Hacking CiosCorp 3.5 Failure

Mossat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to install cioscorp 3.5 as per instructions and all the files failed and had error. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 4.1u softmodded wii. Errors are 1029 and 2013. Not a single one installs. Thanks

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
im not sure, but isnt CIOS 3.5 for 4.2 only? considering that 4.2 added some new IOS's & 3.5 is supposed to modify those. if you dont have 4.2 then CIOSCORp wont be able to replace them cause they dont exist on the console. of course dont quote me im most likely wrong. i dont know much about the wii's file system.

Mossat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:
Do you have Waninkoko's CIOS installed?
I'm not sure...I modded this wii in September following 2 different guides and I don't remember but I do see the apps cios installer so I'm going to say yes.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mossat said:
Sachka said:
You sure you got the folder that contain the wads in the root?
Everything is in the apps folder.

DUDE put the cioscorp wad folder in the root. THAT is your problem.

Dont listen what others folks say about cioscorp. Its pretty safe by now... you see you messed up the folders
wink.gif
and just got install error, your wii didnt explode...

DeathClown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the official release or the crappy leaked beta version? It works just fine for me on my 4.1u. It is really irritating how people seem to dis on CORP when they don't even use it. If you can't get it to work, maybe just stick to usbloader and lose the disc loaders completely.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm... I haven't seen errors -1029 or -2013 before...

Make sure you have cIOS249 installed. It's required for the installer to run properly.

You could try installing them one by one with wad manager if the installer doesn't work properly for you.

Mossat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I haven't had time to try it tonight but yes i think the problem is the placement of the folders. I know alot of ppl are bashing the cioscorp but I had used it at the beginning and then when I got PAL games I started using neogamma. Now all was well and everything was great until GH5 came on the scene. I couldn't get it to run and had a hard time getting it together since I'm not all that experienced. Now the GH5 was a copy I got from a buddy who said he couldn't get it to work on his system. Well after a long battle I realized that this was a pal version and finally after downloading of a torrent a package to "fix" the GH5 problem I got it to work. Instead of multicios ios 37 in 232, I did it in 249 and got it to work. Now gamma worked up to when I selected a song then went to "can't read disc see manual". I tried it in softchip r99 and it worked for 1 song and did the same thing. After resetting and reloading it finally kept working. I think there is a problem with the disc that he gave me. It worked better once I cleaned it. So after hours of trying to get this to run and install this and install that, I think CIOScorp is the easy way to since it runs from disc channel and so far all games tested work great except for 3. And for kids it's hard for them to run it any other way because they don't understand neogamma and softchip.
Now back to the this CIoscorp thing, I am currently using preloader 0.29 and I was wondering if I should upgrade it to something else and if so how? Just cautious I don't want to brick my wii. I know I sound like a noob but I'm trying to be cautious. Now the other thing is when I did all this I couldn't get the boot2 to work so is preloader kind of the same thing?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DeathClown said:
Are you using the official release or the crappy leaked beta version? It works just fine for me on my 4.1u. It is really irritating how people seem to dis on CORP when they don't even use it.
There's a reason for that you know.
wink.gif
It does seem risky to a lot of people when there are far easier ways of playing a backup game that don't really risk anything.

lobfredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dmon84 said:
If used right, cIOSCORP is the best softmod available.

Totally Agreed! it is not like the other loaders that brick u if the disc has many scratches.
example: Neogamma reads the dvd, Getting game id etc, and attemting to boot, it fails because the disc has too many scratches, after reboot ur wii is Toast! (u can enter preloader and HBC but the ONLY way to unbrick it is restoring the nand)

I have experienced this many times, not just on my wii.

When i start a scratched disc with cIOSCORP it just say: An error as occurred, please eject the disc and bla bla bla...

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lobfredd said:
Dmon84 said:

Totally Agreed! it is not like the other loaders that brick u if the disc has many scratches.
example: Neogamma reads the dvd, Getting game id etc, and attemting to boot, it fails because the disc has too many scratches, after reboot ur wii is Toast! (u can enter preloader and HBC but the ONLY way to unbrick it is restoring the nand)

When i start a scratched disc with cIOSCORP it just say: An error as occurred, please eject the disc and bla bla bla...
No, I'm pretty sure you just fail. Not as much as cIOSCORP, but you fail.

cIOSCORP bricks if the disc has too many scratches or not.
tongue.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lobfredd said:
Dmon84 said:

Honestly why on earth would a Wii brick just because a game couldn´t start !?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol