Hacking cIOS rev14 bug list

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some specific steps to make conduit glitch, I have played it twice now with rev 14 and usb loader gx with no issue in the multiplayer menu, played online fine, shutdown and repeat.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@WiiPower: Please add the fact that SSBB may hang during the How to Play video as well, if left at the splash screen. I have a strong suspicion that many of these confirmations that it works fine are simply watching the intro and stopping.

@Those with SSBB 'working': just leave your Wii at the splash screen for about 15 minutes and see if any of the videos that run crash. After the intro, it will play a sample fight, then the How to Play and so on. Don't assume that the intro working means that you aren't experiencing this bug.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
@WiiPower: Please add the fact that SSBB may hang during the How to Play video as well, if left at the splash screen. I have a strong suspicion that many of these confirmations that it works fine are simply watching the intro and stopping.

@Those with SSBB 'working': just leave your Wii at the splash screen for about 15 minutes and see if any of the videos that run crash. After the intro, it will play a sample fight, then the How to Play and so on. Don't assume that the intro working means that you aren't experiencing this bug.

yea, the intro video is working without a hitch for me. but the "how to play" video is where i get the disc read error.

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right ive been using the load from system menu with preloader set to 249 but if i go to my settings menu i get a black screen with music no option like sensor bar and all that.

But if i change the ios in preloader back to 60 or 30 it works fine.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what's the problem with SSBB.

Remember the "internal" DVD5 release of SSBB (or if you only burn "one layer" from the DVD9 version) where the game will give you an error if it tries to play a video from the second layer? Yeah, that's the problem with rev14. For some ODD reason it will only read the "first layer" of SSBB and gives error when it tries to read the "second layer". The "How to Play" video happen to be in where it goes from one layer to another.

Don't believe me, try playing other videos that's on the second layer and you'll get the same error. Then pop in a non-modified DVD5/single layer SSBB and do the same. The error will occur at the same place.

I didn't try the Conduit yet but I'm sure I'll get the same problem.

Oh, yes this is reading from the HDD. Playing via disc channel is fine (though I have a modchip).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Lookie401 said:

Remember the "internal" DVD5 release of SSBB (or if you only burn "one layer" from the DVD9 version) where the game will give you an error if it tries to play a video from the second layer? Yeah, that's the problem with rev14. For some ODD reason it will only read the "first layer" of SSBB and gives error when it tries to read the "second layer". The "How to Play" video happen to be in where it goes from one layer to another.

You could be on to something there! The Conduit and SSBB seem to be the only games with problems and they are also the only games with dual layers! Great deduction.

Hmm, If so, I wonder if ripping the game using rev 14 might fix the problem... Anybody want to try deleting the game from their drive and then ripping it from an original disc using rev 14 and then seeing if it still crashes?

QUOTE(EnigmaXtreme @ Jul 28 2009, 02:19 PM) It seems my USB Game channels dont wanna work properly
What version were you on before? Rev 9/10? If so, you may need to switch off any 002 fixes you were applying (which probably means reinstalling all of your channels). Also, check you are using the right USB port and all that stuff.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What version were you on before? Rev 9/10? If so, you may need to switch off any 002 fixes you were applying (which probably means reinstalling all of your channels). Also, check you are using the right USB port and all that stuff.

I was on 13b before and they were working fine and i havent touched the usb device in weeks

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lookie401 said:

Don't believe me, try playing other videos that's on the second layer and you'll get the same error. Then pop in a non-modified DVD5/single layer SSBB and do the same. The error will occur at the same place.

I didn't try the Conduit yet but I'm sure I'll get the same problem.

Oh, yes this is reading from the HDD. Playing via disc channel is fine (though I have a modchip).

Conduit is a single layer game, there must be another reason.
The opening animation sequence of SSBB is completely in the first layer, and it doesn´t mattter as there is no such thing as layerbreak if started from hdd if the image is dumped correctly, which it is as they run fine on cios < 14.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Happy to report... NO PROBLEMS! Rev14

SSBB, doesn't crash AT ALL! I played online, did SSE, Classic mode, and even let the opening video play for 30 minutes!

Conduit, runs perfectly!

all run with Configurable USB Loader (as for some reason, USBLoaderGX is code dumping on me after the last update-- nothing to do with 14)

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
@Wiipower :
DVD9 image on USBLOADERCfg-->Crash on video intro
DVD5 burnt on NeoGamma6-->works (same for how to play intro).
DVD5 on USBLoaderCfg --> must test it when I'll be at home (Damn, I want holidays !!)

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried to play the How to Play video from my DVD5 version and it didn't crash. It just played the default samus video.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R2-D2199 said:
The Conduit - Multiplayer: Searching.

Tested: PAL
Tested with: USB Loader GX
Reproduce: Search for a Game.
Problem: Pointer freeze at searching. Searching takes long (can also be my internet connection). Searching doesn´t finish (15 minutes), player names are displayed.
Notes: The same with Hermes cIOS. Worked perfect with cIOS rev13a.
It was the internet connection.
I played this morning perfect with rev14.
In the Menu are a few lags but less than with rev13.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootsector said:
Tried to play the How to Play video from my DVD5 version and it didn't crash. It just played the default samus video.
Doesn't the DVD5 version have most of the video content removed, so you just get the same couple of Vids over and over.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Tested: PAL (my own dump)
Tested with: cLoader 1.5t1, NeoGamma R6, WiiFlow
Reproduce: Start the game and watch the intro movie
Problem: Error message during intro
Notes: Worked with cIOS rev12. DVD9 version, as it is my own iso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Make sure you smack my booty daddy +1