Hacking cIOSX rev20 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 180466

Dr. Clipper said:
On the speed thing, there is a definite noticeable difference in load times for the Subspace Emissary of Brawl. It is not a myth. I did some tests with rev20 here showing some of my results. It seems 56 is just as fast as 57, and both 37 and 38 are slower.

Thus, my conclusion is that we should start recommending 56 for the 249 slot and forget about the others. It's actually safer to keep 250 as rev19 or earlier as it then remains protected from the current Nintendo updates (the new 250 won't survive as it's version is now 20 rather than 65535).

So WAD Manager working using cIOS249 using base 56?

EDIT: By the way, do these Wii MotionPlus games works using cIOS249 using base 56?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GHBAimen said:
Dr. Clipper said:
On the speed thing, there is a definite noticeable difference in load times for the Subspace Emissary of Brawl. It is not a myth. I did some tests with rev20 here showing some of my results. It seems 56 is just as fast as 57, and both 37 and 38 are slower.

Thus, my conclusion is that we should start recommending 56 for the 249 slot and forget about the others. It's actually safer to keep 250 as rev19 or earlier as it then remains protected from the current Nintendo updates (the new 250 won't survive as it's version is now 20 rather than 65535).

So WAD Manager working using cIOS249 using base 56?

EDIT: By the way, do these Wii MotionPlus games works using cIOS249 using base 56?
Wii Sports Resort: works great
YAWMM: Every WAD i tried to install and uninstall work
Wad Manager 1.7: also works great
Both WAD managers are able to mount my USB 2.0 HDD and install from it.

infernodemon2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone test the arc rise fantasia freeze with base 56... I would but as I don't have a save near that point it would mean i have to start from the beginning, and I don't have that kind of patients...
any infor would be appreciated, as I know it works fine with base 57

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
infernodemon2005 said:
can anyone test the arc rise fantasia freeze with base 56... I would but as I don't have a save near that point it would mean i have to start from the beginning, and I don't have that kind of patients...
any infor would be appreciated, as I know it works fine with base 57

played for 3 hours now with base56... everything works fine like before with base57.

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh page 5 bwillb, said that IOS 56 is used by the rock band beatles, What if you installed 37 Would it work with it? And for 57 it says enhanced usb support, does that mean it would work with music games, and rockband beatles?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I wait a few days before installing the latest release

hackinblack said:
Damn... I hate what happened with the FFS plugin. Nice way to start my holidays... Sorry guys but rev21 is coming sooner than expected.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarsXTC said:
Oh page 5 bwillb, said that IOS 56 is used by the rock band beatles, What if you installed 37 Would it work with it? And for 57 it says enhanced usb support, does that mean it would work with music games, and rockband beatles?
as I said thats info about the IOS themselves from WiiBrew wiki, not entirely reqiured as cIOS bases... right now it looks like for best compatability you want base 57 on your main cIOS (249) and base 56 for rock band, guitar hero, and monster hunter tri (on cIOS 250)

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
MarsXTC said:
as I said thats info about the IOS themselves from WiiBrew wiki, not entirely reqiured as cIOS bases... right now it looks like for best compatability you want base 57 on your main cIOS (249) and base 56 for rock band, guitar hero, and monster hunter tri (on cIOS 250)
How do I do that?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bwillb said:
No, you just want base 56 for everything. It appears it does everything 57 does and more.

@MarsXTC: Just follow these instructions.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bwillb said:
No, you just want base 56 for everything. It appears it does everything 57 does and more.

@MarsXTC: Just follow these instructions.
57 seems to be more stable than 56 to me so far, but that could be a fluke as well... in any case, doesn't hurt to have options available if something won't load
smile.gif

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Possibly it's just "Take on me" (the new song).
I'm pretty positive the song in rev20 is the original version of 'Take on me' by A-Ha, not the cover by A.C. Newman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0