Hacking cIOSCORP v3.4 Release!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...OK new question. Will I be able to continue use of CIOSCORP 3.4 if I use Waninkoko's 4.2 updater or will I have to wait for a CIOS patched IOS 70 or even a CIOSCORP 3.5?

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
LightyKD said:
...OK new question. Will I be able to continue use of CIOSCORP 3.4 if I use Waninkoko's 4.2 updater or will I have to wait for a CIOS patched IOS 70 or even a CIOSCORP 3.5?

wait for an IOS patched 70 just like when they released 4.0, we had to wait for a patched IOS60

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortune said:
LightyKD said:

wait for an IOS patched 70 just like when they released 4.0, we had to wait for a patched IOS60

Cool, that's what i figure would happen. now the only thorn in my side that's left is a lack of a "Startpatch" for 4.2

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually, I can confirm that if you hacked your System Menu 4.2 and installed Preloader, it's fine to install cIOSCorp 3.4 and it will work just fine, including disc channel loading.

I've tested it and using IOS60 to load SM4.2 works fine, if you change it to IOS70 you'll get "system files corrupted" message.

It's good to see we'll get an update for IOS70, but just so you know, it's not necessary.

Cheers.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
Actually, I can confirm that if you hacked your System Menu 4.2 and installed Preloader, it's fine to install cIOSCorp 3.4 and it will work just fine, including disc channel loading.

I've tested it and using IOS60 to load SM4.2 works fine, if you change it to IOS70 you'll get "system files corrupted" message.

It's good to see we'll get an update for IOS70, but just so you know, it's not necessary.

Cheers.

I take it that you have preloader loading the system menu to a different IOS other than 70? The IOS70 patch is still necessary because not everybody wants to use Preloader.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question....my copy of manhunt 2 (modified to show the gore!) shows up in the disc channel..but upon loading, im hit with "an error has occured"....when I copy the disc to my USB HDD....it works fine in USBLoader GX, WiiFlow,CoverFlow etc... but doesnt work through disc channel, gecko, or neogamma r7?? It's not really a big deal cuz it works through USB...but just wondering why
smile.gif

Thanks

(This happened when I went from corp 3.2 to 3.4)

Wii Specs:

4.1U
HBC 1.0.3
Preloader 0.29
CiosCorp 3.4
Bootmii/Boot2||IOS

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LightyKD said:
I take it that you have preloader loading the system menu to a different IOS other than 70? The IOS70 patch is still necessary because not everybody wants to use Preloader.

Why wouldn't you want to install PreLoader
blink.gif

Anyways, we all make our own choices. I'll go ahead and try to install cIOSCorp over SM 4.2 without PreLoader and see if that works.

Cheers.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
LightyKD said:

Why wouldn't you want to install PreLoader
blink.gif

Anyways, we all make our own choices. I'll go ahead and try to install cIOSCorp over SM 4.2 without PreLoader and see if that works.

Cheers.

I dont install preloader because preloader blocks my wii from blue lighting when I receive a Wii message. If I want brick protection, I use bootmii

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nknave said:
I'll go ahead and try to install cIOSCorp over SM 4.2 without PreLoader and see if that works.

OK, Installing cIOSCorp v3.4 just like that doesn't work at all, because we will need the cIOS70. Anyhow, I'm happy to be using cIOSCorp right now on my SM4.2 using Preloader
smileipb2.png

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Riicky said:
just a quick question....my copy of manhunt 2 (modified to show the gore!) shows up in the disc channel..but upon loading, im hit with "an error has occured"....when I copy the disc to my USB HDD....it works fine in USBLoader GX, WiiFlow,CoverFlow etc... but doesnt work through disc channel, gecko, or neogamma r7?? It's not really a big deal cuz it works through USB...but just wondering why
smile.gif

Thanks

Wii Specs:

4.1U
HBC 1.0.3
Preloader 0.29
CiosCorp 3.4
Bootmii/Boot2||IOS

it shows in system menu because you have the dip in ios60, but when the game calls for it own ios it must not be patched (not sure what ios manhunt 2 needs) or the ios it calls for does not have the trucha bug,
try reinstalling cioscorp

EDIT

or try patching your iso to use ios249

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
Riicky said:
smile.gif

Thanks

Wii Specs:

4.1U
HBC 1.0.3
Preloader 0.29
CiosCorp 3.4
Bootmii/Boot2||IOS

it shows in system menu because you have the dip in ios60, but when the game calls for it own ios it must not be patched (not sure what ios manhunt 2 needs) or the ios it calls for does not have the trucha bug,
try reinstalling cioscorp

EDIT

or try patching your iso to use ios249

Easiest way of figuring out which IOS your game uses is by loading it with softchip loader. it tells you which IOS is being loaded while you start your game.

vwvr6_1998

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question???

Currently have cIOSCORP v3.3 installed. I don't have any preloader or bootmii/Hackmii installed. I was thinking of adding at least bootmii/Hackmii, to help protect against brick. Should I use the cIOSCORP v3.4 unistall, then setup bootmii, then install 3.4 again? or should I follow these procedures http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182894&st=0

Thanks for the help!!

Oh...if I remember correct my wii is running system menu 3.2 or 3.3. I know its not 4.X.

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the Homebrew Channel is flipped upside down, I fix it, and decide that this is childish and outright retarded. I've never modified an IOS before, but I'm going to go ahead and do it. I mean, I bought all three Metroid Prime games separately. Anyone who thinks I should shell out more money to play games I already bought presented the way they should have been in the first place is out of their mind. That's the nicest thing I can say, you're just fucking nuts. So, my intention is to take the cIOS36 with the r12 dip for dual layer discs and patch it to IOS244 (Because D in hex is 44, like I need a reason). I've got my .wad pulled apart and I'm digging through the ASM, but I kind of suck at this sort of thing. Does anyone have a suggestion for a starting point?

Edit: I've got it done and installed now. I'm going to pick up some dual layer dvds tomorrow so that I can test it. I'll post my results.

Edit: Maybe there really isn't a place in this town where I can buy the discs I need.

tigermark182

Trophies
XP
Country
i have got cioscorp 3.4 working on the new system menu 4.2. i dont know if anyone else has tried this, but what i did was edited the tmd of the new system menu to use cioscorps cios 60. now it works, simple yet effective, if anyone knows of any ill effects i might get from doing this please let me know. if the info helped in any way please let me know also

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vwvr6_1998 said:
Quick Question???

Currently have cIOSCORP v3.3 installed. I don't have any preloader or bootmii/Hackmii installed. I was thinking of adding at least bootmii/Hackmii, to help protect against brick. Should I use the cIOSCORP v3.4 unistall, then setup bootmii, then install 3.4 again? or should I follow these procedures http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182894&st=0

Thanks for the help!!

Oh...if I remember correct my wii is running system menu 3.2 or 3.3. I know its not 4.X.

Could someone please answer to this post?
I'd like to know the answer too !
Many thanks.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Melik said:
vwvr6_1998 said:
Quick Question???

Thanks for the help!!

Could someone please answer to this post?
I'd like to know the answer too !
Many thanks.

Run Det1re´s Uncorp(google it) it will replace each cIOSCORP IOS with an original from NUS. When finished you can use Hackmii installer. Then if you really need, install cIOSCORP.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget that. You only need to use DoP-IOS to
1)Install the older version of IOS30, and
2)install the latest version of IOS61 with NO PATCHES

That's it. Hackmii installer will run, and HBC won't give you problems either.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
If I boot up the wii with any retail gc game in the drive it will give the "An error has occurred...." a few seconds after the sys menu loads.
If I start up the wii without it, everything works fine but as soon as I insert a retail gc game the message shows. I can still load the gc games through gamma though.
I've got custom mios v2 from wiigator installed and cioscorp v3.4.
I know cioscorp causes this because if I uninstall cioscorp this doesn't happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc