cIOS rev13 freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by wiiAVm, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009

cIOS rev13 freeze by wiiAVm at 11:41 PM (1,167 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. wiiAVm
    OP

Newcomer wiiAVm Newbie

United Kingdom
    I just installed cIOS Rev13 and the Neogamma launcher R4 and i put in super mario galaxy then i go to the launcher press B it reloads i go to the disc channel and after 2-3 secs my whole wii freezes i have to turn my wii off. It sometimes freezes when i'm at the system menu just depends on how fast i click the disc channel. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and how can i fix this.

2. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    That's a good question. A similar thing happened to me when I upgraded from Cios Rev 8 to Cios Rev 9. Rev 9 would freeze my Wii @ the system menu so I used preloader ao get to the HBC and reinstalled Rev 8. Still using Rev 8. Honestly, unless someone can give me some major evidence on why Rev 13 is better then Rev 8, then and only then, will I upgrade my Cios

3. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Major evidence? Umm, USB LOADING? More games work?

Honestly, if you are getting freeze-ups it is most likely something you did (installed) in the past. What would be the explanation of all of the people on this site (including myself) that run everything just fine with no freeze's?

To the original poster:

You are trying to reboot with hooks, and afaik that does not work in anything but firmware v3.2. I am guessing you are on a higher firmware. If so, forget loading the games from the disc channel and load them from inside of neogamma by pressing "A" after you insert a game. Also, remember there is a little bug in rev13 in which you have to reboot the wii after each game you play or the system will freeze.

4. wiiAVm
    OP

Newcomer wiiAVm Newbie

United Kingdom
    WOW 1st post and i get "Thats a good question" yes i agree cause everythings ok with rev8, 9, 10 but 13 my whole wii just freezes

@zektor My external HDD isn't compatible and as for it must be someting i did in the past il tell you exactly what iv done to my wii

1. downgrading my wii from 4.0 to 3.2
    2. I followed This Guide to do so. All was well.
    3. I put neo gamma R4 folder in the apps folder of my SD and i put cIOS38 folder in the apps folder of my SD
    4. Went to homebrew channel and chose cIOS_rev13-install and it stalled fine then i run neo gamma R4 and well you know the rest.

Editing my post again

I got a game running but it was only because i pressed A insted off B so it doesn't run through the disc channel and it was fine then i tried Ghostbusters with the same method and it gets to where it tells you to put your wrist strap on and then freezes anyone know anything about this.