Hacking cIOSCORP removal and putting on hbc help

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so i am obviously a newb.... my friend hacked my wii, and then i did a bit of research and then hacked someone elses wii, with no problems. i got everything working for him with system menu 4.1.
i dont know much about the stuff for my wii, and i just wanted to have the option of putting wads onto my SD card and load them off of there, so i performed a system update only to clear HBC, and ONLY because on a wiki page, it said that 4.1 was still the latest update....well, wiki fucked me. its 4.2, so i couldnt install hbc. i found out that there was a way around it with indiana pwns, that didn't work because turns out my friend installed cIOSCORP, or at least i think he did, because indiana pwns gives me the error "There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this wii". i was looking at ways to try to get rid of cIOSCOPR, and i saw something called "DOP-IOS", do i need homebrew channel to load this? and since i am a newb, who do i use this, what do i do? and if this isn't an option for me, is there anything else i can do?

thanks in advance.

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont have homebrew channel anymore, i cant even put it on through the indiana pwns method with bannerbomb. i was wondering if there is another way to fix my ios problem, because of that "no known vulnerable ios for wii" problem.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to load a wad manager (1.5 perhaps?) that lets you choose the IOS it uses Save the boot.dol from the root of your SD card somewhere (it's the hackmii installer) and place the wad manager in the root and name it boot.dol.

You will need an unpatched wad of IOS35 or IOS36 in the WAD directory of the SD as well.

I think someone said that IOS250 was untouched by the update so try to select IOS250 when loading the wad manager, and pray to god that 1) you HAVE an IOS250 on that Wii, and 2)the wad manager actually works.

If all is well, you want to select one (or both, 1 at a time) of the IOS WAD files and first uninstall it, then immediately install it without rebooting or pressing the home button or anything.
This will give you a vulnerable IOS hackmii can use. But to keep it... you still need preloader .30 installed with the new 4.2 hack that stops the HAXX check and what not.

I haven't been able to get my hands on preloader .30 yet so I'm not gonna try myself...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NUS downloader. Grab them directly from Nintendo and there's no question
tongue.gif

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i downloaded wad manager 1.5, and i have no idea how to get wad manager 1.5 to boot without hbc.

i put the wad manager boot.dol file to the root of the sd card, and i didn't know how to get it to execute, so i did the indiana pwns trick to try to get it to load, but said it wasnt a elf file, so i renamed it to elf, and it said it wasnt a valid elf image.

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks dude, so it looks like i have everything ready. what about this preloader .30 though? i can only find a video on it. do i absolutely need it? any thoughts of where i could grab this?

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant seem to get the command promt working for the conversion of dol to elf.

i can get to the folder, but the command "write now: doltool.exe-e boot.dol" doesnt work. any ideas?

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C:\>write now: doltool.exe -e boot.dol
C:\>write now: doltool.exe-e boot.dol
C:\>write now: doltool -e boot.dol
C:\>write now: doltool-e boot.dol

none work :\

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm... did you actually GET a doltool.exe from the .zip file? I'm not. Looks like it's a broken archive now.

if you actually found doltool.exe, then you do not type "write now:"

Have you EVER used a command line before? it would be

"c:\doltool -e boot.dol"

without the ""

if you don't have doltool.exe, then you don't even need to try.

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oops my mistake. no there isnt an exe file.

and no i have never used command promt before.

i tried c:\doltool -e boot.dol and it doesnt work

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i downloaded that from the first time you posted it. sorry, haha it was an exe file.
but i still cant get it working. i put everything to c drive, right at the root.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you didn't. I posted a different site last time and the .exe file was not in the .zip file. This new link has the doltool.exe file you're looking for.

then again I'm not sure if it will work for you anyway.

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't bother helping you. No offense but the way I see your level of knowledge makes me think you will brick your Wii trying to listen to me. I think you should just wait a few days while easy 4.2 hacking methods get released.

in the meantime, you should seriously read everything on the first sticky thread of this forum
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=0

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha, no offense taken really. but dude, its the same zip file. both contained the exe file, and both dont work for me. but i will just wait i guess

and by waiting a few days, do you mean when they update the hackmii installer? or something else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O