d2x.
The ISO forwarders are not a bad option, but I am very intrigued as to why online does not work when loading a WiiWare game directly with Triiforce but does through a forwarder ISO, using the same Triiforce dol.

WiiPower:
Have you any idea what the cause of this would be?
This is in reference to why WiiWare games on emulated nand have online functionality when loaded on Triiforce + d2x through a forwarder ISO, but not when loaded directly.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok finally I managed to make it work without any random crash.
I'm talking about the new ehci module with interrupts that I developed with rodries in june/july.
It has been abandoned since games crashed after playing for some minutes and we were not able to fix it at that time.
But I recently found out that the ehci module works properly after removing some non essential modules picked at random.
OMFG how many nights wasted in vain in hunting a bug that does not exist. :blink:
In fact this likely means that there are too many threads and problems arise when extending the execution time of the interrupt procedure.
So I removed the fat module by embedding fat support directly into the fs plugin, i.e. one less thread.
Also, I replaced the thread which makes the drive led blink on fat write access with a synchronous procedure which turns the led on and off respectively before and after writing sectors.
And now without those 2 threads the issue has disappeared. B-)

Reactions: 4 people

Skyground95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm talking about the new ehci module with interrupts that I developed with rodries in june/july.
It has been abandoned since games crashed after playing for some minutes and we were not able to fix it at that time.
But I recently found out that the ehci module works properly after removing some non essential modules picked at random.
OMFG how many nights wasted in vain in hunting a bug that does not exist. :blink:
In fact this likely means that there are too many threads and problems arise when extending the execution time of the interrupt procedure.
So I removed the fat module by embedding fat support directly into the fs plugin, i.e. one less thread.
Also, I replaced the thread which makes the drive led blink on fat write access with a synchronous procedure which turns the led on and off respectively before and after writing sectors.
Wait, so that means no more random freezing? =D

hvy109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news!!
I'm impressed with your work.
Greetings.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Niiiiice :D so what I understand we all can enjoy this in the next new beta, and probably very soon.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. That's exactly how I would have done it.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep. That's exactly how I would have done it.
Then you could have told me before. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021