Hacking cIOS rev 20 info that looks awesome!

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source: http://twitter.com/hackinblack & http://twitter.com/scrumbleyj

# Slots! 3:37 PM Apr 17th via choqoK

# @scrumbleyj What do you think it means? 11:14 AM Apr 19th via choqoK in reply to scrumbleyj

# @scrumbleyj You are correct. about 11 hours ago via choqoK in reply to scrumbleyj

# @hackinblack and, like every other one of your followers, I am hoping that it means that great things are coming soon! about 21 hours ago via web

# @hackinblack Install cIOS with different bases into different slots. Selecting 38 base at 249, 37 base at 251, 57 base at 252 and etc. about 21 hours ago via web

So it's going to be IOS 249,250,251, & 252 etc.

I think this cIOS is going to be one of the best cIOS' ever if everything works.

This means USB Loaders,Triiforce,SNEEK,applications,etc. will have to change the program to load other IOS' for cIOS' I do hope this will block off IOS reloading on USB Loaders & DVD's.

D

Deleted member 180466

TrapperKeeperX said:
Source: http://twitter.com/hackinblack & http://twitter.com/scrumbleyj

# Slots! 3:37 PM Apr 17th via choqoK

# @scrumbleyj What do you think it means? 11:14 AM Apr 19th via choqoK in reply to scrumbleyj

# @scrumbleyj You are correct. about 11 hours ago via choqoK in reply to scrumbleyj

# @hackinblack and, like every other one of your followers, I am hoping that it means that great things are coming soon! about 21 hours ago via web

# @hackinblack Install cIOS with different bases into different slots. Selecting 38 base at 249, 37 base at 251, 57 base at 252 and etc. about 21 hours ago via web

So it's going to be IOS 249,250,251, & 252 etc.

I think this cIOS is going to be one of the best cIOS' ever if everything works.

This means USB Loaders,Triiforce,SNEEK,applications,etc. will have to change the program to load other IOS' for cIOS' I do hope this will block off IOS reloading on USB Loaders & DVD's.

He said he managed to block IOS reload on DVDs at Twitter before!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is alot of great news, i for one am excited for Rev20! Slots/Fixes/Wifi with NAND emulation etc.

Its gonna be greaaaat! I think it will contain the least amount of bugs too since he actually has debug hardware (USB Gecko) now ^^

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
nobody reads the twitter account, or even irc for that matter, they just wait for someone to make a speculatin thread!!!

*facepalm*

I do read the twiiter of his. Only I couldnt find the old rev20 coming soon page ths morning. So i said **** it, let someone else type in everything and make a new one.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be great if some type of "standard" was developed for where IOS's go, or there was an option in usb loaders to map slots of each cios. Then, the usb loader could look at the game to see which ios it calls for and pick accordingly. A lot of lower ios'es that are known good with ios38 would be pointed accordingly.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao. nintendo already made that standard. all IOSes go in "title/00000001/" in the nand. any attemp to sort them past that will just be a big wast of time.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
lmao. nintendo already made that standard. all IOSes go in "title/00000001/" in the nand. any attemp to sort them past that will just be a big wast of time.
Right, that's what I was talking about. What I'm trying to say is that usb loaders should be able to read that and determine which cios to use based on user/predefined cios mappings.

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
giantpune said:
Right, that's what I was talking about. What I'm trying to say is that usb loaders should be able to read that and determine which cios to use based on user/predefined cios mappings.

You mean like if a game is trying to use IOS A, then USB_GX should automatically try to use cIOS X? And if IOS B, then cIOS Y; and if IOS C, then cIOS Z? And then we try to hammer out a consistent use-case something along the lines of 249 is for highest compatibility, 250 is for rock band/music games compatibility, 251 is for _____, etc.

I'd leave it to experts like GiantPrune to weigh in if games use enough of a standard or trend to make mappings like this worthwhile, but if they do... that could actually be pretty cool.

I know I've seen posted here which combination are best for different situations, I just can't find it at the moment.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tnt118 said:
You mean like if a game is trying to use IOS A, then USB_GX should automatically try to use cIOS X? And if IOS B, then cIOS Y; and if IOS C, then cIOS Z? And then we try to hammer out a consistent use-case something along the lines of 249 is for highest compatibility, 250 is for rock band/music games compatibility, 251 is for _____, etc.

There is no reason why you need more than one CIOS installed, it can do the job of loading the modules that the game needs.

K

Kurisuellegarden

cIOS with a base of 37 only works with band games and Monster Hunter while 57 has improved USB. IOS with a base of 38 is the most stable and is able to install wads without an issue. That's the reason why we are wanting to have multiple install.s o-o

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Here's a breakdown of what each base wad is useful for... personally, I use 57 for everything other than guitar hero games (which I use 37)

IOS37-64-v3869.wad -> Instruments.
IOS38-64-v3867.wad -> Same as previous cIOSs, Stable
IOS57-64-v5661.wad -> Offers faster USB loading
IOS60-64-v6174.wad -> Better Network Support
IOS70-64-v6687.wad -> SD(HC) Improvements

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Selecting slots is going to be a nice feature. It's going likely to motivate me to upgrade beyond r17 (which means remaking my forwarders due to the changed USB device name in r18+).

Skipped r18 and r19 since they never did anything for me...can't use base IOS57 because of an incompatible HDD.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kurisuellegarden said:
cIOS with a base of 37 only works with band games and Monster Hunter while 57 has improved USB. IOS with a base of 38 is the most stable and is able to install wads without an issue. That's the reason why we are wanting to have multiple install.s o-o

You can have a single CIOS that loads modules from the IOS that the game wants (or override them on a per game basis). Like a cut down version of SNEEK that is installed as an IOS. In fact I'm suprised that SNEEK has been out so long and nobody has done a cut and shut with hermes or waninkoko's CIOS.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe that we already have a standard of sorts, The writers of the cIOS already chose a slot. They have not varied from those slots much.

Its really in the hands of the app writers to allow you to chose what cIOS your using. Install your cIOS with the bases you want, then let the apps sort it out. There are not that many, that its prohibitive to list them.

It would however be nice to see some apps be able to detect installed cIOS'es and list then accordingly. Instead of hard coding a list, or just forcing you into one. Also to build on that, say have a loader that will auto pick the cIOS based on the game, but thats asking a lot, and just having the power to change the cIOS in a config file is really all that is needed.

D

Deleted member 180466

Then it means that we do not need Hermes cIOS anymore!
biggrin.gif
Not that I hate it or anything, but for me it is enough of one cIOS! I know that Hermes cIOS have stuff that Waninkokos cIOS not have but I've previously said that's enough with one cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-