Hacking cIOSCORP v3.4 Release!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
Yeah, urherenow, i know that, but an automated way instead of having to do it manually would be nice.

You can make an automated way yourself. All the cIOSCORP installer does is install all of the WAD files in the cIOSCORP directory download all of the IOS files using NUS downloader and when you want to 'uninstall' cIOSCORP, just drop them into the folder (and remove the modified ones) and run the installer.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
Yeah, urherenow, i know that, but an automated way instead of having to do it manually would be nice.

You can make an automated way yourself. All the cIOSCORP installer does is install all of the WAD files in the cIOSCORP directory. Download all of the IOS files using NUS downloader and when you want to 'uninstall' cIOSCORP, just drop them into the folder (and remove the modified ones) and run the installer.

Kirb94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the cIOSCORP wads from the SoftMii 3.0 package. I also have the cMIOS installed. I used assassda's guide to do this and downloaded the sofmii 3.0 pack from their site before it was changed to gamingexposed.com. To upgrade to 3.4, do I just run the installer?

And I know you mentioned it, but are there any recommendations for region free hacks to load imports in the disc channel?

Thanks

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the installer should overwrite the Cios's that you have installed from Softmii package. Never uninstall any ios unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. Also if you can make sure bootmii is set as boot2 and make a backup of your exsisting nand just in case something should go wrong. Hope this helps ya out.

RolfThiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st of all - THANKS so much for this 3.4 version.
Everything went fine and we got our System up and running (incl. MPlayer, USB, etc.) ...

Only thing that doesn't work for us so far is Guitar Hero 5 - Wii tells us that it can't read the disc

We are now on cIOSCORP v3.4 - before we hav 3.2E, rev13b - didn't change anything else so far.

I've read something about another IOS that needs to be patched - any detailed information for that?

Thanks in advance for any useful help on that topic!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues with a few games and I'm not sure if it's one of my Startpatch hacks or if its actually CIOSCORP 3.4. I have 80 games and not enough time to test them all so, so far I tested the first 32 games so I will list the ones that are giving me black screens so far.

Big Brain Academy
DDR Disney Groves
Wii Sports (Original Disc)
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Play
Sim City Creator
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Trauma Center Second Opinion
The Simpsons Game
Super Smash Bros (blackscreened on my SDTV but not on HDTV)

...OK so the games listed above give me a black screen when trying to start the game from the Disc Channel... Is it Startpatch or CIOSCORP, may someone please test for me?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you just say that your ORIGINAL Wii Sports DID NOT WORK!? Holy crap! How did you manage that!? I'm guessing it's because of a startpatch hack. If you have the Force Disc Region hack on, disable it and see what happens. Try disabling all of your startpatch hacks. Also make sure that the games are using the same region and video moda as your wii. I have 61 Games And they all work (my MKWii was burned onto a DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM).

Hope this fixes your problem. I've obtained StartPatch source, and I'm going to try porting my preloader hacks.ini to startpatch.
Also, I was hoping to release cIOSCORP v3.5 by the end of the month, but that doesn't seem to be happening as waninkoko has not released the fixed DIP yet. I've asked him for it, but he hasn't replied.
I have, however, added Korean wii and disc support and a RawkSD fix is being tested. Do you guys think these 2 things are enough to release another cIOSCORP?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Did you just say that your ORIGINAL Wii Sports DID NOT WORK!? Holy crap! How did you manage that!? I'm guessing it's because of a startpatch hack. If you have the Force Disc Region hack on, disable it and see what happens. Try disabling all of your startpatch hacks. Also make sure that the games are using the same region and video moda as your wii. I have 61 Games And they all work (my MKWii was burned onto a DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM).

Hope this fixes your problem. I've obtained StartPatch source, and I'm going to try porting my preloader hacks.ini to startpatch.
Also, I was hoping to release cIOSCORP v3.5 by the end of the month, but that doesn't seem to be happening as waninkoko has not released the fixed DIP yet. I've asked him for it, but he hasn't replied.
I have, however, added Korean wii and disc support and a RawkSD fix is being tested. Do you guys think these 2 things are enough to release another cIOSCORP?

Thank you! It was the very Startpatch hack you was talking about. I only had it on for PAL games on my NTSC unit but after trying out "Another Code R" (PAL), it looks like I didn't need that code on after all!

beast666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
ok thanks

now I see the new hackmii installer and it has the new DVDx so does it DVDX its compatible withs this version of cioscorp??

thaks for the help

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Problem.

The NEW Homebrew Channel (released 09/30) now shows upside down when you are using IOS 36 from CIOSCORP 3.4 but if you replace that IOS 36 with a normal one it displays right side up. Anybody have any ideas what could be done to fix this? or will we have to play all IOS 36 games from a backup loader?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not new. It's been doing that since 1.0.4. The problem and answer is already in many threads on this site if you bothered to use the search button.

use DoP-IOS to install an UNPATCHED version of IOS36.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
not new. It's been doing that since 1.0.4. The problem and answer is already in many threads on this site if you bothered to use the search button.

use DoP-IOS to install an UNPATCHED version of IOS36.

I already know that but with a unpatched IOS 36 installed that means that ALL IOS 36 related games will not load from the disc channel. I'm looking for IOS61. I read that installing that and putting the HBC on IOS 61 should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free