Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~ cIOSWin r2 ~
~ cIOS Installer ~

~ Original code from bfgr/wwpacker ~
~ Modified by n4ru ~

cIOSWin can be used to patch any WAD with a custom DIP module. Useful because it's a true method of patching an IOS with custom DIPs such as those from Waninkoko and Hermes.

Usage: Drag and Drop any number of WADs onto cIOSWin and it will patch them one by one with the custom DIP module.

Extracting DIPs: Drag the cIOS (already patched) onto DIPex and name it di.bin (for Custom DIP), Wan17.bin (for Waninkoko rev17), Wan19.bin (for Waninkoko rev19), Herm4.bin (for Hermes v4), Herm5.bin (for Hermes v5). Remember to use DIPSwitch to use these DIPs.

Before using cIOSWin, you need to set a DIP with DIPSwitch!

Usage: Drag and Drop any number of WADs onto cIOSWin and it will patch them one by one with the custom DIP module.

Features:
- DIP Patching (cIOSWin)
- Manage DIPs (DIPSwitch)
- Extract DIPs (DIPex)
- Event Logging

Coming Soon:
- Trucha Bug Patching
- ES_Identify Patching
- NAND Perms Patching

Changelog:

Revision 1

Revision 2
+ DIPSwitch added for easy DIP Management.
+ DIPex added for DIP extraction.

DOWNLOAD

NOTE: Until DIFF patching is implemented, I cannot guarantee compatibility with Homebrew relying on a Waninkoko/Hermes cIOS.
NOTE: Until Trucha, ES_Identify, and Nand Perms patching is implemented, I cannot guarantee compatibility with Homebrew relying on IOS249.
NOTE: For all "cIOSCorp-type" purposes, this patcher should make a fully functional cIOS for use with Disc Channel Backup loading.

PROTIP: Replacing SNEEK+DI's di.bin with one extracted from a Hermes/Waninkoko's cIOS will effectively allow you to launch DVD backups from the Disc Channel.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Cheers
grog.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Been wondering how to do this for ages, this will make it MUCH easier.

EDIT: Something's wrong with the mediafire link...when I click the "Click Here to start download" the page refreshes and the DL never starts! Other MF links are working fine for me...

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Nice! Been wondering how to do this for ages, this will make it MUCH easier.

EDIT: Something's wrong with the mediafire link...when I click the "Click Here to start download" the page refreshes and the DL never starts! Other MF links are working fine for me...
Seems to work fine for me.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome tool, very handy. Can I request a feature? I'd like to see it prompt to change the IOS # and version -- you could essentially DIY any IOS using any as a base that way.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
try this direct link (will probably only work for the next few minutes to an hour)

http://download760.mediafire.com/tjlz2iknz...djt/cIOSWin.rar
It redirected me to the http://www.mediafire.com/?m4miqzdidjt (same link in the OP).

Can someone MegaUpload it please?

As for the questionable files, the cygwin libraries are often packed with other homebrew tools. The common-key is the one I'd be worried about. Many apps include MakeKeyBin instead to create it.

EDIT: After about 30 attempts it finally downloaded.

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The common key ban was always just a precaution from what I hear, a 16 bit number is not eligible for a copyright.

Also, there's currently no message when you exit the program as to whether or not it completed successfully. You can check the log file created, but if something doesn't work there may have been a problem with extracting the WAD. Next revision will include an indicator as to whether or not it failed due to extraction, and the created WAD won't overwrite your original one.

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note for those looking into making cIOS', you may have to run the cIOS Installer from whoever you want first, dump the WAD, then extract the DIP, since there's currently no known way to extract the DIP from a .dol.

Next version will also include Hermes v5 DIP, Hermes v4 DIP, and Waninkoko's r19 DIP. Will also support a custom DIP of your choosing.

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii at the moment so I can't extract the DIPs myself, but I would appreciate it if someone could send me an IOS249 with Waninkoko's Rev19, an IOS222 (or 223, 224) with Hermes v4, and an IOS222 (or 223, 224) with Hermes v5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh