Hacking cIOS rev14 bug list

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say the Conduit was dual layer. Dr. Clipper did.

And I didn't say the opening video give errors. I said the "How to Play" and OTHER (ie SSE) videos that's located on the second layer gives errors.

AND I also said to try playing a non-modified DVD5 version of SSBB.

Please re-read what I said.

Mantis41 said:
Doesn't the DVD5 version have most of the video content removed, so you just get the same couple of Vids over and over.
That's on a modified DVD5 version of SSBB. Either use the "internal" DVD5 release or find a way to "trim" off the DVD9 into a DVD5 without modifying the videos and you'll see the error occur at the same place as playing SSBB via HDD using rev14.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Lookie401 said:
I didn't say the Conduit was dual layer. Dr. Clipper did.

And I didn't say the opening video give errors. I said the "How to Play" and OTHER (ie SSE) videos that's located on the second layer gives errors.

AND I also said to try playing a non-modified DVD5 version of SSBB.

Please re-read what I said.

Mantis41 said:
Doesn't the DVD5 version have most of the video content removed, so you just get the same couple of Vids over and over.
That's on a modified DVD5 version of SSBB. Either use the "internal" DVD5 release or find a way to "trim" off the DVD9 into a DVD5 without modifying the videos and you'll see the error occur at the same place as playing SSBB via HDD using rev14.

dvd5 is the modded version as the original is on a dvd9 disk

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously guys, I met this guy one time that had an unmodified DVD5 of SSBB. I also slammed my finger on the screen door on my submarine. But my mom let me have my cake and eat it too, so I felt better.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mantis41 said:
bootsector said:
Tried to play the How to Play video from my DVD5 version and it didn't crash. It just played the default samus video.

Yes, I followed a tutorial for converting my original DVD9 to DVD5. And by using the tools I've used, all videos are removed and the same samus video is played when video playing is requested!
smile.gif

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
dvd5 is the modded version as the original is on a dvd9 disk
NOT as in modified the video so it's playable. The DVD5 I'm talking about is back in the days where the ISO ripper program from an LG drive could only ripped from the first layer.

Or just look for "Dairantou_Smash_Brothers_X_INTERNAL_JAP_WII-TMD" and you'll know what I'm talking about.
OR use this tool to cut/remove the second layer of any SSBB version. Video will NOT be modified thus this will make it like the above internal release with the missing second layer.

Now try playing THAT DVD5 and then on the HDD with rev14. The error occur at the same place.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the point Lookie401 is trying to make is, this looks to be a game specific problem and has nothing to do with whether the image was ripped from a DVD5 or DVD9 format.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's only related to the question if a game is a single layer or a dual layer image. But enough of SSBB, i have enough information about that already and i'm able to provide Waninkoko with more info if required myself.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for going "off-topic" as some people think I was doing but I was making a point about rev14 and with any current and future dual layer games (if any) play via HDD. I'm glad some people understand what I'm trying to say as I was only trying to help explain what cause the problem. I guess this is all said and done now.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
So we can we expect a new version rev14?

I was thinking, it may be better if wanakoko released his cios as a open public beta for few weeks, so any new bugs could ve discovered. eg release cios rev 14 beta, give it some time with every one, fix any new bugs that previous revs didnt have, then release rev 14 final or such.

Since rev 10, every revision has some new stuff added, but also had new problem previous revs didnt. Im still sticking with rev 10, its stable, its fast, the only thing its does not have is extra usb port, which I dont need.

cyatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misteromar said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
So we can we expect a new version rev14?

I was thinking, it may be better if wanakoko released his cios as a open public beta for few weeks, so any new bugs could ve discovered. eg release cios rev 14 beta, give it some time with every one, fix any new bugs that previous revs didnt have, then release rev 14 final or such.

Since rev 10, every revision has some new stuff added, but also had new problem previous revs didnt. Im still sticking with rev 10, its stable, its fast, the only thing its does not have is extra usb port, which I dont need.

I have a question. I have rev14 and want to go back to rev10. Can I just install rev10 over rev14? I've done that with rev12, rev13a, & rev13b, but I seem to recall something about not going back to rev10 if you'r on rev13. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cyatic

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EnigmaXtreme said:
I just tried playing Madworld via USB and got the new 002 BSOS

002 is not a bug, and nowhere near a problem. You are here at GBAtemp the source for almost everything wii backup related and you can't fix that???

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
I just tried playing Madworld via USB and got the new 002 BSOS

002 is not a bug, and nowhere near a problem. You are here at GBAtemp the source for almost everything wii backup related and you can't fix that???

Wiipower is right... You are asking for things what is told so many times... Just do your homework and you will find the clou yourself.....

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EnigmaXtreme said:
But before i installed rev14 i didnt get 002 error with Madworld

As of rev14, 002 error handling is entirely done by the loader, not the cIOS anymore. Please check your loader configurations.

Sleepwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just tested Mario Kart and MadWorld on my PAL-Wii with cIOS 14 (IOS 249) and USB Loader GX rev 663M.
Both worked fine (Starting to play MadWorld and driving one whole race in MK).
I don't have SSB, but I think it's clear that there is some trouble with it...

PS: cIOS 9 (which I had before) worked also fine with both games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA