Hacking cIOS rev14 bug list

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
my sd card is 16Gb sdhc

there is two patition on my sd card.

one is fat32 on first partition. another is wbfs partition.

on cios rev13

everything work.

on cios rev14

configurable usb loader can't recognize the wbfs partitition ,

show 30 second time out,then reboot.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
I was having a lot of problems trying to get my USB microphones to work my Wii USB Loader ... I was using cIOS36 rev10 and Configurable USB Loader v37

AFAIK the mics won't work if you're using rev10 as rev10 blocks all usb ports apart from the USB HDD. You need rev12 (or newer) to get the mics working

QUOTE(r3dcat @ Jul 30 2009, 06:47 AM) I have just installed cIOS38 rev14 (no additional updates/patches - I do not have Hermes 222/223 mload installed) and it looks like it has resolved the issue at least partially for me! ... I say partially because I have dual mics with a usb adapter but at the moment it only functions as a single mic ... both mics are not detected
frown.gif

I have the same problem - it sounds like you have the same mics as me (bought off eBay and they come with what looks like a Singstar 'dongle').In my case, I firmly believe that this was 'false' advertising of item on eBay at least as far as the Wii functionality is concerned. Even with both mics plugged in they're are only recognised as one mic. So, yes, 2 players can sing at the same time but not in "duet" or "co-op" mode.

I think (but haven't been able to confirm this yet) that in order to play duet mode in Sing It titles (via USB Loader) then you either need (a) 3 USB ports on the Wii or (b) a USB hub. Clearly (a) isn't possible so it's down to (b). So far I have only tested plugging my mic into a USB hub and this works in the same way as if the mic was connected directly. I don't have a 2nd mic to test whether adding that to the hub will make the Wii see 2 seperate mics.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So to summarize, it's only the ssbb issue, still missing spindown fix for "bad" HDDs and multiplayer problems in The Conduit which are only confirmed by half the people who tested it.

All other issues were reported improperly and/or not 100% trustworthy. If you have a problem with cIOSrev14, do enough tests to be able to point at rev14 to be the problem and provide lots of informations!.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
r3dcat said:
I have just installed cIOS38 rev14 (no additional updates/patches - I do not have Hermes 222/223 mload installed) and it looks like it has resolved the issue at least partially for me! ... I say partially because I have dual mics with a usb adapter but at the moment it only functions as a single mic ... both mics are not detected
frown.gif

I have the same problem - it sounds like you have the same mics as me (bought off eBay and they come with what looks like a Singstar 'dongle').In my case, I firmly believe that this was 'false' advertising of item on eBay at least as far as the Wii functionality is concerned. Even with both mics plugged in they're are only recognised as one mic. So, yes, 2 players can sing at the same time but not in "duet" or "co-op" mode.

I think (but haven't been able to confirm this yet) that in order to play duet mode in Sing It titles (via USB Loader) then you either need (a) 3 USB ports on the Wii or (b) a USB hub. Clearly (a) isn't possible so it's down to (b). So far I have only tested plugging my mic into a USB hub and this works in the same way as if the mic was connected directly. I don't have a 2nd mic to test whether adding that to the hub will make the Wii see 2 seperate mics.

The issue of dual microphones with a single usb adapter for the Wii is confusing! ... It looks like there are plenty marketed/sold as "compatible" for the Wii but after scouring online forums for info I have only come across confirmations from people that their "dual" mic is only seen as a "single" mic by the Wii ... I have not come across one reference yet of anyone claiming to have a "dual" mic with single usb adapter recognised as two mics on their Wii
frown.gif
... the suggestion seems to be that for two mics to work at the same time they need to be connected through two separate usb ports ... I guess in theory for it to work properly with the adapter it would need to function as a two port usb hub which by the sounds of things many or most of these adapters do not!
frown.gif
... As a side note I plugged my "dual" mic with adapter to my pc and my pc only sees it as a single mic also!

Next thing I will try probably tomorrow is buying a 4 port usb hub with external power supply (AU$8) and another (dual) mic (AU$28) and connect the two separate (dual) mics through two separated usb connections on the usb hub ... in theory this should work ... USB drive with games partition (WBFS) on Wii usb port0 and usb hub on wii usb port1 ... soooo much pain to get two stupid mics to work at the same time! ... almost wish I haven’t bothered in the first place! I’m not even going to be using them myself, its just for mygirlfriend and her kids!
smile.gif
... Anyway, I will post here with my results if successful for others trying the same thing.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does any of you with the dual mic adapters have a retail disc? If yes, does it work with the retail disc launched from disc channel? If no, does it work with IOS37 when launched with IOS57?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
The issue of dual microphones with a single usb adapter for the Wii is confusing! ... It looks like there are plenty marketed/sold as "compatible" for the Wii but after scouring online forums for info I have only come across confirmations from people that their "dual" mic is only seen as a "single" mic by the Wii ... I have not come across one reference yet of anyone claiming to have a "dual" mic with single usb adapter recognised as two mics on their Wii
frown.gif
... the suggestion seems to be that for two mics to work at the same time they need to be connected through two separate usb ports ... I guess in theory for it to work properly with the adapter it would need to function as a two port usb hub which by the sounds of things many or most of these adapters do not!
frown.gif
... As a side note I plugged my "dual" mic with adapter to my pc and my pc only sees it as a single mic also!

The set of mics I have have a "Singstar" look and feel - complete with black dongle and the red and blue banding but it sounds like they are the same as what you've described. My dongle even has a "PS3/Singstar/360" v "Wii" switch on it but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

r3dcat said:
Next thing I will try probably tomorrow is buying a 4 port usb hub with external power supply (AU$8) and another (dual) mic (AU$28) and connect the two separate (dual) mics through two separated usb connections on the usb hub ... in theory this should work ... USB drive with games partition (WBFS) on Wii usb port0 and usb hub on wii usb port1 ... soooo much pain to get two stupid mics to work at the same time! ... almost wish I haven’t bothered in the first place! I’m not even going to be using them myself, its just for mygirlfriend and her kids!
smile.gif
... Anyway, I will post here with my results if successful for others trying the same thing.

As I said earlier, I can confirm that the mics work when plugged in via a USB hub but I don't have another (dual) mic to test whether I will then have proper 'duet' playing working.

FYI you won't need a hub with ext power supply (I am using a cheapo £3 'self powered' hub off eBay and it's working fine). Incidently, contrary to what Nintendo claim is possible, my LAN adaptor is also running via the hub.

QUOTE(r3dcat @ Jul 31 2009, 03:22 PM)
Anyway, I will post here with my results if successful for others trying the same thing.

That would be good. If it works I will order another mic to keep my daughter and her friends happy.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- The Problem
cIOS rev 14 freezes the pointer while in the Wii Settings

- A minor problem
the Guitar Hero games give an 110 error when playing them VIA disc from the disc channel

-- What is installed --

- cIOS Rev 14
- CiosCorp 2 with corp 60bf file and 33,35,53,55 from CiosCorp 1 installed (used for disc loading from SD menu and to stop the 001 errors, which, the latter is negated on Rev 14 but works perfectly on Rev 8)
- Preloader set to IOS 249. someone told me that setting it to 60 would help the issue but doing that only gave me a "System Files Corrupted" error, forcing me to go back to 249

-- Explanation of the Issue --

When browsing the "Wii Settings" menu the pointer will disappear and the system will "freeze" with the music still playing but the controller can not be used to shut down and the reset button will not work, forcing a hard power down by holding the power button. Currently I'm back to Rev 8 but maybe this info will help someone.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chunan said:
Weird. I don't have SSBB problem on my rev14. Intro video runs well and I can play the game.

Try letting it play the intro animation, then LEAVE it alone and let it play the demo. See how long it will continue to work without touching it.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Does any of you with the dual mic adapters have a retail disc? If yes, does it work with the retail disc launched from disc channel? If no, does it work with IOS37 when launched with IOS57?

Sorry but I don't have a retail disc to test with ... only "Guitar Hero: World Tour (PAL)" and "Disney Sing It High School Musical 3 (PAL)" on USB Hard Drive at the moment!

QUOTE(AdamBrunt @ Aug 1 2009, 01:22 AM) The set of mics I have have a "Singstar" look and feel - complete with black dongle and the red and blue banding but it sounds like they are the same as what you've described. My dongle even has a "PS3/Singstar/360" v "Wii" switch on it but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

My "dual" mic is also "Singstar" look and feel - complete with black dongle and the red and blue banding ... and the dongle has a switch for "Wii/PS3/PS2/XBOX360" or "SINGSTAR" ... see scan of packaging attached

wiidualmic.jpg

chunan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hdhacker said:
chunan said:
Weird. I don't have SSBB problem on my rev14. Intro video runs well and I can play the game.

Try letting it play the intro animation, then LEAVE it alone and let it play the demo. See how long it will continue to work without touching it.

Sorry! Have you watched my recorded video clips?

Intro video can be played until the end.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
LightyKD said:
- The Problem

- A minor problem
the Guitar Hero games give an 110 error when playing them VIA disc from the disc channel

-- What is installed --

- cIOS Rev 14
- CiosCorp 2 with corp 60bf file and 33,35,53,55 from CiosCorp 1 installed (used for disc loading from SD menu and to stop the 001 errors, which, the latter is negated on Rev 14 but works perfectly on Rev 8)
- Preloader set to IOS 249. someone told me that setting it to 60 would help the issue but doing that only gave me a "System Files Corrupted" error, forcing me to go back to 249

When browsing the "Wii Settings" menu the pointer will disappear and the system will "freeze" with the music still playing but the controller can not be used to shut down and the reset button will not work, forcing a hard power down by holding the power button. Currently I'm back to Rev 8 but maybe this info will help someone.

You are on 4.0? I have the same exact issue when I'm on 4.0. I then upgraded to 4.1 by installing the system menu v449 downloaded via NUS downloader, and i can load the system menu with IOS60 via preloader setting (IOS60BF actually). Have no issue since then. You might want to give it a try.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat - those are the same ones I have got. Wiipower, I don't think it's a problem with loading the game from HDD more like the mics are being sold as allowing multiple player whereas what they actually do is allow 2 players to sing, as "player 1", at the same time.

Re SSBB: Is the problem only with the cut down DVD5 version, or with the full DVD9, or both ?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pip_X said:
LightyKD said:
- The Problem

- A minor problem

-- What is installed --

- cIOS Rev 14

You are on 4.0? I have the same exact issue when I'm on 4.0. I then upgraded to 4.1 by installing the system menu v449 downloaded via NUS downloader, and i can load the system menu with IOS60 via preloader setting (IOS60BF actually). Have no issue since then. You might want to give it a try.

I'm on System Menu 4.1

freemonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a similar problem.

Let the intro play, press 'A'. Title screen pops up, pressed to go to menu, but only a white screen pops up, and can not doing anything. Have to do a full shutdown to turn the console off.

Any help?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Pip_X said:
LightyKD said:
- The Problem

- A minor problem

-- What is installed --

- cIOS Rev 14

I'm on System Menu 4.1

When you get the system menu corrupt have you tried booting into preloader and then choosing load HBC then reinstalling preloader, I know one of the tuts I followed for loading backups from disc channel which involved cIOScorp that you needed to follow this step to get past the "system menu corrupt" error message, I have successfully done it on both 4.0U and 4.1U.

Also maybe unrelated, but I have found rev14 to be better than rev12 (I never used rev13 'cos of the reboot between games issue) and it seems to load games faster and doesn't stutter on the SMG intro movie.

Also to the person complaining about rev14 removing the 002 fix since they boot their USB games directly from game channels on the system menu, have you checked out Loadstructer it creates channels and has the option to enable a 002 Anti fix.

OOPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yet another SSBB error:

My specs:
BootMii Beta2, HBC 1.03, System Menu 3.1E, PAL, DVD9 SSBB, NeoGamma R6, CIOS rev14.

Error occurs:
As soon as I exit the first door on the first Kid Icarus level (Ie. The first level you go to after finishing the initial stadium levels at the beginning of story mode). Presents the same "An error has occurred, remove disc and restart Wii" others have reported.

I think that this is definitely a video-related issue.

I'm going to regression test on my Wii with CIOS 13b, 13 and 12 and see if I have any luck.

ajoesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.3E wii with Wiikey 2, HBC and Usb loader GX and cIOS rev 14 installed.

Tried to play SSBB tonight for the first time from an external HDD using usb loader GX and i can play the game but after i beat someone it comes up on the screen an error message and to remove disc....

I played using my full SSBB rip, dual layer (DVD 9), i have a mod chip so no need for a back loader and it plays fine, i created a new save point and then tried to load the save point via the HDD image and usb loader gx of SSBB and the same error pops up immediately i load a save game Error... please remove disc and power off Wii'

not sure hwy this is happening.

I have tried all cIOS versions 14, 13b, 13 etc, none work for SSBB for me

Its only this game though, so i can play if off the disc but would be nice to have a solution

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ajoesmith said:
I have a 3.3E wii with Wiikey 2, HBC and Usb loader GX and cIOS rev 14 installed.

Tried to play SSBB tonight for the first time from an external HDD using usb loader GX and i can play the game but after i beat someone it comes up on the screen an error message and to remove disc....

I played using my full SSBB rip, dual layer (DVD 9), i have a mod chip so no need for a back loader and it plays fine, i created a new save point and then tried to load the save point via the HDD image and usb loader gx of SSBB and the same error pops up immediately i load a save game Error... please remove disc and power off Wii'

not sure hwy this is happening.

I have tried all cIOS versions 14, 13b, 13 etc, none work for SSBB for me

Its only this game though, so i can play if off the disc but would be nice to have a solution

Try configurable USB Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?