Hacking cIOSrev15 released and it's broken yay

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I told Waninkoko about the bug like 100 times, last time yesterday with the latest beta version i got.

The bug i mean is the following:
If a loader writes the correct value to address 0x80003184, the 001 check fails.

The result of this is:
001 error on disc channel (this means, among other things, most likely no cioscorp possible with rev15)
001 error on discs in NeoGamma and SoftChip
green screen freeze on usb(and most likely sd too) with NeoGamma

I will not release a "fixed" version of NeoGamma for rev15!

With this issue i don't care about possible still broken wifi and low sdhc compatibility.

Ok, since Waninkoko seems to have left the scene, let's try to get an overview of what we have got:

cIOSrev7:
Plays only discs, no dual layer, does not work on new Wiis. (LU64+ issue) But nothing else to complain

cIOSrev8:
Does not play new 001 games, does not play 002b games, only discs, does not work on new Wiis, maybe not disc channel compatible*

cIOSrev9&10:
Does not play new 001 games, does not play 002b games, does not work on new Wiis

cIOSrev11:
Does not play new 001 games, does not play 002b games, maybe not disc channel compatible*

cIOSrev12:
Does not play new 001 games, does not play 002b games, not disc channel compatible*

cIOSrev13a:
Does not play new 001 games

cIOSrev13b:
Does not play new 001 games, does not play 002b games

cIOSrev14:
does not read the end of the 1st layer causing trouble for all DL games and maybe very big SL games

cIOSrev15:
not disc channel compatible*

*Also means not NeoGamma and SoftChip compatible see rev15 bug.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could you fix the cios yourself ?

Or do you not know how to do that kind of thing?

I'm not cracking on you or anything i was just wondering is all.You seem to know what needs to be fixed why not do it yourself if your able to and release your own version of the cios.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's make it clear, it's not WiiPowers fault that he's not going to try to fix NeoGamma, and no one should get all bratty at him. It's not his fault, let's just wait for Waninkoko to fix Rev 15 shall we?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting bratty towards him i was just wondering and from the way wiipower talks it seems this bug has been around for the last few revisions now.

brollyssj82000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I can confirm that it's broken.
I have tried NSMB from disc channel and from NeoGamma R8 beta8 runing from dvd. It gives a green screen then restart the wii.
MPT has the same problems as before. You cant select the games from the games menu. It does not work with usb loaders. It still has all the problems from before. I could make it work (from the disc channel) only with rev13a or rev13b and the dip plugin.
NFS-Nitro gives 001 error, X-men Origins Wolverine the same.
I dont see any game compatibility improvements.
In conclusion it is useless. Stick to rev13.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
I'm not getting bratty towards him i was just wondering and from the way wiipower talks it seems this bug has been around for the last few revisions now.

I wasn't directing it at you haha, it was just a message to noobs who desperately want to play those games they got from Computer Swap Meets...

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if I can post this kind of problem here, but Guitar Hero 5 is not compatible with cIOSrev15. I don't think this new release was intended to fix that, but anyway.

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
i just got NSMB to boot via disc ( neogamma r8 beta 7) on a soft modded wii whooooooooooo...

although it did require i used two discs but im working on that as we speak

p.s Cioscorp still doesn't work YET....

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn again.

I wish you were in contact with Hermes, maybe it would double the chance of your ideas/fixes being implemented in future cIOS.

Maybe it was the pressure by everyone for wanin to release asap, but tbh I can see how frustrating it must be for you WiiPower because I've saw you point out problems with other cIOS before release and when they do get released they still have the bugs that you warned about.

I can't see any instant appeal to jump on the rev15 bandwagon just now myself as I own originals of the DL games anyway.

This is a MASSIVE blow for those with little money who don't yet own a USB HDD, or for those unlucky enough to have bought one and it's not compatible. Shame.

What will you be concentrating on just now in the meantime WiiPower until the next cIOS ?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
brollyssj82000 said:
MPT has the same problems as before.

What do you mean..?? cause the issue was:

1st - the game reload the IOS if you choose a game from the menu, so we used the alt.dol method to boot into the metroid 1 and 2, but hence 3 is on the 2nd layer on the disc, no one could access the Metroid 3, and I'm happy using cIOS_r10, for me is the best...!!
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't play NSMB on USB or Disk anymore via neogamma.

technom8t said:
King Of Chaos said:
cIOSCORP won't work with rev 15 because of the bug WiiPower mentioned above.

wouldn't it only effect Cioscorp though if the DIP Module from REV15 was used in Cioscorps CIOS's ( which it isn't )

He means, they can't use rev15 in future CIOScorp
smile.gif

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, DIP rev 15's useless in cIOSCORP unless a revision is released fixing this bug. I'm sure if people cry enough, it'll get attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: