Hacking cIOS and IOS's

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I need the newest IOS's in order to play Madworld. The thing is, i don't know what I should download. I downloaded and installed cIOS38 rev13b, would that be enough?

Also, is there any method I can use in order to use error 2 games like excitebots without using Neogamma. I have 3.2u and cIOSCORP. Thanks in advanced, you guys have helped me loads in the past and now that I'm alittle rusty on my Wiibrew game, its good to know you guys are still holding out for me.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
To play madworld and the majority of the new games you need ios's 38 53 and 55 hope that answers that question.

I dont think you can do anything about this but my knowledge is quite limited in this area and im sure a more experienced member could give you a better answer for the neogamma question

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You get 002 in the disc channel? That's not supposed to happen. Do you have the crappy cioscorp v2 by chance?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I would advise just following the "Ultimate 4.0 guide" and upgrade so that the new IOS are installed. It is possible to install the updates manually but I see it as more of a hassel.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Get the latest Gecko OS (1.9.1 I think) - run any game through that - if it needs IOSes it will give you the option to install them. No need to upgrade to 4.0 unless you want to run Wiiware of VC games direct from a SD card.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You get 002 in the disc channel? That's not supposed to happen. Do you have the crappy cioscorp v2 by chance?

No, I have v1.

I'm guessing the difference is that v2 installs all the new IOS's?

If thats the case, am I safe to use it? I'm on 3.2u

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and I've been looking all over the internet and I can't seem to find cIOSCORP v2

I've tried searching for it, I've tried trying to download Softmii and extract it from there but both to no avail. Can someone send me it via PM or give me some clues as to where I can search?

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Oh and I've been looking all over the internet and I can't seem to find cIOSCORP v2

I've tried searching for it, I've tried trying to download Softmii and extract it from there but both to no avail. Can someone send me it via PM or give me some clues as to where I can search?

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 3 2009, 02:18 AM) You get 002 in the disc channel? That's not supposed to happen. Do you have the crappy cioscorp v2 by chance?

If WiiPower said it's crap. It's crap.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If WiiPower said it's crap. It's crap.

So then system menu 4.0 and preloader are also crap ? as WiiPower says they are all crap ?

imho, they are both really good at what they do but opinions are like assholes, everyone has them
tongue.gif

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or you can try the MiiWii package, search this forum. It includes Cioscorp with a few fixes, plus all the updated IOSes to run games like Madworld from the disk channel + easy installation.

joinx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ocdetective said:
Get the latest Gecko OS (1.9.1 I think) - run any game through that - if it needs IOSes it will give you the option to install them. No need to upgrade to 4.0 unless you want to run Wiiware of VC games direct from a SD card.
hi..i have almost same prob..i am on modchip..3.2u...
i loaded my games with gecko os 1.9.1.1...i get the message that ios 53 is needed to play that game i inserted....but it never ask me to install...where is that option to install ios from gecko os?...i tried to install them from wad installation but still my games fail to load and i get green screen...

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetsuo Shima said:
Or you can try the MiiWii package, search this forum. It includes Cioscorp with a few fixes, plus all the updated IOSes to run games like Madworld from the disk channel + easy installation.

Thanks man, I don't know what else I can do for you to respresent my great graditude.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me the password to MiiWii?

I tried everything in italics, such as Pepsi, sandwich and Password. none of them worked.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetsuo Shima said:
Phratt said:
Thanks man, I don't know what else I can do for you to respresent my great graditude.
Glad that my 100th post was helpful
biggrin.gif

Way more than helpful.

Speaking of helpfulness (or lack thereof), it took me like an hour to figure out the passwords for MiiWii, it turns out I did use the right password but my Adobe pdf reader was out of date, so it made me think it was wrong. That whole hour was unnecessary, all he could have to said is 'password' opens the manual and 'SDHC' opens the program. Jesus christ.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
D-jay has been often criticised for his pw method, but his point was to ensure that people reads the manual carefully, because messing with hacks like preloader or cioscorp is very risky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo