Hacking cIOS rev13 freeze

wiiAVm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed cIOS Rev13 and the Neogamma launcher R4 and i put in super mario galaxy then i go to the launcher press B it reloads i go to the disc channel and after 2-3 secs my whole wii freezes i have to turn my wii off. It sometimes freezes when i'm at the system menu just depends on how fast i click the disc channel. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and how can i fix this.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good question. A similar thing happened to me when I upgraded from Cios Rev 8 to Cios Rev 9. Rev 9 would freeze my Wii @ the system menu so I used preloader ao get to the HBC and reinstalled Rev 8. Still using Rev 8. Honestly, unless someone can give me some major evidence on why Rev 13 is better then Rev 8, then and only then, will I upgrade my Cios

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
That's a good question. A similar thing happened to me when I upgraded from Cios Rev 8 to Cios Rev 9. Rev 9 would freeze my Wii @ the system menu so I used preloader ao get to the HBC and reinstalled Rev 8. Still using Rev 8. Honestly, unless someone can give me some major evidence on why Rev 13 is better then Rev 8, then and only then, will I upgrade my Cios

Major evidence? Umm, USB LOADING? More games work?

Honestly, if you are getting freeze-ups it is most likely something you did (installed) in the past. What would be the explanation of all of the people on this site (including myself) that run everything just fine with no freeze's?

To the original poster:

You are trying to reboot with hooks, and afaik that does not work in anything but firmware v3.2. I am guessing you are on a higher firmware. If so, forget loading the games from the disc channel and load them from inside of neogamma by pressing "A" after you insert a game. Also, remember there is a little bug in rev13 in which you have to reboot the wii after each game you play or the system will freeze.

wiiAVm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW 1st post and i get "Thats a good question" yes i agree cause everythings ok with rev8, 9, 10 but 13 my whole wii just freezes

@zektor My external HDD isn't compatible and as for it must be someting i did in the past il tell you exactly what iv done to my wii

1. downgrading my wii from 4.0 to 3.2
2. I followed This Guide to do so. All was well.
3. I put neo gamma R4 folder in the apps folder of my SD and i put cIOS38 folder in the apps folder of my SD
4. Went to homebrew channel and chose cIOS_rev13-install and it stalled fine then i run neo gamma R4 and well you know the rest.

Editing my post again

I got a game running but it was only because i pressed A insted off B so it doesn't run through the disc channel and it was fine then i tried Ghostbusters with the same method and it gets to where it tells you to put your wrist strap on and then freezes anyone know anything about this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Inflation and greed