Hacking cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oldskooldork23 said:
So I updated to 3.5 the other night, but I'm trying to update my Wii to 4.2 (currently 4.0) because I can't get Band Hero to run (It will get as far as the main screen and its loading bar, and then it will CANNOT READ DISC), and the only reason I can find is maybe my Wii is not updated. So I need to update my homebrew channel because I'm currently using 1.3 I believe, and I can't do that with cisocorp. So I tried to use the uninstaller and all its saying is ERROR ret=1 on every .wad it tries to install. Anyone know why?
regarding band hero, maybe it's a bad burn?

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed on my wii cIOS38_rev15. How outdated is this? and should i definitely update to this new cios install??

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Just a quick question please;
Concerning Metroid prime trilogy;
When I install the dip rev 13 from the extras ; as soon as the game loads in the disc channel I got the error message saying that an error has occurred,eject the disc and read the manual etc etc...(on a black screen,it's not the one on blue screen from error 002).
With the rev 14 the game loads but I can't access MP3 obviously.
I've checked preloader options and no force IOS 249 to run game from disc channel is enabled.
Any Idea where that comes from?
The ISO is not patched and I'm on 4.2 Pal and cIOSrev14.

Thanks a lot !
And keep up the good work,I really like what cIOScorp does and I'm looking forward for its next versions !

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question, i like to install preloader for the hacks

is it safe to install preloader or do i have to uninstall cIOScorp first?

4.1E

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.d&n said:
quick question, i like to install preloader for the hacks

is it safe to install preloader or do i have to uninstall cIOScorp first?

4.1E
you don't have to uninstall cioscorp to have preloader.

For those trying to update to Homebrew Channel (HBC) 1.0.6 and getting "No vulnerable IOS" errors:

What I had:
cioscorp v3.5
Homebrew Channel (HBC) 1.0.3
Dop-IOS v8 (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-ios)

What to do:
Load Dop-IOS and install OLD version of IOS36 with ES_Identify and Sig Hash Check patches YES.
Load new Hackmii homebrew channel (HBC) installer (self-update, bannerbomb, etc)
Install Homebrew Channel twice (I think the first time removed mine only, so to be sure hit Install Homebrew Channel twice)
Run cioscorp v3.5 installer again to restore IOS36

No more upside down channel/vulnerable IOS problem.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many steps.
If you installed the old version of IOS30 like I've said to do too many times to count, you wouldn't even have to even think about installing cIOSCORP again. IOS30 was for a really old system menu and there are no games that use it. Period.

@aria1810

Did you DoP IOS60 yet for your VC game? It shouldn't matter unless you are not on SM 4.2 but that's my only other suggestion for your VC game issue.

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Melik said:
Hi!
When I install the dip rev 13 from the extras ; as soon as the game loads in the disc channel I got the error message saying that an error has occurred,eject the disc and read the manual etc etc...(on a black screen,it's not the one on blue screen from error 002).
I've checked preloader options and no force IOS 249 to run game from disc channel is enabled.

Thanks a lot !
And keep up the good work,I really like what cIOScorp does and I'm looking forward for its next versions !

Help?

link_1998

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi ! How can I retrieve the HBC after updating to 4.2 ? I thing I've read that if I've installed the Cioscorp 3.5 before it, I would not have missed it, but, in fact, I've missed it, and now I can not even use anyone of the bannerbomb method !

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
link_1998 said:
Hi ! How can I retrieve the HBC after updating to 4.2 ? I thing I've read that if I've installed the Cioscorp 3.5 before it, I would not have missed it, but, in fact, I've missed it, and now I can not even use anyone of the bannerbomb method !
are you selecting the little sd card menu off the main menu instead of data management???

link_1998

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
longtom1 said:
link_1998 said:
are you selecting the little sd card menu off the main menu instead of data management???

Yes ! It loads the hack mii, but says that can't install because of the modified IOS. Is there a way to change this IOS without the HBC ?

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
link_1998 said:
longtom1 said:
link_1998 said:

Yes ! It loads the hack mii, but says that can't install because of the modified IOS. Is there a way to change this IOS without the HBC ?

Yes use Loadmii with bannerbomb and load DOP IOS MOD v8 and choose any of the IOSs that have been corped because they have the trucha bug and then install a clean IOS30, 36, 61 and say no to trucha bug in these IOSs and then once HBC is installed you can reinstall the IOS you have installed over with cioscorp.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question? I recently install 3,5 with cios rev 14. I had corp with 13a. I was able to load MWReflex and play it. A Pal version patched to USA. Well now it doesn't read the disc. It reads other discs from Japanese and Usa region. I'm not sure if it's Pal thing or not. Any idea why all of a sudden it will not read this disc or game?

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Melik said:
Melik said:
Hi!

Thanks a lot !

Help?

Help2?

mikey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works perfect with this except a few minor things.so i have to questions.
1. when i download cioscorp it turn my HBC upside down. i fixed this last time by reinstalling IOS 35 would doing that mess anything up or make it where cioscorp doesnt work.
2. also on NSMB it says to download update on disc channel. is that from you guys or nintendo?

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cioscorp 3.5, and the install went without a hitch. However, burned discs still can't be read :/. I know the discs work, since I have an older wii with an older version of cioscorp on it that can read them :/. I bought this new wii yesterday, and it came with 4.0. I used the trucha bug restorer and installed cios 14a and updated to 4.2. I even tried to run the discs through gecko os, but it still won't read it, just replies that there is no disc. Of course, actual bought games work fine. Also, I can't get preloader .3 rev 4 to install, it says got root and then it has a random error.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyscout said:
I installed cioscorp 3.5, and the install went without a hitch. However, burned discs still can't be read :/. I know the discs work, since I have an older wii with an older version of cioscorp on it that can read them :/. I bought this new wii yesterday, and it came with 4.0. I used the trucha bug restorer and installed cios 14a and updated to 4.2. I even tried to run the discs through gecko os, but it still won't read it, just replies that there is no disc. Of course, actual bought games work fine. Also, I can't get preloader .3 rev 4 to install, it says got root and then it has a random error.

Same problem. Except it will not play this certain game. After the older version played it no problem. The game is a pal version patched for USA. I trying to get a USA version now to see if that make a difference. It's funny because it plays japanese games no problem.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(sorry for no help) Just wanted to say it works well on my 4.0U Wii. Actually better than Neogamma in loading CoD Reflex, since Neogamma always froze. Hopefully I don't run into any problems, but for now, it seems to be working. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1