Cios/IOS help Please?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by devilmaycry1979, Sep 9, 2013.

1. devilmaycry1979
    OP

devilmaycry1979 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    So I used Maui's guide over at Wiihacks.
    I tried to install a forwarder for genesis plus GX and the think read the files but froze multiple times. So I uninstalled the wad using WiiMod.
    Then I started noticing my USB wouldn't detect my drive. Then USB Loader_GX had the path name wrong, so I redirected it to the USB folder. Now everything's OK, except now USB Loader GX wants to display the game art all wrong..I feel like a Sys check was in order..
    :wacko:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Thank You.:)

2. _acid_

_acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    maybe a fresh install of usb loader gx can help. I dont know too much about forwaders though......

devilmaycry1979 likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    default path for usbLoaderGX is /apps/usbloader_gx/
    if you rename the folder, the config file in that folder will still reference that path.

Either edit the GXGlobal.cfg in a text editor, or use the Settings > Reset settings menu
    it will use your new folder for all the paths. (but it's not recommended to change the path, as forwarders and other homebrew may use the /usbloader_gx/ folder name)

4. devilmaycry1979
    OP

devilmaycry1979 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    The only fix was to completly remod, Followed up with the deletion of USB Loader_GX and its forwarder/Channel; then I did a manual re-install of usb loader GX and forwarder.
    Cyan: I did not know you could reset the settings in the menu of USB Loader GX..Thanks.

5. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    You could have just fixed what was wrong without have to do a re-mod. Sometimes I think some people are just to lazy to trouble shoot your problem and tell you to re-mod. Good to hear you got your Wii sorted. I saw your sysCheck and it looked fine.