Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my good sir, help me count the ways which I love davebaol lol. Amazing stuff with d2x, thanks for all your sleepless nights, they don't go unappreciated.
It sounds like you want to marry him :P
hey hey, he'd a married man dammit have some courtesy lol... Besides I can't contain myself I've been spreading a lot of love around here lately.. And no twisting my words on that :-p lol

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol maybe you should update the original post with latest betas?
He already did! If you read it he's telling everyone to go to the http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/ instead.

I was referring to the download links which explicitly imply that v6 is the last version released, it really needs cleaning up.
..and you should realy read that post again as I said before when it clearly says that you should go to the googlecode page instead.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol maybe you should update the original post with latest betas?
He already did! If you read it he's telling everyone to go to the http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/ instead.

I was referring to the download links which explicitly imply that v6 is the last version released, it really needs cleaning up.
..and you should realy read that post again as I said before when it clearly says that you should go to the googlecode page instead.

if he wants people to go to googlecode then he should get rid of all the outdated stuff buddy bro friend

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
this might have been answered before but it'd still be nice if someone could recap a bit for me.
What is:

cIOS base (default is 37 but I can choose up to 80, why should I not pick 80?)
cIOS slot (default is 249 but I can choose up to 255, why should I not pick 255?)
cIOS revision (default is 21008 but I choose: 21008, 21 or 65535, which do I pick and why?)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
this might have been answered before but in the installation menu.
What is:

cIOS base (default is 37 but I can choose up to 80, why should I not pick 80?)
cIOS slot (default is 249 but I can choose up to 255, why should I not pick 255?)
cIOS revision (default is 21008 but I choose: 21008, 21 or 65535, which do I pick and why?)
You shouldn't pick base 37 or 80. You shouldn't pick slot 255. Higher is not better.

Here is the setup you want:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v7
250[57] d2x v7

What version you install it as is up to you. 249 and 248 are the only ones you will get from this installer. You can download all those as wads from ModMii if you want.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb 3.0's work right now (at 2.0 speed, and will always be at that speed).. its just how large the drive is that is an issue with loaders...

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
usb 3.0's work right now (at 2.0 speed, and will always be at that speed).. its just how large the drive is that is an issue with loaders...
Yeah most usb 3.0 hdd should work nicely.
Also, since d2x v6 hdd greater than 2T are supported and afaik they are supported by gx and cfg too (wiiflow support is likely broken).

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got my 3TB USB3 working in CFG. Switched to GX and it has worked fine ever since. Last time I checked, CFG didn't support the GPT partition table. Maybe that has changed.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I never got my 3TB USB3 working in CFG. Switched to GX and it has worked fine ever since. Last time I checked, CFG didn't support the GPT partition table. Maybe that has changed.
Talk to the people behind CFG USB Loader MOD and check if they maybe could fix that

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok finally I managed to make it work without any random crash.
I'm talking about the new ehci module with interrupts that I developed with rodries in june/july.
It has been abandoned since games crashed after playing for some minutes and we were not able to fix it at that time.
But I recently found out that the ehci module works properly after removing some non essential modules picked at random.
OMFG how many nights wasted in vain in hunting a bug that does not exist. :blink:
In fact this likely means that there are too many threads and problems arise when extending the execution time of the interrupt procedure.
So I removed the fat module by embedding fat support directly into the fs plugin, i.e. one less thread.
Also, I replaced the thread which makes the drive led blink on fat write access with a synchronous procedure which turns the led on and off respectively before and after writing sectors.
And now without those 2 threads the issue has disappeared. B-)
I quote myself just to give you a little update.
After removing the 2 threads mentioned above nand emu wasn't working properly. I got strange issues like the error "Please insert the disc in the drive" or random freezing.
So I tried to remove one more thread, i.e. the sdhc module which supports iso/wbfs games through sd card, and magically the issue has disappeared.
Since less than 1 out of 1000 users play games through sd card I thought the missing module was not a big deal.
Then I realized that countrary to d2x v8 the new ehci module in combination with base 58 supports the webcam, meaning that the new ehci doesn't interfere with nintendo's usb2.0 module as long as you don't initialize the hdd. In other words, you can play Your Shape from dvd with neogamma.
But this was not enough for recent wii's having unmoddable drives.
So I put back sdhc support for iso games by embedding its code inside the new ehci module. This solution doesn't involve a new thread and has no drawbacks. In fact you can't play games from more than 1 device at a time, not counting emulated nand which calls nintendo's sdio module directly.
And now I have a backword compatible d2x v9 beta with enhanced usb support. And of course you can use the webcam while playing through dvd or sd card. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: