Hacking cIOS Installer Xr20b installation help needed having problems.

LegendaryGamerJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am having problems getting cIOS Installer Xr20b to install on my Wii. I have the Homebrew Channel installed as a channel and can load cIOS Installer Xr20b through my 2GB SD card. I have the file unziped in a app folder. I followed all the instructions and everything shows but when I go to press 1 in cIOS Installer Xr20b and it shows the screen where you press the A button nothing happens and my Wii drive flashes a steady blue light. What am I missing for this install to work?

LegendaryGamerJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I pick IOS249 the Wii drives starts flashing and the screen just says loading IOS249.... for a while. The music plays fine in the software but nothing else happens.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you choosing IOS249 as the cIOS to use to install with or the IOS slot to install to?
If it's the first, you might not have an actual cIOS installed as IOS249, it may be a stub.
If it's the second, you might want to try using a program like Any Title Deleter to delete whatever is installed as IOS249 first. Before you do so, be sure that you have an alternative patched IOS or cIOS installed that you can use to reinstall cIOS249; for example Herme's cIOS222 or an IOS236.

If you are not sure what IOS/cIOS you have installed, post a SysCheck report.

-[]D

cnapadon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem. When I get to the disclaimer screen, my wii remote becomes unresponsive. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1