Hacking cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can u plz tell me if this will work on wii under its current state. I was on system menu 3.3E and followed xzxero's guide for hacking the wii. That is; i updated to 4.2E, restored the trucha bug by downgrading IOS15, installing patched IOS36 and restoring IOS15. Deleted the stub IOS's (IOS 222,223,249 and 250). Installed these IOS's with the patches or whatnot. Installed preloader 0.3 (had to patch IOS70 with preloader 0.29 jodi first). Downgraded to 4.1E. My preloader still runs on IOS70 but the cIOSCORP readme said to install cIOSCORP before updating so im not sure of the problems i could run into. Sorry if this is a burden but i couldn't find a relevant spot to post this so i posted here. THX FOR ANY HELP
biggrin.gif
!

By the way, the uninstaller link isn't working at the moment.

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
A quick question...does this work on 3.2U Korean Wiis? Homebrew installed include Bootmii as IOS, HBC, Preloader 0.29 and DVDx. *expects to be flamed for this*

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
gumbyscout said:
I installed cioscorp 3.5, and the install went without a hitch. However, burned discs still can't be read :/. I know the discs work, since I have an older wii with an older version of cioscorp on it that can read them :/. I bought this new wii yesterday, and it came with 4.0. I used the trucha bug restorer and installed cios 14a and updated to 4.2. I even tried to run the discs through gecko os, but it still won't read it, just replies that there is no disc. Of course, actual bought games work fine. Also, I can't get preloader .3 rev 4 to install, it says got root and then it has a random error.
I heard that for newer Wiis, it's physically inpossible to play dvd's on it... I don't know if it's true thoe. If anyone knows, it would be google.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
aria1810 said:
gumbyscout said:
I installed cioscorp 3.5, and the install went without a hitch. However, burned discs still can't be read :/. I know the discs work, since I have an older wii with an older version of cioscorp on it that can read them :/. I bought this new wii yesterday, and it came with 4.0. I used the trucha bug restorer and installed cios 14a and updated to 4.2. I even tried to run the discs through gecko os, but it still won't read it, just replies that there is no disc. Of course, actual bought games work fine. Also, I can't get preloader .3 rev 4 to install, it says got root and then it has a random error.
I heard that for newer Wiis, it's physically inpossible to play dvd's on it... I don't know if it's true thoe. If anyone knows, it would be google.

D3-2 drives are unable to read burnt dvd media.

For those machines USB is the only option.

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
KiiWii said:
aria1810 said:
gumbyscout said:

Thanks for approving.^^

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
aria1810 said:
gumbyscout said:

How do I know if I have a D3-2 drive? I recently sent my Wii to Nintendo for repair cause the backlight was broken. I installed v3.5 just fine but the DVDs dont load. Does this mean I have a D3-2 drive?

Reese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i read the read me file and found that this question wasn't in there i did the main install and i didn't get any errors when i went to load my hbc channel again its now upside down is there any way to fix this?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. install IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager.
2. run older version of bootmii to install an older hbc.
3. re-install the ios36 provided with cioscorp.

newest homebrew channel has problems with cioscorp.

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error every time when either i use WAd manager or Cioscorp installing installing CIOC 40? whats wrong should i redownload the installer

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way cIOSCORP will ever be region free as i live in the UK with a 4.1E wii and i get a lot ntsc backups so is there anychance cioscorp will ever be region free?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The auto-reply has been updated a few minutes ago with a new uninstaller link and is pending setup. It should be online in a matter of minutes.

Don't forget, sometimes it takes your email a few minutes to send an email. Sometimes this process is not instantaneous. In other words, if in 5 minutes you don't get a response, check to make sure you sent it to the correct email, also make sure to refresh your email as you wait, if after that you don't get a response, then send again.

Regards,
ChokeD

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mew512 said:
Is there any way cIOSCORP will ever be region free as i live in the UK with a 4.1E wii and i get a lot ntsc backups so is there anychance cioscorp will ever be region free?
The region lock isn't controlled by IOS. It's controlled by the System Menu itself.
So you should install preloader or StartPatch and enable the "Region Free Wii Discs" hack.

Or just load them via Gecko OS.

EDIT: cIOSCORP v3.6 will be released very soon...

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news, Da Letter A!!! Any word on incorporating the whole BCA security into cioscorp 3.6? Last I heard you were testing an IOS for NSMB....53, if I'm not mistaken? What's up with the progress there?

carlomagno1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
da_letter_a said:
mew512 said:
The region lock isn't controlled by IOS. It's controlled by the System Menu itself.
So you should install preloader or StartPatch and enable the "Region Free Wii Discs" hack.

Or just load them via Gecko OS.

EDIT: cIOSCORP v3.6 will be released very soon...

The preloader region free hack doesnt work in 4.2u, will v3.6 fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1