cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by damysteryman, Oct 31, 2009.

Oct 31, 2009

cIOSCORP v3.5 Release! by damysteryman at 12:16 AM (99,304 Views / 1 Likes) 324 replies

1. damysteryman
    OP

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about the 1-month wait. You can Blame Nintendo releasing System Menu 4.2, extended game testing, and the theft of beta 1 for that.

Anyways...

cIOSCORP v3.5 is finally here!

Now the README is 8 A4 pages long, so I've put it in spoiler tags. Be sure to read it all!

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that cIOSCORP v3.5 has full Korean Game support, even on non-Korean wiis!
    And if a region changed Korean Wii owner installes cIOSCORP v3.5, they can then install System Menu 4.2 afterward, as the cIOS70 does not trigger 4.2 to give #003 error! (Just make sure you install cIOSCORP v3.5 first, and never overwrite cIOS70!)

GBATemp.net's rules don't permit me to post direct links, but you can email the auto-reply address <a href="mailto:cioscorp@thewebpost.net">cioscorp@thewebpost.net</a> which will point you in the right direction.

Check out the compatibility list:
    <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dmanspokehackland/cIOSCORP_v3.5_compatibility.html" target="_blank">cIOSCORP v3.5 Compatibility List</a>

If you want to add a game to the compatibility list, you'll have to provide the following information:
    Game Name - The full game name with exact spelling, including dashes, colons, "and's", and "the's"
    Game Region - PAL, USA, JAP or KOR
    Game ID - the 6 letter game ID, with the 4-letter ID code followed by the 2-letter maker code
    Works? - Yes, Additional Stuff Required, Partial, or No
    Additional Stuff Required? - If "Works? = Additional Stuff Required", then describe the additional stuff you needed to make the game work
    IOS requested by game - List the IOS the game runs under. You can find this in the game's tmd.
    Dump Type - Self Dump or Scene Release (<team name>) - Did you dump it yourself, or it it a Scene Release? If it is a Scene Release, list the group or team that dumped it
    Tested By - your GBATemp username goes here
    Test Conditions/Environment - List your wii's setup used when you tested the game including: system menu version, whether you had preloader or startpatch installed or not, whether or not your console is an LU64+ console, what language your wii is set to, and what video mode you wii is set to (PAL or NTSC)
    Comments - any observations go here

Enjoy!

1 person likes this.

2. baordeur

Newcomer baordeur Member

France
    Thank you big boss

3. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Cool stuff but complaining that someone is stealing it really isn't fair if you don't have an installer that patches the files on the spot, because in both cases you are stealing stuff from Nintendo, just Softmii is stealing it from you as well.

I would really look forward to a legal cIOScorp.

4. That-Guy

Newcomer That-Guy Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Excellent Thank You Been Wait for this [​IMG]

5. damysteryman
    OP

Antarctica
    Yeah, I have been talking with someone about an online installer, but I don't think it will appear any time soon.

6. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Awesome! I'll have to give this a go. [​IMG]

7. damysteryman
    OP

Antarctica
    Just updated the first post with info about full Korean support.
    Forgot to add it to post earlier.

8. illinialex24

United States
    Cool, I'm just wondering Da_letter_A, is there anyway you can have a target installer for the system menu they are currently running, so it will install the cIOS for the proper system menu and then it will install functioning IOS's (nonstubs) for the rest of the system menu IOS's.

This should also make it compatible with the Hackmii installer except for on 3.2U/3.3U/Any system menu that uses IOS30.

From what I know, if you have an input you could definitely do it and there is no way it would brick (have it ES Indentify and trucha bug everything as well so there's no chance of any issue with preloader) and it should make it compatible for the average user with Hackmii installer. Just saying...

9. gajo

Newcomer gajo Member

Brazil
    Thanks
    nice job [​IMG]

10. madtamski

Member madtamski GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I've always loved cIOSCorp, but the flamey readme pissed me off a little.

...you guys should have just ignored ice's troll/flame posts and just done your thing.

Your replies in the complaint thread were enough IMO your cred was never damaged!

11. damysteryman
    OP

Antarctica
    That's a good idea, illinialex24. I didn't do this with the offline version, as that is meant to work on all wiis.

But to have compatibility with the hackmii installer, it cannot be fakesigned, meaning no ES_Identify patch, and no trucha patch.

I know there are lot of IOS, but I'm not sure exactly how many are used only be channels, but not discs.

EDIT: OK, in the next release, the will be no more complaining in the README. damysteryman wasn't really happy about those guys.

12. illinialex24

United States
    Ah yeah thats true for IOS30. So if its past 3.2U or 3.3, it should be fine though.

I'm glad to see how far cIOScorp has moved along though, great work and I can't wait until it is legal and can target certain features in the future.

13. marmon2

Newcomer marmon2 Member

United States
    Does this include stub IOS's.

14. Omega Knight

Member Omega Knight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "marcan, bushing,- for making DVDX and it's installer, which is included
    Erant, svpe in the cIOSCORP v3.5 package"
    Look who's calling who thieves. And you guys threaten people for "stealing" stuff you use to steal games. Anyone else see the irony?

15. damysteryman
    OP

Antarctica
    @marmon2
    Nope. No stubs.

16. WiiShizzza

Member WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Germany
    I see some bricks comming....
    Be carefull if you use that dirty peace of code...

17. Omega Knight

United States
    Same here. +1 WiiShizzza

18. damysteryman
    OP

Antarctica
    Haven't had a single brick during the entire test phase.

But then again, there's the disclaimer in the README:

19. Omega Knight

United States
    And then there's stuff like "if you choke on this apple I'm selling, GO BLAME YOUR NEIGHBOR".

20. marcan_troll

Member marcan_troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Awesome, violating Ninty's copyright and team twiizers' copyright. Hint: distributing the HackMii installer is not allowed.

Way to go to the gbatemp admins for allowing the autoresponder thing. Isn't it nice when all it takes to post illegal stuff is another layer of indirection? Maybe people should just start posting links to game torrents; after all, those aren't warez themselves.